Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paralyzing Arrows AA Ranger/monkcher thingy.

Ran the demon sands last night with paralyzing arrows imbued. Ok worked on everything but the undead. They used to work on the undead, so why don't they still work on the undead now? A guild member got all technical and told me its because the undead have no nervous system because they are, well, dead. But I reminded him it was a fantasy game and we have monkchers. If whoever is designing this wants to get that technical then Wizards needs to stick to quarterstaffs and not great swords. Monks needs to stick to hand wraps and not longbows....You all get the idea. Anyways is anyone else having this problem as well?

Cool, so its finally fixed.
    Yay

2014 DDO Players Council April_Kinslayer's Avatar

Other forms of paralyzing weaponry never worked on undead (or constructs if memory serves me). Hooray for fixes.
    Formerly on Reidra, now on Khyber.
    Ahzinna Kinslayer
    Jhakhan Kinslayer
    April Kinslayer
    Mekhan Kinslayer

No man is more noble than the cause he fights

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Cool, so its finally fixed.
    Yay
    Agreed. I don't get as upset as most people do about most bugs, but this one really bugged the hell out of me for some reason. Working on constructs was even worse. And the terror arrows.

I have several friends who are playing AA's and i asked them straight up if they thought it was incredibly cheesy and they both agreed that it was.

To the op, paralyzing weapons have existed in this game for a long time, and they have never worked on constructs or undead, and they shouldn't. Furthermore, does terrifying a robot dog seem reasonable to you? Fantasy game or not, it has to make some kind of sense.

Ok I didn't know that it was bugged. I can live with that.

You mean they fixed it!?!?

Yay! It was about time they fixed the monstrosity that is the ranged dps multiclass abomination in this game. Now we just need to fix the monk splash ridiculousness and make it so 10k stars works with throwing weapons and not bows and DDO will be complete.

I run Human Pure Build Arcane Archer Rangers. I own the monk class but I refuse to use it or splash any class with it just because IMO that class is for those who want an easy way through the game.

kinda like if you build a hot rod car or a motor cycle you spend a lot of time, sweat, blood and money into making it go fast, (all classes but monk) then here comes some rich kid with a off the show room floor right out of the box 600 horse powered Ferrari (Monk Class) who didn't have to spend any time in making it go fast.

I refuse to quest with, group with, or even speak to monk class or anyone that has a splash of monk. I only adventure with real players who knows what its like to have to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    I run Human Pure Build Arcane Archer Rangers. I own the monk class but I refuse to use it or splash any class with it just because IMO that class is for those who want an easy way through the game.
    Ive kept my Elf AA Ranger pure too, never been terribly impressed with monkchers that ive ran with.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

true story, I was in the harbor the other day and some dude over-ran-black-heart-0x something was the name with a monk splash was running his trap to a AA pure build ranger that wasn't even acknowledging this guy. So this guy that was spewing off at the mouth goes down to the wayward lobster in the PVP area and gets dropped in one shot by another pure build AA ranger. I laughed my b u t t off for about 20 minutes at the guy.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by potpurri View Post
    I refuse to quest with, group with, or even speak to monk class or anyone that has a splash of monk. I only adventure with real players who knows what its like to have to work for it.

lol?

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

It was classic, the guy just kept going on and on and on saying stuff like: do I have to repeat myself 3 times? And this AA ranger just ignored him and carried on his conversation with some other dude in general chat. Classic smooth cool ranger just acted like the guy wasn't even there.

Community Member

Ran the demon sands last night with paralyzing arrows imbued. Ok worked on everything but the undead. They used to work on the undead, so why don't they still work on the undead now? A guild member got all technical and told me its because the undead have no nervous system because they are, well, dead. But I reminded him it was a fantasy game and we have monkchers. If whoever is designing this wants to get that technical then Wizards needs to stick to quarterstaffs and not great swords. Monks needs to stick to hand wraps and not longbows....You all get the idea. Anyways is anyone else having this problem as well?

going from an enhancement buff, to class with weapons is a big jump.

being a wizard merely means your a spellcaster, what you wield can vary alot and isnt tied to the class. sure, alot forgo the use of weapons for spells but many do not. like arcane archers, technically they have abit of wizard in them which allow them to do what they do. (AA was a prestige in 3.5 that required the ability to cast 3rd lvl arcane spells) DDO merely doesnt require that restriction. and there have been orders of monks who wield bows in the real world. so saying they should stick to handwraps is kinda pointless. weapons arent tied to classes and have absolutely no comparison to an ability.

as for the ability to paralyze, it was not WAI with paralyzing undead. even for fantasy since undead should be immune to paralyzing from any source, no matter what it effects be it mind or body (undead have Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects) obviously disease and poison were changed to merely provide a bonus (although we are immune to natural poisons) but all the rest is still there. so... even with magic paralysis undead should still be immune.

granted, it would've been nice of them to say that it was not WAI, and that it was being fixed.

Default at Katz

Yes really.

Community Member

If whoever is designing this wants to get that technical then Wizards needs to stick to quarterstaffs and not great swords. Monks needs to stick to hand wraps and not longbows....You all get the idea. Anyways is anyone else having this problem as well?
    I'm not sure you understand what "technical" means in this context. Mostly because your "if technical then this applies" is all wrong.

It was classic, the guy just kept going on and on and on saying stuff like: do I have to repeat myself 3 times? And this AA ranger just ignored him and carried on his conversation with some other dude in general chat. Classic smooth cool ranger just acted like the guy wasn't even there.
    Was that because he was playing a ranger, or do you think that player would have done that playing any class/race combo.

Or maybe hes a ranger/monk splash in real life?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Yes really.
    mm. so on my AA completionist project, katzklaw... if we knew each other you would suddenly stop talking to me when i hit my monk life? or if i had the gall to splash monk into any of my other lives?

good to know.

glad i'm not on cannith, nor do i know you. nor do i want to.

feel free to carry on being an opinionated jerk.

*exit stage left*

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Guys, not all of us on cannith share this opinion.

Just heads up as a attempt to save reputation of the server where i spent last couple years.

I recently dusted off my old ranger and leveled them up as an AA...then quit playing them because it was just too boring. All I was doing was shooting target dummies with green rings around them.

On the other hand, my main is currently a "monk splash" - Fighter 12/Monk 6/Rogue 2. His previous 3 lives were all pure monk.

What can I say, I like monks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast