Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DDOCast Anniversary Card "50-50" Raffle!

Happy Birthday DDO & DnD! As you probably know already, with update 21 everyone got a Classic Red Box with which we get to play a fun little card trading game. In this game everyone gets to roll a magical d20 every day(ish) to collect tradable cards which yield a variety of prizes. To further add to the enjoyment and merriment of all DDOCast is hosting a Collectible Card “50-50” Raffle.

What is DDOCast?
    If you havent heard of us, DDOCast is a (mostly) weekly podcast that covers the latest news of DDO as well as a variety of other topics ranging from silly to serious, from tips and tricks to fake commercials. You can find more about us and watch/listen to episodes at www.ddocast.com. You can also subscribe to the podcast via youtube and normal podcast venues (ie iTunes etc)

How does this work?

I will be collecting trading cards from players like you on every server. At the end of the event I hope to have a sizable cash of cards on each server. I will then award at least 1 player on EACH server with a sizable portion of the cards. If the stash on each server is indeed sizable there may be more than 1 winner per server.

I know what you are thinking, you want your cards, why would you send them to me likely not getting anything in return? Here’s the trick, I’m asking you to send me the cards from servers you DON’T play on! Keep your cards on the servers you regularly play on. Send me the cards you would get on servers you DON’T regularly play on!

Each card you send me is worth 1 raffle ticket (regardless of the card number). At the end of the event I will not only send at least 1 winner on each server a pile of cards, but I will also be drawing additional door prizes with the same raffle system across ALL servers. Door prizes will include:
    • 1 @ 1000 Turbine Points & a snowy Owlbear companion – drawn from the top 20 card givers
    • 1 @ 500 Turbine Points & a snowy owlbear companion – drawn from the top 50 card givers
    • 1 @ 500 Turbine Points – drawn from all card givers
    • 3 @ Snowy owlbear companions – Drawn from all card givers

How to play

Create a character on a server you don’t want cards on. Then simply log in once per day as often as you can and roll up some cards. Then send them via in game mail to the character Ddocastone. In the mail text please include a character name and a server for me to contact you on should you win and for me to count your contributed cards. Remember to use the same name every time because the top prizes go to the top givers!

Tips for playing
    1. Your character will need to be level 4 or higher and must be past korthos island to play the card game and roll the dice. Creating a veteran status 1 or 2 or creating an iconic character will do the trick.
    2. You will need to have some cash to mail cards. Create a spell caster and then sell the ingredients and roll the free daily dice to win platinum and/or sellable prizes
    3. Creating dummy characters can take some time – choose a path at character creation and stay on the path for some fast leveling.
    4. My mailbox on each server will probably get full regularly. If it is full, keep rolling cards – you can send a stack of the same card in 1 go. (my mailboxes will typically get cleaned around 5p on a weekday)

What happens to the cards I keep?
    I love giving away prizes on DDOCast for this and that reason. All extra cards will be kept for this purpose: prizes and give aways.

Thanks everyone, and enjoy the card game. Thanks for listening and thanks for participating!
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Question:
    Would you send us a prize on, assuming we win a raffle prize, the server we do want our cards on - or on the server we mailed the cards from?

I ask only because getting a Snowy on a server I don't play on much, but sent you cards on, would make me less happy then having it on the server I spend most of my time on.

Excellent idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Question:
    Would you send us a prize on, assuming we win a raffle prize, the server we do want our cards on - or on the server we mailed the cards from?

I ask only because getting a Snowy on a server I don't play on much, but sent you cards on, would make me less happy then having it on the server I spend most of my time on.

Excellent idea though.
    He answered that in the How To Play bit - In the mail text please include a character name and a server for me to contact you on should you win

Gotcha. TY.
    I should maybe stop trying to read detailed posts while talking to my wife about plans for tomorrow. Split focus isn't really working out so well. lol

do i get a receipt?
    Inagaki
    Argo
    CoP

Quote Originally Posted by pjstechie View Post
    ... d20 every day(ish) ...

What is DDOCast?
    If you havent heard of us, DDOCast is a (mostly) weekly podcast ...

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Thumbs up Should be fun

Sounds cool! I knew keeping my other-server toons around would come in handy.

Questions:

Is there a way to attach more than 1 item (card) to a letter? If there is it would sure save me a lot of time

Is it necessary we put our servers and names on every message we send cards in? Or will you be keeping such meticulous records that that repeated data will be extraneous?
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Question:

Excellent idea though.
    you get cards on whichever server you tell me your character is on when you mail me cards. im assuming (and trying to tell you not to) you wont send me cards on the server you want them on

regarding the owlbear - cordovan gave me a code, so im assuming it would give you a bear on every server

points are also a code so server shouldnt matter.
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    thats cocktail hour

if i was drinking while doing the show the results would be ugly, embarrassing, and comical im sure...you have no idea how much my brain has to work to be in a discussion, read, listen, monitor time and everything else all at once. you think memnir has problems split focusing, try runnign a podcast

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Sounds cool! I knew keeping my other-server toons around would come in handy.

Questions:

Is there a way to attach more than 1 item (card) to a letter? If there is it would sure save me a lot of time

Is it necessary we put our servers and names on every message we send cards in? Or will you be keeping such meticulous records that that repeated data will be extraneous?
    there is not a way to do more than 1 as far as i know. however, you could just stock up on cards for a few days and mail them in bulk, you could even wait til teh very end if you wanted (i wont close the event/give out prizes til a few days after the dice stop rolling)

i would say its not necessary to put your name and server in EVERY mail, but im not saving character mailed names so each time you mail in a bunch you should do so. I make no promises that i will associate character names NOT in the mail message with the server name after i delete the previous mail

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySheepdip View Post
    do i get a receipt?
    if you ask for one in your mail message i could probably oblige...provided you send me enough plat to send a reply

(i figured out the sell the ingredients thing from ecgric AFTER i rolled a bunch of fighters and i havent rolled plat on all of my daily dice yet...)

Cool idea! Good luck with it!

You can mail a stack of the same card at once, but not several stacks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Great idea I'll be saving up some stacks and send them before the event ends.
    I'm also getting pseudo-dragon certificates on all the servers, if you want I could send them to you aswell to use as an additional prize?

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Now I know what I am saving my off server stacks for

Great idea!
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    Great idea I'll be saving up some stacks and send them before the event ends.
    So when exactly do you plan on conducting this raffle? That way I can save them up rather than wearing you down like a flock of stirges.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

Community Member

This sounds like one of those "I am attorney for your late great uncle Mr. Fredrick Fredrickson who lived in South Africa. He recently passed away and we are trying to find a way to reach you as you are listed as the heir to his great fortune. Please contact me immediately." I would love to sketch out my family tree based on all the emails I get from these.

I'm sure it's legit, and seeing Cordovan post here makes it more so. I mean no offense. It was just funny reading it and never having heard of you guys before.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    never having heard of you guys before.
    They've done some interviews with Cordovan and some of the developers. The links to those can usually be found on the dev tracker, thanks to Cordovan bumping the thread
    I'd say they're pretty well known, enough to be trustworthy

I know you don't doubt the legitimacy, but just thought I'd mention it, in case anyone else do.

Community Member

Really cool idea. gl with it but ...... there is that thing .... cough* cough* erghh to make it short, expect a lot of cards from some players
    Not a native english speaker.

Is there a limit of cards we can send?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast