Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

You can add me to the crafters list as well. I log mostly on weekends, but other than that, I can distribute freebies as soon as I see the mail. I have an habit to gear a lot of people I meet every time I TR and notice the player is new to the game, so it is not much different from what I already do, except now I might help people even if I'm not at low levels.

Amossa, from Sarlona. Crafting levels around 120 in all. Free crafting for new players (first life only). No charge for any other player if you provide materials.

I would also ask you to add to the list of items:

• Oozebane (Weapon of Everbright): ML 2, for oozes. Only blunt weapons (Club = simple, Warhammer = Martial 1-H, Maul = Martial 2-H). Ranged and unarmed never take ooze damage.
    • Protector's Shield (Life Shield Heavy Shield): ML 4
    • Ghostbane (+1 Ghost Touch Weapon of Lesser Undead Bane): ML 4. The +1 is required to bypass Wraith's DR. Wraps, Dagger, Heavy Repeater, Longbow and Greatsword versions.
    • Breather (Underwater action): ML 5. Helm, Goggles or Ring
    • Feather Falling is also appliable on Cloaks, so also add that to the list. Also match that you get a FF clickie on Khortos in a cloak.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    list of blacksmiths is updated with all the latest names.

Keep me posted if that chrono weapon is bound or not it's a good suggestion. (I might have to get the chrono adventure pack :P, it and Threnal are the only packs I don't own)
    They don't seem to say they are bound. I loaded up a backpack full just now and will try to craft and see what happens. I'm feeling good about the odds though

Also, the lifeshield on a shield will work really well I think. Some good ideas in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.

One of the TR twink items I used to always make for myself back in my early days of playing was:

Underwater Action goggles of Persuasion, ML9

This was a nice swap item in that it consolidated two swaps into one inventory slot. You get underwater action just in time for red fens (fathom the depths) and necro 2, plus around level 9 is when you start getting enough umd to wanna try to start actually using it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Hey, are the craftable flametouched iron blanks sold in chronoscope bound? If they're not bound, then it might be worth considering the following for new players:

+1 ghost touch flametouched iron heavy mace of lesser undead bane

It's ML4, and breaks the dr/incorporeal miss chance for both wraiths and the ghostly skeletons in delera's. Also, super cheap to craft. Obviously a maul would be better, but it's harder to find flametouched iron mauls. The ones in chronoscope are sold by a vendor.
    Oh, and for the occasional dex-based TWF, light mace instead. (Or even light hammer if martial proficiency, like the occasional dex-based ranger. One of the few uses for light hammers...)

I seem to remember the Chronoscope weapons being craftable but I could be wrong.

Light maces and hammers are also good for the everbright thing.

Actually I sort of prefer light mace based versions, especially if I find lootgen everbright. Usable by everyone, and the loss in base damage isn't all that bad in a specialty weapon like this.

Another thing which seems to have become a lot more rare and is also almost critical in some quests including f2p ones, is blindness ward. I mean, on some servers these seem to be practically nonexistent or prohibitively expensive nowadays in the AH... any item slot.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015.

Community Member

adding search/disable is a good idea, don't know if this is for all servers but they seem to be pretty uncommon nowadays.
    Oh, they're uncommon all right, and that means prohibitively expensive in the AH, particularly if non-BtCoE.

I mean, "above f2p plat cap for the ML" kind of expensive.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Oh, and for the occasional dex-based TWF, light mace instead. (Or even light hammer if martial proficiency, like the occasional dex-based ranger. One of the few uses for light hammers...)
    According to wiki, the only bludgeon weapon the flametouched iron vendor sells are heavy maces.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Worked on my levels over the past couple of days (thanks to some crafting XP pots I had stashed away) and as a result now have 120+ in all schools (if not a bit higher). Mats are a bit on the thin side now but I still have some left so should be OK, I am deconning stuff like crazy to build up my supplies in case anybody wants anything

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    According to wiki, the only bludgeon weapon the flametouched iron vendor sells are heavy maces.
    Oh, so they seem to be indeed (just checked).

Too bad, so the light maces are even more difficult than mauls then. (Just because you usually want two light maces.)

Still, easier to find than the same in a quarterstaff... do those drop even in the couple of BtA weird-material quarterstaff end reward locations?
    Oh well, ghost touch of righteousness at least breaks the DR if lootgen holy of ghostbane can't be found.

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Oh well, ghost touch of righteousness
    That's a solid choice. +1 Ghost Touch Maul of Rightesousness. Good call.

Community Member

I'm not a high enough level crafter to do this stuff unbound yet, but I'll check to see if I have any spare ingredients. I would also suggest the following:

Stability armor for true neutrals ml1
    Screaming of bleed ml 2
    Feather falling ring of persuasion ml5

I have found all of these items very useful as I TR.

Have been busy with work and real life the past few days, will update image later today.

So, Ghost touch flametouched iron heavy mace of lesser undead bane works?

I'll be adding this, an oozebane and basic search/disable items, for now that's all.

Community Member

So, Ghost touch flametouched iron heavy mace of lesser undead bane works?
    Well, yes.

I would suggest offering also ghost touch of righteousness if suitable flametouched blanks aren't available - some toons will greatly prefer quarterstaves, mauls, or light maces.

The "important" things I've ended up crafting when I haven't been able to find or buy them, often include such as:
    • Blindness ward item (do these drop at all any more?)
    • An ooze-beater, either two-handed or light (quarterstaff, light mace, maul)
    • Undead beater (see above)
    • underwater action
    • either seeker of something, or spellpower, on a shield; buckler for arcane hybrids (are red-slotted shields gone too, BTW?)
    • AML4 armor of invulnerability

And by "often" I mean, more than 4 toons each. Trap gear shortage is so recent that I haven't gotten around to those yet.

I do regret that I can't craft much of those unbound yet, so I'm not much help here...

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

I just came across this thread and think it's a great idea. I'm available as a crafter as well, on Cannith. No charge, main is Zealotry and crafter is Chanteuse.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Added latest two crafters to the list, updated picture with the ghost touch flametouched iron heavy mace of lesser undead bane, an everbright mace and search/disable gear up to +10.

I also added a line of text to the shop description that it's possible to get improved versions of items + the thread offers additional ideas for equipment. For that reason I also made the ghostbreaker and oozebeater the lowest ml possible, we can always add a prefix or enhancement to better fit someones level.

Additional items aren't added to the list, because I don't want to overwhelm new players. I'm hoping all the crafters will guide new players in these things and see to it the players are somewhat ready to survive.

Added latest two crafters to the list
    You missed me. Sarlona needs a second crafter.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Has anyone been asked by a new player for anything on any server? I have not. Someone did ask me to buy them a Heroic Otto's Box.

I have suggested to players on the forums but have been told they want to earn it.

I might have mentioned it to players in the game when I am server hopping trying to get a card, but I don't remember.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Had my first order this morning (Takashiii) for 3 items <Armor of Invulnerability> <Greataxe of Restoration> <Oozebeater>.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Had my first order this morning (Takashiii) for 3 items <Armor of Invulnerability> <Greataxe of Restoration> <Oozebeater>.
    Thanks. Good to know that some new players are utilizing the feature.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member DogstarPhotography's Avatar

Would a stack of Blades of the Dark Six be useful on Cannith? Let me know who to send it to.

A question: what I a decent low level weapon to craft for my alts that does general damage? Thus useful against Kobolds, Bugbears, Goblins, Elves, Dwarves, and various Humans? Screaming <weapon> of Bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by DogstarPhotography View Post
    A question: what I a decent low level weapon to craft for my alts that does general damage? Thus useful against Kobolds, Bugbears, Goblins, Elves, Dwarves, and various Humans? Screaming <weapon> of Bleed?
    Yes, screaming of bleed is very good, only bested by screaming of pure good but pure good requires being good aligned if you want to use it during low levels.

I say that pure good is better than bleeding only because it hits so many more mobs. (Constructs, undead, the vine horrors in red fens, etc...)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast