Happy Birthday DDO & DnD! As you probably know already, with update 21 everyone got a Classic Red Box with which we get to play a fun little card trading game. In this game everyone gets to roll a magical d20 every day(ish) to collect tradable cards which yield a variety of prizes. To further add to the enjoyment and merriment of all DDOCast is hosting a Collectible Card “50-50” Raffle.
What is DDOCast?
If you havent heard of us, DDOCast is a (mostly) weekly podcast that covers the latest news of DDO as well as a variety of other topics ranging from silly to serious, from tips and tricks to fake commercials. You can find more about us and watch/listen to episodes at www.ddocast.com. You can also subscribe to the podcast via youtube and normal podcast venues (ie iTunes etc)
How does this work?
I will be collecting trading cards from players like you on every server. At the end of the event I hope to have a sizable cash of cards on each server. I will then award at least 1 player on EACH server with a sizable portion of the cards. If the stash on each server is indeed sizable there may be more than 1 winner per server.
I know what you are thinking, you want your cards, why would you send them to me likely not getting anything in return? Here’s the trick, I’m asking you to send me the cards from servers you DON’T play on! Keep your cards on the servers you regularly play on. Send me the cards you would get on servers you DON’T regularly play on!
Each card you send me is worth 1 raffle ticket (regardless of the card number). At the end of the event I will not only send at least 1 winner on each server a pile of cards, but I will also be drawing additional door prizes with the same raffle system across ALL servers. Door prizes will include:
• 1 @ 1000 Turbine Points & a snowy Owlbear companion – drawn from the top 20 card givers
• 1 @ 500 Turbine Points & a snowy owlbear companion – drawn from the top 50 card givers
• 1 @ 500 Turbine Points – drawn from all card givers
• 3 @ Snowy owlbear companions – Drawn from all card givers
How to play
Create a character on a server you don’t want cards on. Then simply log in once per day as often as you can and roll up some cards. Then send them via in game mail to the character Ddocastone. In the mail text please include a character name and a server for me to contact you on should you win and for me to count your contributed cards. Remember to use the same name every time because the top prizes go to the top givers!
Tips for playing
1. Your character will need to be level 4 or higher and must be past korthos island to play the card game and roll the dice. Creating a veteran status 1 or 2 or creating an iconic character will do the trick.
2. You will need to have some cash to mail cards. Create a spell caster and then sell the ingredients and roll the free daily dice to win platinum and/or sellable prizes
3. Creating dummy characters can take some time – choose a path at character creation and stay on the path for some fast leveling.
4. My mailbox on each server will probably get full regularly. If it is full, keep rolling cards – you can send a stack of the same card in 1 go. (my mailboxes will typically get cleaned around 5p on a weekday)
What happens to the cards I keep?
I love giving away prizes on DDOCast for this and that reason. All extra cards will be kept for this purpose: prizes and give aways.
Thanks everyone, and enjoy the card game. Thanks for listening and thanks for participating!