Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Extra Space - Not that much

(Preface: I hope I got this into the right place, feel free to move as appropriate)

So, it was a while ago that I last logged onto Lam-Land, but I'm sure I saw quite a lot more inventory space available that the 20 extra slots on offer with U21. I am still waiting for my client to update, but perhaps someone can confirm: are we only getting 20 additional slots? Or do you purchase 20 at a time up to x amount of times? Or, perhaps, we'll see more slots being made available at updates roll out during the course of the year?
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    (Preface: I hope I got this into the right place, feel free to move as appropriate)

So, it was a while ago that I last logged onto Lam-Land, but I'm sure I saw quite a lot more inventory space available that the 20 extra slots on offer with U21. I am still waiting for my client to update, but perhaps someone can confirm: are we only getting 20 additional slots? Or do you purchase 20 at a time up to x amount of times? Or, perhaps, we'll see more slots being made available at updates roll out during the course of the year?
    For U21 there's 20 slots, and we'll have more during the course of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Haha, this is weirdly hilarious to me. It's like my parents with Halloween candy when I was 7 . . . they'd confiscate it and dole it out a couple of pieces at a time. Only I wasn't paying them for it.

I'm just kidding, this doesn't bother me at all -- I'm glad for more storage. It just made me chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Being that more and more items are being added to inventory... it would be nice/appropriate for an extra bag to be a favor reward. perhaps the pdk tier instead of the dog certificate or pdk/shroud where there is no reward.

I don't mind paying for one but give us a free one too.
    Last edited by Thar; 03-10-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post

Holy inventories? How do you need so much? My melee ranged fighter ranger rogue with full umd is good with 6. He'll in pnp you would get a back pack where you could fit some rope and kindling in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    Haha, this is weirdly hilarious to me. It's like my parents with Halloween candy when I was 7 . . .
    Hmm as a Halloween baby, this is an alien concept to me. ALL THE CANDY!

But in the case of the storage space, some of our performance-focused folk were concerned about the addition of space on characters SO... as a compromise we elected to start off with one chunk at a time just to be safe. As long as we go for a while and nothing horribly asplodes as the result of the increased space (e.g. "zoh noes, suddenly people's characters are taking a zillion years to load between instances!" or some other oddness), then we can bring out more later on. My expectation is that it'll be fine, and we'll have even more space coming, hooray!

I just want to point out that things like this and alot of other decisions by Turbine lately seem to be pushing us to have only one character, things like epic desitiny, epic TR, gear grinding, TR cache issues (bag space should help that but at a significant TP cost per character).

I have 11 characters - I would like to play all of them but I seriously can't due to how much destiny grinding each one needs to be acceptable in epic hard content (not even considering EE). For EE I would only count one of my characters having anywhere near the requisite gear/stats to run in EE and then only in the right build (he is my TR project as well).....

So the suggestion of a free bag from high end favor should be listened to with an ear to the needs of people like me who have multiple characters we run and like to run. That said don't make it something you only get by running all X type quests on EE since that would be counter productive to the situation.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Good to see you again Tolero! You been absent for a minute
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

But in the case of the storage space, some of our performance-focused folk were concerned about the addition of space on characters SO... as a compromise we elected to start off with one chunk at a time just to be safe. As long as we go for a while and nothing horribly asplodes as the result of the increased space (e.g. "zoh noes, suddenly people's characters are taking a zillion years to load between instances!" or some other oddness), then we can bring out more later on. My expectation is that it'll be fine, and we'll have even more space coming, hooray!
    We never got the shared bank space to 100, when will we get that?

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    I just want to point out that things like this and alot of other decisions by Turbine lately seem to be pushing us to have only one character, things like epic desitiny, epic TR, gear grinding, TR cache issues (bag space should help that but at a significant TP cost per character).

I have 11 characters - I would like to play all of them but I seriously can't due to how much destiny grinding each one needs to be acceptable in epic hard content (not even considering EE). For EE I would only count one of my characters having anywhere near the requisite gear/stats to run in EE and then only in the right build (he is my TR project as well).....

So the suggestion of a free bag from high end favor should be listened to with an ear to the needs of people like me who have multiple characters we run and like to run. That said don't make it something you only get by running all X type quests on EE since that would be counter productive to the situation.
    Agreeded -

People playing more alts --> healther game

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Makes perfect sense, thanks for the explanation. Here's hoping there are no performance impact -- I'd really like more space. I hate running to the bank/crafting house between quests!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Thanks for the feedback, Tolero. Glad you guys are focused on making sure that things work well. I think there are some good points made in this thread, and I hope you guys at Turbine are as attentive to that as much as the needs to address potential performance issues.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Any chance of getting some account wide inventory space upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    No specific announcements yet, but we have something we're working on related to account-wide space upgrades. So it's definitely on our minds!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    That would be nice. I, too, am in the boat of copious alts and an option to purchase any sort of convenience/augmentation items for all characters on that account would be very welcome.

I mean, assume 10 characters on the account and offer pack slots, bags, bank slots, etc at normal price x10. I know I'd certainly buy more if that were an option.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

If we cannot buy the 40 spaces only 20, can we get rid of the stupid tab trying to sell me more or fix it so i can buy the 20 and get rid of it myself.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

No specific announcements yet, but we have something we're working on related to account-wide space upgrades. So it's definitely on our minds!
    Personally i would much rather more character bank slots, considering the amount of BtC gear these days, my shared bank is not as valuable as it once was and i wouldn't bother buying anymore slots for it.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Community Member

I have already purchased the new inventory tab! I'm SO glad you're finally getting around to fixing the storage issues on DDO. It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction!

On a side note, can you please make the "Buy Now!" tab go away after I've already purchased all available bags? Got my hopes up. Tried restarting DDO to see if it would let me buy another bag - no such luck. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    I have already purchased the new inventory tab! I'm SO glad you're finally getting around to fixing the storage issues on DDO. It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction!

On a side note, can you please make the "Buy Now!" tab go away after I've already purchased all available bags? Got my hopes up. Tried restarting DDO to see if it would let me buy another bag - no such luck. :-/
    If you already purchased the Tab dont Heroic or Iconic Reincarnate, then the bag is gone. At least you cannot get over 6 bags again then, since the bag NPC wont let you turn in your Collapsed Portable Hole, i guess that Portable Hole Bag is coded as 6th bag, and if you already have 6 before he will just decline. Nasty Bug hope that gets fixed, want my 7th Bag back
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    If you already purchased the Tab dont Heroic or Iconic Reincarnate, then the bag is gone. At least you cannot get over 6 bags again then, since the bag NPC wont let you turn in your Collapsed Portable Hole, i guess that Portable Hole Bag is coded as 6th bag, and if you already have 6 before he will just decline. Nasty Bug hope that gets fixed, want my 7th Bag back
    Thanks for the tip. I'm currently working on ETRs, so no worries in the immediate future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast