Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EE Shadowdragon Raid - aLiclan

Well we had our share of bugs too but we got there in the end. Truly an epic fight.
    Congrats to Omnipresence on Ghallanda.

First for Thelanis and first try of the day.

Edit - We ran out of popcorn
    Last edited by Hunta-EU; 03-16-2014 at 11:26 AM. Reason: diplomatic impunity
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Community Member

I approve of this even if I am standing behind the scorecard in the screenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Congratulations!

Awesome work.
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

Group setup:
    2 arty
    2 Fvs
    3 AA
    2 Kensei
    1 Sorc
    1 Palemaster
    1 Unyielding Sentinel Paladin
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Nice work.Any loots?

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

two belts: battleragers harness but guildies who got it has logged so cant show you the items
    lotf of phlemie things too ya.

sad amount of Commendations, really sad
    Last edited by Hunta-EU; 03-10-2014 at 06:43 PM.
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

What about bugs? Did you get ghost skellies during the first fight? Vanishing end boss?

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

That was really a good one. We got lucky when the dragon unstuck at some point but lost time with this hindrance. (if he gets stuck in the corner you cannot complete) Still better than not completing at all. (gms could not help apparently) Hard raid for sure, and good job from everyone.
    Founder member of aLiclan

Quote Originally Posted by Hunta-EU View Post
    Well we had our share of bugs too but we got there in the end. Truly an epic fight.
    Congrats to Omnipresence on Ghallanda.

First for Thelanis and first try of the day.

Edit - After watching the video of the Ghallanda complete it is clear that they did not complete as intended. Having a GM finish it for you does not count. Therefore the clan are claiming this worldwide first.

Bring on the haters, popcorn provided.

Hmmm didnt u guys claim ee Web same way Almost as Omnipresence did this no completion due to tecnical bugs even If u did everything right? I remeber u was claiming that completion was ok as worldwide first now this ain't?
    Last edited by Baurr; 03-14-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    Guild: RENOWNED
    Toons: Baurr,Skullknock,Tulcca,Tulccaa,Tulcaa

edit: kind words retracted due to pettiness.
    Last edited by BOgre; 03-15-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Baurr View Post
    Hmmm didnt u guys claim ee Web same way Almost as Omnipresence did this no completion due to tecnical bugs even If u did everything right? I remeber u was claiming that completion was ok as worldwide first now this ain't?
    OK. Lets get some facts straight first. We completed web without any gm. Here is the proof. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=aliclan

So your theory is wrong, although a good one, I admit.

And the screenshot from this thread:
    Last edited by Sonofmoradin; 03-14-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Grats on your completion, I think its silly trying to claim a DDO first, but I don't care to get into that.

May I ask what your re-entries if any, and death count was? You have snipped it out of all screenshots...

We posted ours which was tremendous amount, why not post yours? Can't be worse.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    Grats on your completion, I think its silly trying to claim a DDO first, but I don't care to get into that.

May I ask what your re-entries if any, and death count was? You have snipped it out of all screenshots...

We posted ours which was tremendous amount, why not post yours? Can't be worse.
    Sure as soon as possible we could post more screenshots. - You will see that it took us 8 hours to complete, we had to kill the dragon literally 3 times we had 250+ deaths and we used the Thelanis stock on major mnemonic potions. However, when we asked helped from a GM we got no help at all. Luckily we managed to get the dragon unstuck (that was our problem), and while the last of the resources were literally spent, we killed the dragon normally. As for how we did it, you can ask the raid leader, I think she knows alot better than me. As for the reentries, the current screenshots show we had 0 reentries already.

No it is not silly to claim what is yours, no matter how small or big it is or even in a game. It is even sillier to assume that the other guild did not care as much as we did since they already said that they would have completed in 90(!) minutes. This means they were in a hurry, they were prepared, they had endless training on Lammania, but in the end, the end fight was changed when it went live... I am really sorry for Omnipresence because I know what we went through, and I know what everyone is gonna get through if he tries to do that raid on EE. But that is how things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofmoradin View Post
    OK. Lets get some facts straight first. We completed web without any gm. Here is the proof. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=aliclan

So your theory is wrong, although a good one, I admit.

And the screenshot from this thread:
    Whats the proof in that screenshot a uncompleted raid? When your players said u sent ticket after ticket in the ee Web and still was waiting on favor and and completion for hour If i remember right u never got it? .. Dont get me wrong its a Achievement both raids and sad that bugs gonna screw em
    Last edited by Baurr; 03-15-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    Guild: RENOWNED
    Toons: Baurr,Skullknock,Tulcca,Tulccaa,Tulcaa

Quote Originally Posted by Baurr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofmoradin View Post
    OK. Lets get some facts straight first. We completed web without any gm. Here is the proof...snip
    The status of the Caught in the Web raid you have referenced is underway, not completed. This can clearly be seen in the XP report of the screenshot you yourself provided. Therefore, by stating that you completed CITW without any GM is a contradiction. To stay with your CITW run as a useful comparison. You guys found yourself, at the end of CITW, in a position where you couldn't possibly do anything more in your power to gain the official XP report status of 'Completed.' You had run the raid as intended and met the raid objectives required to complete the raid. However, due to a very unfair bug you weren't able to complete because Ana wasn't behaving properly. Our Shadow Dragon wasn't behaving properly. We hit it when it was prone, directly on top of the burial mound with the light beams twice and the raid didn't complete. At this point there wasn't anything in our power for us left to do.

I would've preferred it if you had contacted us privately to try and address this counterclaim issue, instead of dismissing our achievement and trying to smear us because a GM was involved. It doesn't look good for either side when it happens like this.

I think the Main difference between aLiclan Citw and Omnipresence Shadow dragon is that in the first case aLiclan had successfully completed the raid but had to ask the GM help to Loot and to get the favors.
    In the second case Omnipresence didn't really killed the shadowdragon and had to ask a GM to kill it.

Having seen the video of their (almost) completion I Can See that They had a good positioning of the dragon on top of the mound but the timing of the levers wasnt really perfect.
    They pulled the levers probably just a fraction of a second too late and because of that the dragon resurrected.

In the first day of training on lammania we saw that in order to kill the freaking dragon you had to Pull the levers at the exact same time you beat the dragon down, otherwise if you wait till the dragon is down
    and then pull the levers like Omnipresence did (video here) chances are very high that the dragon Will resurrect.

In the first 2 attempts on lammania we had seen the shadowdragon resurrecting like 10 times because it was super hard to get the right timing.
    Eventually we just came up with the idea to stop the dps on the dragon when it is at 4% and do a count down to Pull the levers and kill the dragon at the exact same time. With this strategy we finished the raid 3-4 times already and the dragon never resurrected not Even one time
    Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 03-15-2014 at 03:44 AM.
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube