Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

so basically I should just eTR and skip thunderforged things since it is a humongous ass grind (which I really don't have the heart for)......

got it.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    so basically I should just eTR and skip thunderforged things since it is a humongous ass grind (which I really don't have the heart for)......

got it.
    Actually you will get even more grind later if you wait now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I'm sorry but it is not too hard to understand.

EE is much more difficult and much longer so it should have better rewards. A 20% chance for a 2nd Phlogiston and ~10avg more ingots is not even asking for a lot more than EH.

You are bringing up efficiency. I didn't even mention it.
    I completely agree with your point, but from scanning the chests I saw it seemed the drops rate was well under 50% on EN and about 50% on EH. It would be great if a dev could publish the actual drop rates like they did for coms in FOT.

Is the drop rate approximately

30% EN
    60% EH
    100% EE when not re-rolling which shouldn't be permitted anyhow?

I am just guessing based on my own runs 5 EH and 2 EN and your note about EE, Is it similar to coms of valor or different?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Actually you will get even more grind later if you wait now.
    how so?
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Community Member

how so?
    Level cap is changing to 30. I believe that is what he means.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Okay so I'm just gonna get on with my eTRing and leave the TF stuff for later......

Compare this to Shroud. People re-ran Shroud not because they want to make ONE weapon/item, but because they wanted to make many. Make it easier to make many; people will keep running.

In 3 months, add the ability to craft wearable items with the same mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    The whole raid got 1. Some re-rolls were without a Phlogiston so it is not even guaranteed on EE.
    PS that is some BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSH......etc.
    Last edited by Egeus; 03-12-2014 at 04:52 PM.

got it.
    That's what it seems like. I was pretty excited about this content. I have 4 characters at level 28 but I am going to TR 2 of them. There is no way I am going to run these raids 400-800 times or whatever.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Not what I mean, wont mention it, but go run the raids.

It needs a change ASAP, like FoT:

Epic Normal: 1
    Epic Hard: 1D2
    Epic Elite: 1D2+1

People will do more than one weapon, they are good enough, but the grind is INSANE and the time consuming raid even more, please devs, remember CiTW fail droprates of Heroic Comms.

The players like the feeling of making progress towards something, if you get 0 after 3-4 runs you will feel disappointed with the raid/game.
    Last edited by Henky; 03-13-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    It needs a change ASAP, like FoT:

Epic Normal: 1
    Epic Hard: 1D2
    Epic Elite: 1D2+1

People will do more than one weapon, they are good enough, but the grind is INSANE and the time consuming raid even more, please devs, remember CiTW fail droprates of Heroic Comms.

The players like the feeling of making progress towards something, if you get 0 after 3-4 runs you will feel disappointed with the raid/game.
    This^^

CitW proved that when drop rates are absolutely horrible people will give up and move on. After a while it's not worth it anymore.

Don 't know if anyone has used timers to get a 20th already or what may show up there, but with so little raid loot in each of the new raids, it could be nice to have a list of ingredients as well such as 10 phlogs, 100 ingots, 50 scales (p.s. no thought was put into those numbers, just the concept of having ingreds drop in a 20 list.)
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    Not worth it for me. Too much of a grind. I play to have fun not for mindless grinding.
    You have to get the balance right . . . it's can't be too easy but it's can't be so insane we just say "screw it, this is turbine and they'll just make this stuff obsolete in 3 months anyway so why bother?"

It's like a baby-bear's porridge.

Shroud got this kind of thing right.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 03-13-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Shroud got this kind of thing right.

Shroud got a lot of things right...in context to what is a well designed raid.

We need more Shrouds and less CitWs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCookieQueen View Post
    Shroud got a lot of things right...in context to what is a well designed raid.

We need more Shrouds and less CitWs.
    Yep. More shrouds and less CitWs and shadow dragon raids.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Why do the Phlogistons even exist? Aren't the BtC Scales enough of a crafting material to have you running the raids to get the upgrades you want? Makes no sense to me, you already have to run the raids X times to get the scales you need, and the ratio of rewards on the scales seems to have been done okay. I'm not even sure the design purpose of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paryan View Post
    Don 't know if anyone has used timers to get a 20th already or what may show up there, but with so little raid loot in each of the new raids, it could be nice to have a list of ingredients as well such as 10 phlogs, 100 ingots, 50 scales (p.s. no thought was put into those numbers, just the concept of having ingreds drop in a 20 list.)
    This need a LoB reward style, every 10 runs a stack of ingredients. Hell, even every 5 runs wouldn't be out of the chart. I'm betting for a 20th completion bugged reward

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    Why do the Phlogistons even exist? Aren't the BtC Scales enough of a crafting material to have you running the raids to get the upgrades you want? Makes no sense to me, you already have to run the raids X times to get the scales you need, and the ratio of rewards on the scales seems to have been done okay. I'm not even sure the design purpose of them.
    From what I've seen the scales aren't bound at all. The phlogistons are the only bound component. You could trade for scales and ingots. The prices are outrageous now, but will stabilize after a while and should be a nice form of currency as long as the weapons stay relevant. I personally think the phlogiston requirement is a bit high compared to the current drop rates, but I really hope the EH and EE drop rates are bugged. Not a single person has seen more than one phlogiston drop at a time on any difficulty. That can't be right... I hope.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    From what I've seen the scales aren't bound at all. The phlogistons are the only bound component.
    Well good grief, you'd think I would have noticed that, I just looted 'em and assumed BtC like everything else lately. Hm, that changes things a bit.
    In that case, it should probably require about the same amount of runs to get the phlogistons as it does the scales you need for T2+T3, imho.
    On EE that would mean getting 2 phlogistons, I think, which seems about right - give us 50% on EN, 1 on EH, 2 on EE. 1d3 on EE would be okay as well. 1d2 on EH seems too high unless EE is even more.

Odds are they'll release another raid later this year that more than doubles the drop rate and has minimum guarantees, just like Fot and CITW. And this raid will stop being run, just like CITW.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast