Exclamation HELP! I cannot connect anymore! FAILED RETRY 60 seconds infinite loop.

Greets.

I was playing DDO just fine a few days ago when it suddenly crashed to desktop. I haven't been able to relogin since.

The Launcher stays stuck at: RETRY 60 seconds loop. DDO has no issues with firewalls etc as I have been playing for years.

I have even reinstalled the entire 10GB installation with no luck.

Please assist!!

PS: I remember years ago a solution was posted by the DEVS to address this very situation - it was an ALTernate Launcher file/fix which fixed this very problem - can anyone point that link out to me please. Thanks.
    Make a difference! Sign these Petitions: Death by Mouse! - Paralyzed! - Static Inventory!
    WE DID IT: AH TXT Search!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duskslayer View Post
    Greets.

I was playing DDO just fine a few days ago when it suddenly crashed to desktop. I haven't been able to relogin since.

The Launcher stays stuck at: RETRY 60 seconds loop. DDO has no issues with firewalls etc as I have been playing for years.

I have even reinstalled the entire 10GB installation with no luck.

Please assist!!

PS: I remember years ago a solution was posted by the DEVS to address this very situation - it was an ALTernate Launcher file/fix which fixed this very problem - can anyone point that link out to me please. Thanks.
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 03-08-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    You actually reinstalled the entire game?.. oh my, your issue has to be poor internet connection.. are you playing on laptop? what model. Please provide us with more information.
    I have a 70 MB connection on a desktop PC.

This has happened suddenly. I think something is "jamming" somewhere. Certainly not the firewalls. Is there a "full file check/integrity check/repair" option anywhere? With a clean install this should not be happening.
    Make a difference! Sign these Petitions: Death by Mouse! - Paralyzed! - Static Inventory!

Community Member

I have a 70 MB connection on a desktop PC.

This has happened suddenly. I think something is "jamming" somewhere. Certainly not the firewalls. Is there a "full file check/integrity check/repair" option anywhere? With a clean install this should not be happening.
    Ok, lets see.. try to disable UAC (user access control)
    or try and reset your ip.. go to a dos prompt and type ipconfig /release then hit enter
    then type ipconfig /renew
    that should reset your IP.. now, this is the first step, if this doesn't work then.. -
    - i'll get to you in a minute.

Community Member
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 03-08-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Ok, lets see.. try to disable UAC (user access control)
    or try and reset your ip.. go to a dos prompt and type ipconfig /release then hit enter
    then type ipconfig /renew
    that should reset your IP.. now, this is the first step, if this doesn't work then.. -
    - i'll get to you in a minute.
    Thanks for the assist.

I tried the /ipconfig /release ../flushdns...... /renew route. Restarted as well. No luck.

I reset my modem and router and then did all the /ipconfigs. No luck.

I tried the Turbine Regsvr32 PatchWrapper2.dll & PatchWrapper2PS.dll as well. No luck.

My internet works fine. All other MMOs work fine.... (hmm.. seems LOTRO launcher is also jamming!!!) Seems its just a Turbine issue. //Are they deliberately blocking me?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do I do?

Default Yay!

3rd install using direct download + patching = fixed!

The ordeal wasn't fun - but atleast its working now. No explaination why. Perhaps some corruption when CTD happened.

Haven't re-checked the LOTRO launcher yet - staying away for now - as I dont need it to jam DDO up needlessly! :P

Community Member

The ordeal wasn't fun - but atleast its working now. No explaination why. Perhaps some corruption when CTD happened.

Haven't re-checked the LOTRO launcher yet - staying away for now - as I dont need it to jam DDO up needlessly! :P
    I'm glad to hear that it's fixed now, have a good day!

Community Member

Hi Duskslayer. What do you mean by CTD? What does CTD stand for?

I am always interested in connection issues as I experienced it myself recently - and after spending several years playing DDO and TR'ing your characters, acquiring raid items etc... it can be quite sad to not be able to connect.

I recently experienced an issue like yours. My way around it has been to use VPN (I reinstalled, flushed DNS etc...to no avail). VPN seems to have worked better for me.

Community Member

For a while on my laptop I had to start DDO. Get to the password screen. Then start DDO again and enter the world while the other start of DDO was still in the background at the User Name Password screen.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumiyo View Post
    Hi Duskslayer. What do you mean by CTD? What does CTD stand for?

I am always interested in connection issues as I experienced it myself recently - and after spending several years playing DDO and TR'ing your characters, acquiring raid items etc... it can be quite sad to not be able to connect.

I recently experienced an issue like yours. My way around it has been to use VPN (I reinstalled, flushed DNS etc...to no avail). VPN seems to have worked better for me.
    I copied the CleanUninstall.exe file to another directory and ran it. I uninstalled the DDO via Windows/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs. Then I ran the CleanUninstall.exe again from the DDO directory path. Deleted any other files it left behind. Deleted the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder from My Documents.

Then I downloaded the FULL CLIENT and ran it. Let it patch.... and it ran. Either I lucked out, or and unjammed it somehow. Hoping it will stay this way.

EDIT: Oh, and be sure to UNINSTALL Pando Media Booster, Happy Cloud (and I'm assuming Akamai now) AFTER all install of DDO is done. It's all spyware.
    Last edited by Duskslayer; 03-10-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Spyware info