Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Smithy Alliance - Providing gear for new players

Because starting in a new game or a new server can be somewhat tough in the beginning we've decided to throw in a little help to get you started! Across all servers we now have a smithy alliance (seperate from regular guilds) to be of service to all new players out there!

Table of content:
    1. The Smiths per server
    2. The shop
    3. A word about volunteering
    4. Thank you for donations

1. At this point we have 1 blacksmith per server, some are willing to do it completely free (as to fill the needs of people who do not yet have resources to offer), some are simply unable to do it completely free because they lack the resources, but are willing to put in an effort despite of that.

NOTE* All blacksmiths will smith for free but might be restricted by levels or resources, so please be ready to gather ingredients if necesary.

Blacksmith on Argonessen – Crimsonblade
    --------------------------------Vyder
    --------------------------------Sorayina
    --------------------------------Belnor
    --------------------------------Pallai
    --------------------------------Sizzlak
    --------------------------------Broscou
    Blacksmith on Ghallanda – Tinbucket
    --------------------------------Ashanii
    --------------------------------Hamaliel
    --------------------------------Kestros
    Blacksmith on Thelanis – Braalg
    -------------------------------Likely
    -------------------------------Janisis
    -------------------------------Arcath
    -------------------------------dirtsmith
    -------------------------------Muddchook
    -------------------------------Tairi
    Blacksmith on Sarlona – Rakehell
    -------------------------------Amossa
    -------------------------------Turtel
    Blacksmith on Khyber – Sanich
    -------------------------------Ninevrisei
    -------------------------------strangrdnger
    Blacksmith on Cannith – Barracao
    -------------------------------Azrielah
    -------------------------------Kurack
    -------------------------------Zealotry
    -------------------------------Zibok
    Blacksmith on Orien – Mordin
    -------------------------------Gorrick
    -------------------------------TitusOvid
    -------------------------------Obveril
    Wayfinder –------------------Dornun
    -------------------------------Weasle

2. The shop, to order simply mail the smith in-game with the item you want. Note that it's possible to get improved versions of items or items that are not on the list, just ask the blacksmith or read this thread for item ideas.

3. Volunteering.

This alliance is still looking for more members to share the burden of all the crafting. I can imagine that in the time I spent on the servers I didn't meet the people who are in the best position to do these things yet. If you can't craft but still want to help for the cause of new players please do send spare essence or collectables to the crafters. In particular we need Glittering dust and dark blades of the six the most.

4. Thank you - The least I can do if you donate is mention your name so you get at least a little credit for the effort.

Argonessen: Deuterium, Syphyr for donating shards, Greebus for donating 44 blades of the dark six, Elarinn for donating 792 blades of the dark six
    Ghalanda: Moomooprincess for sending in a featherfall shard, Grudgebear for sending over 1200 greater essences and 71 blades of the dark six, Chrysantheum for donating a whole bunch!

~The Smithy Alliance
    Last edited by AidanRyuko; 01-07-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Very nice!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

+1 you guys rock! My crafting skills for unbound are not high enough but hopefully some day! This should be bookmarked by new players!

Are you guys interested in suggestions for other low-level smith items? I was thinking a featherfall and detect secret doors item.

Is there any way that other can donate stuff to the smiths?
    The Thug: sustained DPS Int-based non-assassinating assassin
    The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club
    -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!

Community Member

You can add me to the list of crafters. My main is named "Likely" on Thelanis and I'd be happy to craft stuff for new players at no charge.

Cheers

Soon as I can I will donate any crafting resources I can I hate to craft myself but very happy to pass on any other help I can.

+1 as well

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

+1! Might I suggest adding Goggles of Secret Door Detection?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    +1! Might I suggest adding Goggles of Secret Door Detection?
    I'd be happy to do Goggles of Secret Door or Feather Fall Rings

You can mail donations to the smiths if you like! Essences, even ready-to-go shards if you wish! The higher shards like the Flamingburst and the Featherfall that are above lvl 100 crafting come to mind. The main essences needed for the items are going to be Body, Divine, Good, maybe some Evil (i think for the secret doors? or was it Mind...)

Not only does it rock getting some shiny's when you are playing a new game or have moved to a new server, but it will help make new players in PUGs that much more effective. It's amazing how much better a 1st life toon with an in-experienced player can be with an Armor of Invulnerability and wielding a Holy Greatsword of Bleed. Everybody wins!

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post

3. Volunteering.

This alliance is still looking for more members to share the burden of all the crafting. I can imagine that in the time I spent on the servers I didn't meet the people who are in the best position to do these things yet. If you can't craft but still want to help for the cause of new players please do send spare essence or collectables to the crafters. In particular we need Glittering dust and dark blades of the six the most.

~The Smithy Alliance
    Sign me up on Thelanis as well. Mail should be directed to Janisis. I do not need resources donated. Just glad to help get new blood into the game. Thank you for organizing!
    Official Wearer of Purple Proud Member of Renowned Not Afraid to PUG
    Main: Janisis - Completionist currently Shiradi Tank. Alts: Janarch: Someday Divine Archer, Byeshk: Someday Swashbuckle Thrower (or not - alt damage interrupts daze effects )
    Long Live Cult of the Dragon

I can help on Cannith and can craft everything on the list unbound and don't need donations at this time as I have more crafting supplies than i know what to do with, add me to the list if you wish
    In Game Mail: Azrielah or send me a tell if I'm online (mail is likely best way to get me to do something rather forgetful as of late)
    Azrielah Angelus Mortis (Tri-Completionist)
    ~Cannith~
    "I Will Never be a Memory"

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zachxr100 View Post
    I can help on Cannith and can craft everything on the list unbound and don't need donations at this time as I have more crafting supplies than i know what to do with, add me to the list if you wish
    In Game Mail: Azrielah or send me a tell if I'm online (mail is likely best way to get me to do something rather forgetful as of late)
    Sign me up for Khyber on my main, Ninevrisei. I can craft up to130 or so, so enough for those flexible featherfall shards.
    I also can't stop myself from grabbing all those treasure bags, so have LOTS of those dark blades of the six and similar.

Greetz,
    Red Orm.

Awesome response names added and the featherfalling + secret door detection as well.

Whoever is doing the crafting on Orien, give me a shout. Blades of the Dark Six are especially not an issue, and can probably donate a fair few essences (Couldn't be bothered with crafting once I'd hit 100)
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Add me to the list of Crafters on Ghallanda.

My Crafter is Cleanup ( don't play him much anymore, but i'll do my best to check his pm's once a day).
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Dragon star, is it a better idea if I add the name of your main? No need for it to be an extra burden and it's no problem to send items from another character. (If you like the idea, what name can I write down?) I'll wait a bit to see what you think

~aid

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    Dragon star, is it a better idea if I add the name of your main? No need for it to be an extra burden and it's no problem to send items from another character. (If you like the idea, what name can I write down?) I'll wait a bit to see what you think

~aid
    These days i'm mostly on Tinbucket, Artamax, Dragonbound or Draykon in that order (I kinda bounce around a bit )
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Should add Screaming of Everbright to the list too, oozes are a nightmare for new players especially since they show up a lot in low level content (e.g. Water Works).

Holy of Pure Good OR Holy of Lesser Undead Bane for a skelly beater too plus it works on those pesky Ghostly Skeletons in Delera's.

I can make all recipes up to lvl 100 or slightly above (at the time of writing I have 101 Arcane, 93 Divine and 93 Elemental), I am on Cannith so you can add me too if you like. I have tons of mats atm since I haven't been actively working on my crafting levels.

See my signature for the toons I play I am generally on either Horlath or Kurack most of the time (Kurack being my crafter toon).

Stoner81.

Love it! Thank you for doing this!

other useful items:

basic rogue skill items (open, spot, search, disable)

underwater action

Community Member

Talking

You can add me to the list of crafters for GLand. My main toon "Metrics" is my crafter (lvl145 on all), I'll be happy to craft stuff for new players at no charge if I have ingredients

Community Member

Arcath on Thelanis will craft also. No supplies needed.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast