Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, March 17th

UPDATE: The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, March 17th from 1:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for emergency maintenance. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 03-17-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Does this address the "Akamai" EULA Issue?

Opall
    I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON . I am 1 of many and WE DO NOT approve

~We are Anonymous~We are Legion~We do not forgive~We do not forget~Expect us~

Community Member

Is it really too difficult to post WHY theres gonna be downtime? not just "emergency maintenance", but give the players some information about what you are doing to fix the game we all play?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by OpallNotten View Post
    Does this address the "Akamai" EULA Issue?

Opall
    No. Our engineers continue to work on that, and we'll schedule it to the next available game update once that work is complete. As stated earlier in a couple of places, we're working to get it out as quickly as possible.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krigre View Post
    Is it really too difficult to post WHY theres gonna be downtime?
    Yes, yes it is.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

what the down time about.. give us a hint.. does it have to do with cards?
    Nefatron - Nefron - Nefrous - Ya Know What... Just Call Me NEF ~ Ghalland ~

Is it really too difficult to post WHY theres gonna be downtime? not just "emergency maintenance", but give the players some information about what you are doing to fix the game we all play?
    He already said why. Emergency Maintenance. If it was something that actually affected us, like a change or a fix, they would say it. If it's something like...I dunno...one of the servers fried it's cpu or something...well...emergency maintenance, not going to be announced why because it doesn't matter.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No. Our engineers continue to work on that, and we'll schedule it to the next available game update once that work is complete. As stated earlier in a couple of places, we're working to get it out as quickly as possible.
    So the community manger comes on to tell us it is not Akamai fixing but then neglects to tell us what it is they are fixing hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We can only speculate.

Community Member

Default Seriously...

Come on people, they wouldn't take all the servers down for trivial bugs that aren't causing real problems.
    I've been playing since launch, and the ONLY time the servers come down for "emergency maintenance" is to address something major.
    Case-in-point, the downtime last week to address the magic d20 die during a live event was important enough to bring the servers down to minimize the problems.
    Now, I'm not sure what the issue actually is, but stop guessing minor bugs that don't affect everyone! It's going to be something major for them to take the servers down.

***ok, end of rant***

Eldaye
    ~Khyber Completionist, Epic Completionist

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, March 17th from 1:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for emergency maintenance. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    LOL sounds like a politician ask a question get a VERY vague answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    He already said why. Emergency Maintenance. If it was something that actually affected us, like a change or a fix, they would say it. If it's something like...I dunno...one of the servers fried it's cpu or something...well...emergency maintenance, not going to be announced why because it doesn't matter.
    no they wouldn't and you know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Community Member

Default aint no thing

what I want to know is why so many whiney people ? this game is great!! I have no cpmplaints but one why does real life interfere with my playing????

I don't think that is such an outrageous request to know why. I don't feel entitled to know, but I still would like info on it.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Doom?
    ORIEN
    Officer of DemonSaints
    ~Anameaus~ ~Nicoteen~ ~Agramok~

Community Member

Too bad, guess I won't be playing for awhile yet.

It was for the emergency installation of a few shamrocks.

Hey Cordovan please keep the lines of communication open. That is one of the things players really want to have with turbine. We always applaud it and usually get annoyed when we don't have it.

Be up front. We don't need specifics but it would be nice to give us a general idea of what is happening.....instead of the usual vague and mysterious.

Especially the people that can not play today because of the servers coming down.

The only true emergency these days is if Turbine cannot collect your money.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Can we make sure to have the bonus days turned back on after the maintenance? It was scheduled to be through today this time, would be a shame to lose it because of emergency maintenance and no one turning it back on.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast