Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member Healemup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    724

    Default PSA - Serious bug with 5,000 favor reward

    Well, apparently I have to take to the forums to stump for issues to get addressed. Tried in game support, they told me they can do NOTHING for it. So, I submitted a bug report. When you do that, it tells you that it can't fix player issues. So, then I call customer support and they tell me that they can do NOTHING either. They say that the bug report is the way to do it. So, here I sit 3 days after not receiving my reward and having posted it on the forums and have not a single response from any one related to Turbine, I come again looking for at least an acknowledgement that someone is aware of it. For those of us who have gotten all but 61 total favor in the game, this is a giant slap in the face. Its bad enough that there are also two other favor rewards that they just haven't bothered to put in (PDK and Harper), but this was an advertised reward that I have spent MANY in game hours working towards.

    A simple "read by a dev" would at least help alleviate my fears that this is just going into the huge heaping pile of bugs that don't get fixed or don't get retro fixed.

    If someone has some alternate way for me to try to resolve this I am willing to try.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

  2. #2
    Community Member Healemup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    724

    Default Update

    Sorry, can't seem to edit the first post.

    Didn't mean for this to end up in the achievement part of the forums. While your reading it, can you please move it...

    Also, in case you aren't aware of the details, if the reward window disappears, you not longer have the option to get the +5 tome of your choice.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

  3. #3
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    Sorry, can't seem to edit the first post.

    Didn't mean for this to end up in the achievement part of the forums. While your reading it, can you please move it...

    Also, in case you aren't aware of the details, if the reward window disappears, you not longer have the option to get the +5 tome of your choice.
    It may not be perfect, but a potential workaround might be to epic or lesser reincarnate. It seems to "reset" any rewards lists you have active at the time. I haven't checked post U21, but it might be possible to "reboot" your list this way. It's worth a shot if you can't get anywhere with official methods.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  4. #4
    Community Member Healemup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    It may not be perfect, but a potential workaround might be to epic or lesser reincarnate. It seems to "reset" any rewards lists you have active at the time. I haven't checked post U21, but it might be possible to "reboot" your list this way. It's worth a shot if you can't get anywhere with official methods.
    That is probably what I may have to do. I was actually wanting to wait to ETR in case that would cause them to NOT give me the reward. I suppose if I don't hear some other response, that may be my next course of action.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

  5. #5
    Undermine Zerger Knight_slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ghallanda
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Healemup View Post
    Well, apparently I have to take to the forums to stump for issues to get addressed. Tried in game support, they told me they can do NOTHING for it. So, I submitted a bug report. When you do that, it tells you that it can't fix player issues. So, then I call customer support and they tell me that they can do NOTHING either. They say that the bug report is the way to do it. So, here I sit 3 days after not receiving my reward and having posted it on the forums and have not a single response from any one related to Turbine, I come again looking for at least an acknowledgement that someone is aware of it. For those of us who have gotten all but 61 total favor in the game, this is a giant slap in the face. Its bad enough that there are also two other favor rewards that they just haven't bothered to put in (PDK and Harper), but this was an advertised reward that I have spent MANY in game hours working towards.

    A simple "read by a dev" would at least help alleviate my fears that this is just going into the huge heaping pile of bugs that don't get fixed or don't get retro fixed.

    If someone has some alternate way for me to try to resolve this I am willing to try.
    When I have issues like this the only way I have ever had any help is to PM a dev. I lost my past live feats for artifesser once, in game support = sorry cant help. Forum bug report = who knows they don't EVER respond to you. PM a dev seems to have about a 25% success rate. I have had 4 issues like this, 1 of them has been resolved.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...
    Posts
    3,003

    Default Bump

    Sorry to hear about this man. That sucks. Thanks for warning the rest of us. Hopefully you get it resolved and get your reward. I've got two characters that are close to that reward and it is no small task getting max favor. Really lame to get screwed like this after putting in all that effort.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

  7. #7
    Community Member Healemup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    724

    Default Still no luck

    Well, neither Epic Reincarnation nor Lesser Reincarnation worked.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload