Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    While this is in no way a complaint aimed at the guilds being successful, there is something inherently wrong when brand new end game raids are being defeated on the hardest difficulty on the first try.
    I would have to suggest that people that have not tried this on EE hold no right of opinion. I am pretty sure this raid will be on the lines of a new type of raid where EE is out of the question for any pug group guild or static group that does not have the best of dedication preseverance and patience.

Basically it is a raid that only the top of the top will be able to complete on EE until ddo eventually goes offline. I have never seen such a raid since ddo was launched in 2006.
    Founder member of aLiclan

While this is in no way a complaint aimed at the guilds being successful, there is something inherently wrong when brand new end game raids are being defeated on the hardest difficulty on the first try.
    We had the chance to see the raid on lammania in the past weeks.
    Today, on Thelanis, we used resources that a normal pug or casual guild could never put together just for the fun of beating the raid on day 1.
    People in the guild were saving Mnemonic potions and other consumables for this raid for months.
    This raid is a hell of a challenge and I think what we managed to do is amazing. We had some difficult moments during the raid (at some point the dragon got stuck; with some luck and the super rage-dps of Pandorum we managed to unstuck it) but we decided to stick together, hang tough and don't leave the dungeon without the completion and the deserved loot.
    Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 03-10-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Turbine dropping the ball on EE loot rates, eh? How sad. I wonder what it'll take to convince them to buff it due to the massive increase in difficulty?

Oh and congrats btw, it takes a lot of fortitude to do a raid on that kind of difficulty.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Congratulations, aLiclan.

This raid was tough. I watched 10 of the strongest players on Ghallanda, and myself, die over a hundred times. Those are people who hold DDO records for highest DPS, highest stats, fastest solo raids, ect.

If people like that couldn't complete the raid, it would be reasonable to assume that the raid can't be done. And aLiclan did it in half the time it took us.
    Have no doubt, aLiclan is badass.

Moreover, it wasn't the first try. You can bet that aLiclan did countless practice runs on lammania.

Reignbeau, running the Steel Shrine Build
    Still the weakest member and dumbest of Omnipresence.

By one of the best players on server.
    Ask them how many pots were used.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 03-10-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    By one of the best players on server.
    Ask them how many pots were used.
    I already have 300 pots from loot and end rewards and the ability to buy unlimited numbers from the either the AH or store.

Level 32 raids are being cleared by level 28 toons using level 28 loot on Day 1. All we are seeing is that unlimited resources will clear content.

How long until we get complaints that there is no end game content again...

Very nice guys. That was a brutal end fight with the endless spawning deathlords, bonerboys and shadows with rediculous HP. I did not think anyone else would complete it day 1. You must have a very skilled group indeed. This is where the haters quote and say "nah just unlimited manna pots" but these people have no clue about the difficulty of the raid and are just spewing hot air on to your achievement.

Respect to your guild and gratz on your completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunta-EU View Post
    Just for the record 0 re-entries

Congrats!

Your pic is kind of hiding the deaths

I'm interested in how many you had.

I already have 300 pots from loot and end rewards and the ability to buy unlimited numbers from the either the AH or store.

Level 32 raids are being cleared by level 28 toons using level 28 loot on Day 1. All we are seeing is that unlimited resources will clear content.

How long until we get complaints that there is no end game content again...
    Get 11 more players and try to complete it, and see if only unlimited mana pots matter.
    I doubt this was their first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Get 11 more players and try to complete it, and see if only unlimited mana pots matter.
    I doubt this was their first try.
    lol, yea. It's mind-boggling how some people believe you only have to bring enough resources and it will magically autocomplete.
    If you can't handle the raid, you will wipe, no matter how many resources in your backpack.

aLiclan and us (Omnipresence) both did it without reentries. So no wipes there.

As a matter of fact, you can also have a group that will not be able to complete due to simply lacking DPS.
    This raid absolutely requires a certain amount of DPS.
    Simply put: you must be able to kill the dragonlords (rednamed) faster than they respawn. If you can't hit that threshold, the dragon will become (almost) invulnerable.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Congrats!

Your pic is kind of hiding the deaths

I'm interested in how many you had.
    The end fight was kinda brutal and much harder than on lammania. That is the main reason why we had alot of deaths and we decided to not give mobs the satisfaction to see they got conquest bonus.
    Same for potions. We had to use a lot of mana pots to get the completion because our strategy and party setup wasn't the best for the task. But that's normal when you do the raid day 1.

We killed the dragon by mistake one time but got it right on the second attempt because we did a perfect job with the levers. You have to pull them in the exact moment you do the final blow on the dragon. Otherwise he will resurrect. If you wait for it to die and then pull the levers you are late
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Nice, congrats!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

that doesn't mean its hard at all. it just means they have raided together or at least know how to work together. its not hard. communication and teamwork is your best tool ever.

Congrats aLiclan! I recognize some of those names from my (past) Daily VoN3 runs. Good toons. Quite an accomplishment!

First off, a HUGE congrats to aliclan!

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Turbine dropping the ball on EE loot rates, eh? How sad. I wonder what it'll take to convince them to buff it due to the massive increase in difficulty?

Oh and congrats btw, it takes a lot of fortitude to do a raid on that kind of difficulty.
    Unfortunately this fight has been fought and lost. Multiple devs have stated that this type of loot scaling will be here to stay for 2014. The emphasis is on running EN.
    Last edited by ishr; 03-12-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Max congrats on the achievement.

Aliclan is one of those groups of people that make you feel sure of completion when you join one of their pugs.
    Just my opinion, and we all have one, just like... well we all have one.

Thelanis: Neng (Completionist project) - Treelerooh (Wiz) - Ketekasko (Monk)

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    that doesn't mean its hard at all. it just means they have raided together or at least know how to work together. its not hard. communication and teamwork is your best tool ever.
    well said +1
    Google Celebrity Dungeons & Dragons Acquisitions Inc, podcast and youtube videos ,you wont regret it

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    The main thing is to be able to materialize theories into actions. In theory, there is no diference between practice and theory. In practice there is.
    Founder member of aLiclan

Quote Originally Posted by Hunta-EU View Post
    Well we had our share of bugs too but we got there in the end. Truly an epic fight.
    Congrats to Omnipresence on Ghallanda.

First for Thelanis and first try of the day.

Edit - After watching the video of the Ghallanda complete it is clear that they did not complete as intended. Having a GM finish it for you does not count. Therefore the clan are claiming this worldwide first.

Bring on the haters, popcorn provided.

Hmmm didnt u guys claim ee Web same way Almost as Omnipresence did this no completion due to tecnical bugs even If u did everything right? I remeber u was claiming that completion was ok as worldwide first now this ain't?
    Last edited by Baurr; 03-14-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    Guild: RENOWNED
    Toons: Baurr,Skullknock,Tulcca,Tulccaa,Tulcaa

edit: kind words retracted due to pettiness.
    Last edited by BOgre; 03-15-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast