Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 381
  1. #181
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bladedge View Post
    Command SLA for Exalted Angel is kind of weak especially for epics, maybe Greater Command instead.
    Yes a single target CC spell in and epic destiny sphere is weak sauce. Especially if it ended up being constrained by the current spell low level.

    Greater command would be much more appropiate for an epic destiny.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - Human Caster/Intim/Tank Druid (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XVI - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Enlightend Spirit Warlock Tank (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR VII - Primal, x2, Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x3)
    RueMeridian - Gnome Artificer (TR I - Arti x1 - EtR II - Primal x1, Div x1)


  2. #182
    Community Member bennyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In an outer plane
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starla70 View Post
    Dungeons and Dragons used to be about learning to work as a team and beat the odds. Now it is about who can kill what fastest. That is not really how I want to play. I know of many who have stopped playing because of this fact. I will stay, however, I am hoping for something that will give a cleric back some of it's original play goals.
    What Turbine could do is either nerf or completely replace/remove Cocoon, that ability is what causes Divines to be looked down upon anyway.

  3. #183
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default My feedback on this

    Hey Devs if you listening ,hear me out , I i have a couple comment/ suggestions : if you could make healing power in the exalted angel tree also apply to negative energy as well? or make some way in the EDs to improve negative spellpower . I am playing the divine emissary of darkness tree for the cleric , I have never met anyone else that plays this build but you put it in the game so apparently you intended for someone to use it . I really like it , Im glad you added it to the game , It might just be a pipe dream but i would be very interesting to me if there was a way to receive healing from negative energy besides taking wizard lvls and also i think a chance to do random ability dmg with the negative SLAs could be really fun . I actaully much prefer the cleric negative SLAs compared to the wizard's necro SLAs , except necobolt, i dont use that one because you cant max/empower/quicken it . As far as the crusader goes , i dont have all that much to say about it because i dont play a meleee cleric or FVS but i have considered doing a dwarven con based pally2/fvs18 for fun and for another PL feat Anyway , hope you find the feedback useful

  4. #184

    Default What happened to Extraordinary Virtue!?

    Dear DDO Team,

    I would like to humbly request that you return the healing amplification + positive spell power option to the Divine Crusader epic destiny.

    Previously, there was a tier 3 option named Extraordinary Virtue which appears to have gone missing from your rough drafts. My sincerest apologies if I am mistaken and either the mentioned option or an alternate way to gain the amp and spell power have been added.

    As a player who particularly enjoys divine melee types, I would very much like to see the balance of at least healing amplification returned as it appears, it is the only divine tree without any. In fact, as a melee epic destiny I believe it indeed needs it the most of the 3 divine sphere epic destinies.

    Make no mistake, I don't particularly care what tier it is, but I hope you find it in your hearts to return it in some form. Otherwise, thank you for the opportunity to realize a build I've been dreaming about playing for the past 2 and half years.

  5. #185
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Still reading along, taking notes, trying take the various and sundry suggestions and turn them into a set of changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simonhook View Post
    Most of the new changes to Unyielding Sentinel I can live with, but one should be changed.

    -Commanding Presence: +50/100/150% Threat Generation (melee, ranged, magic)

    This should not be allowed for ranged and magic. They do enough damage, that makes melees having to chase.
    This only applies to characters who choose to take this enhancement. If someone wants to attempt being a magic tank, we're happy for them to try.

    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Why the removal of extrodinary virtue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Arcanis View Post
    I would like to humbly request that you return the healing amplification + positive spell power option to the Divine Crusader epic destiny.
    It's an innate ability now, on the bottom of the diagram.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 03-10-2014 at 06:05 PM.

  6. #186

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by vargouille View Post
    still reading along, taking notes, trying take the various and sundry suggestions and turn them into a set of changes.



    This only applies to characters who choose to take this enhancement. If someone wants to attempt being a magic tank, we're happy for them to try.




    It's an innate ability now, on the bottom of the diagram.

    Last edited by Magnus_Arcanis; 03-10-2014 at 06:44 PM.

  7. #187
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    225

    Default Divine Crusader summery and recommendations

    I have tried to put together a comprehensive list of what Divine Crusader would currently look like based on communication from the devs posts and posts of how the first implementation worked. This is simply a consolidation of information from the wiki and forums and therefore may not be correct. I have also added in a few recommended changes from myself and others – they should be clearly marked as recommendations. It is extremely difficult to compare destinies given all the variables; however, I think that these few changes coupled with the addition of an epic moment would make this a competitive melee destiny without trying to replace the existing melee destines. The devs did a great job with the starting point of this thread in making Divine Crusader unique and able to support different melee play styles. Lets give them a hand in polishing it up and making it work.

    Divine Crusader

    Innate abilities

    Divine Crusader:
    Passive Bonus: You gain Cleric, Favored Soul, and Paladin Caster Levels equal in your level in Divine Crusader.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp, and your Base Attack Bonus is equal to your total Character Level

    Aura of Purification:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown 3 seconds) Toggle: Every 3 Seconds While Active: Nearby enemies gain a stack of Purification. Purification: -1 Attack Damage, -2 Spell Power, stacks up to 25 times.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Extrodiary Virtue:
    Passive Bonus: +10% Healing Amplification. +10 Positive Spell Power
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    No Remorse:
    Whenever an enemy who was recently affected by your Aura of Purification is slain, nearby allies are healed for Positive Energy equal to the level of the slain enemy.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Sword of Justice:
    Passive Bonus: +6 bonus to damage with all attacks.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Wrath of the Righteous:
    Activate: Gain 100 stacks of Wrath. Wrath: +1 Spell Power, +1% Damage with all attacks. Wrath decays by 1 stack every 3 seconds. Long cooldown.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Wrath of the Righteous: (recommend change to)
    Activate: Gain 100 stacks of Wrath. Wrath: +1 Spell Power, +1% Damage with all attacks. Wrath decays by 1 stack every 3 seconds. Whenever an enemy who has a stack of Purification is slain, you gain one stack of Wrath. 5 Minute cooldown (Thoughts: need a way to charge Wrath)
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.





    Tier One

    Bane of Undeath:
    Passive Bonus: You gain the Turn Undead feat.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Endless Turning:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Turn Undead per rest. Turn Undead uses regenerate every 2 minutes, or [10/20/30]% faster if it already regenerates.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, Requires: Bane of Undeath or Turn Undead: Cleric or Turn Undead: Paladin

    Interrogation:
    Passive Bonus: +5 Universal Spell Power and +1% Spell Critical Chance. Your offensive spells cause enemies to gain a stack of Purification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Purge the Wicked:
    Passive Bonus: +2 bonus to Confirm Critical Hits and Critical Hit Damage. Your Critical Hits with weapons also cause enemies to gain a stack of Purification
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements


    Tier Two

    Confront Any Foe:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown 7 seconds) Melee Attack: Expend one Turn Undead: Deals 10d10 extra Light Damage on a successful hit.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires one of: Bane of Undeath, Turn Undead: Cleric, or Turn Undead: Paladin

    Confront Undead: (Recommend Drop Confront Any Foe and replace with)
    Active Ability: Expend one Turn Undead: For the next 60 seconds your weapons gain +1[W] and Improved Disruption. (Thoughts: Confront Any Foe is not very useful, this keeps with the idea that Turns are for dealing with undead and gives a useful use of turns)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires one of: Bane of Undeath, Turn Undead: Cleric, or Turn Undead: Paladin

    Consecration:
    Active Ability: The ground you are standing on is consecrated. Evil creatures standing on consecrated ground are burned every 3 seconds, gaining a stack of purification and taking 1d6 for each level you have. Half damage is fire, half is good-alligned. Both are affected by fire spell power. Cooldown: [25/20/15] seconds) Activation Cost: [50/40/30] Spell Points.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Flames of Purity:
    Passive Bonus: +[10/20/30] Fire spellpower.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Smite the Wicked:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown 15 seconds, 10sp) Melee smite. Gain twice your charisma bonus to your attack roll and damage bonus of (level x3) +7 against evil opponents. On hit 50 light damage against undead and evil outsiders. On Natural 20 and confirmed crit, destroy undead or evil outsiders under 1000HP.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements



    Tier Three

    Stand and Be Judged:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown [24/18/12] seconds) Activation Cost: [15/10/5] Spell Points. A targeted foe must make a Will saving throw or be stunned for 30 seconds. (DC: 30+Wisdom Modifier) NOTE: “Stand and Be Judged: Now lasts 30 seconds. Increased cost and cooldown” - cost and cooldown unknown
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Stand and Be Judged: (recommend change to)
    Active Ability: (Cooldown [60/40/20] seconds) Activation Cost: [30/20/10] Spell Points. A targeted foe must make a Will saving throw or be stunned for 30 seconds. (DC: 30+Wisdom or Charisma Modifier)
    (Thoughts: Paladin and Favored Soul may benefit more from Charisma than Wisdom)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Sacred Ground:
    Passive Bonus: While standing on consecrated ground you and your allies are healed every 3 seconds for 1 point of positive energy per character level. This is affected by your positive spell power.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires: Consecration 1

    Empyrean Magic:
    Passive Bonus: Whenever you cast a fire, light, or healing Spell you gain a stack of Empyrean Fervor. Each stack of Empyrean Fervor gives you +2 Sacred bonus to Universal Spell power, +1% Sacred Bonus to Critical Chance with all spells. Stacks up to 10. Lasts 10 seconds.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Blessed Blades:
    Passive Bonus: Any weapon you wield or unarmed attacks are treated as having your alignment for damage reduction bypass purpose. (Has no effect if True Neutral alignment)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements



    Tier Four

    No Regret:
    Whenever an enemy, who was recently affected by your Aura of Purification is slain, other nearby enemies gain 1 to 4 stacks of Purification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Crusade:
    While standing on consecrated ground, you and your allies gain a 10% Sacred bonus to the damage of your attacks. (Thoughts: shouldn’t “your attacks” be simply “attacks”?)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires: Sacred Ground 1

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements


    Tier Five

    Castigation:
    Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their health for each stack of Purification they have. Bosses instead take 1d6 Bane damage per stack of Purification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Castigation: (recommend change to)
    Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their health for each stack of Purification they have. Bosses instead take 1% of their current health. Very Powerful bosses may take less damage. (Thoughts: % health damage is a unique idea that really makes the Crusader different – would like to see it work on bosses as well. By only doing 1% and not 1% per stack the damage is more reasonable for bosses. For example a 40,000 hit point boss would take 400 damage per tick whereas a 15,000 hit point boss would take 150. As written the boss damage caps out at about 87 per tick which will not really contribute much to a high hit point boss.)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Heavenly Presence:
    Passive Bonus: Grants you +10 Physical Resistance Rating and 10% Acid, cold and electricity absorption. In addition, you are immune to petrification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Heavenly Presence: (recommend change to)
    Passive Bonus: Grants you +10 Physical Resistance Rating and 10% Fire, Acid, cold and electricity absorption. In addition, you are immune to petrification. (Thoughts: This destiny is all about Fire – see no reason to exclude it from Heavenly Presence)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Celestial Champion:
    +1 Critical Threat Range with all attacks. When you critically hit with an attack, you gain a stack of Celestial Fervor. A stack of Celestial Fervor grants you +1 Sacred bonus to doublestrike chance. Stacks up to 10 times, with a duration of 6 seconds.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Celestial Champion: (recommend change to)
    +1 Critical Threat Range with all attacks. When you critically hit with an attack, you gain a stack of Celestial Fervor. A stack of Celestial Fervor grants you +1 Untyped bonus to doublestrike chance. Stacks up to 10 times, with a duration of 10 seconds. (Thoughts: Making the doublestrike a Sacred bonus overlaps with one of a Paladins few damage boosting abilities. Increasing the time a bit will allow single weapon users a better chance to gain and maintain full stacks)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements


    Tier Six

    Celestial Bombardment:
    Active Ability: Divine wrath falls from the heavens to smite your foes. This spell calls down three stars at your target, dealing a total of 3-18 fire damage per character level, split into three hits. This damage is affected by fire spell power and may critically hit. In addition, enemies must succeed at three consecutive Reflex saving throws versus a DC of 20+Wisdom mod+Evocation spell DC modifier or be knocked prone. Activation cost is [100/75/50] Spell points and has a cooldown of [60/45/30] seconds.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Celestial Bombardment: (recommend change to)
    Active Ability: Divine wrath falls from the heavens to smite your foes. This spell calls down three stars at your target, dealing a total of 3-18 fire damage per character level, split into three hits. This damage is affected by fire spell power and may critically hit. In addition, enemies must succeed at three consecutive Reflex saving throws versus a DC of 20+Wisdom or Charisma mod+Evocation spell DC modifier or be knocked prone. Activation cost is 50 Spell points and has a cooldown of 30 seconds. (Thoughts: Paladin and Favored Soul may benefit more from Charisma than Wisdom, need to set EDP costs so that there is a choice to make – requiring 3 EDP does not allow any other 2 EDP selection)
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strike down:
    Strike Down now cleaves multiple opponents. It retains the +3[w] bonus damage, and the vorpal effect on undead and evil outsiders, and now deals 500 fire damage on hit. The cooldown has been increased and the spell point cost lowered. (No longer requires counters it previously used in Exalted Angel.)
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strike down: (recommend change to)
    360deg cleave attack with +3[w] bonus damage. Every creature struck suffers 500 fire damage, undead and evil outsiders are additionally subject to an improved vorpal effect. (Cooldown 30 seconds, 10sp)
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Epic Moment - None

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Epic Moment: Weapons of the Gods – (Suggestion)
    Weapons of the Gods: Your god infuses your weapons with great power and speed. Your main hand weapon now grants you the power of a god and illuminates the are around you. Your weapons have deadly enhancements and move with godly speed to strike your enemies, defeat their attacks, and conceal your movements. While you wield the weapons of the gods, the ground you stand on is consecrated, stacks of Wrath decay at 2 per second and Vorpal strikes with the main hand add 2 stacks in addition to stacks added by Wrath of the Righteous. Requires at least 50 stacks of wrath to toggle on, can be toggled off at any time, toggles off automatically and disables Consecration if wrath stacks reach 0. (Cooldown 5 minutes)

    detail:
    power of a god = +4 moral bonus to all stats, abilities, and saves
    deadly enhancements = Holy Strike, Improved Vorpal, Improved Disruption
    godly speed = +50% double strike, +50% offhand strike, +50% chance to shield bash, +20% haste
    defeat their attacks = gain 25prr and 25AC
    conceal your movements = Displaced

  8. #188
    Community Member bennyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In an outer plane
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Wongar, you do know that the word God means a male deity right?

    Just sayin....

  9. #189
    Community Member Shincula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Oh, you mean being an undead killer, the original reason the Cleric class was created way back in the 70s? Yes, some kind of Epic Destiny stuff that builds off of Turn Undead to actually make it useful in Epic would have been a nice addition.

    With 3 Cleric past lives, all the Turn-boosting gear, high Charisma, and some (but not quite maximum) Turn-boosting enhancements, I still can't Turn a single Undead in the lowest level (level 20) Epic Elite quests. What chance does a first-lifer have? None! Broken!
    With all of the above and maximum turn-boosting enhancements (including Sun Elf), I can usually manage a single undead in the lowest level EE content. But yeah, it's pretty awful; I really expected Improved Turning to get a revamp with the general feat revision a couple updates ago.

    I really would like to see something that adds epic levels to effective cleric level for turn undead, or just a straight up boost of 8-10. Seems like a better fit for Unyielding's current direction than Smite Evil and associated abilities.
    Cannith

    Gothiscandza
    Shyalas - Granma - Ralix - Chyalas

  10. #190
    Community Member Shincula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Yes a single target CC spell in and epic destiny sphere is weak sauce. Especially if it ended up being constrained by the current spell low level.

    Greater command would be much more appropiate for an epic destiny.
    Personally, I think Sound Burst would be more thematic. It's from a school that Divine casters generally specialize in (Evocation), it's an AoE burst, and as of last update, it renders enemies temporarily helpless. All in all, that's a pretty solid package.
    Cannith

    Gothiscandza
    Shyalas - Granma - Ralix - Chyalas

  11. #191
    Community Member Kalevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    432

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Wongar View Post
    I have tried to put together a comprehensive list of what Divine Crusader would currently look like based on communication from the devs posts and posts of how the first implementation worked. This is simply a consolidation of information from the wiki and forums and therefore may not be correct. I have also added in a few recommended changes from myself and others – they should be clearly marked as recommendations. It is extremely difficult to compare destinies given all the variables; however, I think that these few changes coupled with the addition of an epic moment would make this a competitive melee destiny without trying to replace the existing melee destines. The devs did a great job with the starting point of this thread in making Divine Crusader unique and able to support different melee play styles. Lets give them a hand in polishing it up and making it work.

    Divine Crusader

    Innate abilities

    Divine Crusader:
    Passive Bonus: You gain Cleric, Favored Soul, and Paladin Caster Levels equal in your level in Divine Crusader.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp, and your Base Attack Bonus is equal to your total Character Level

    Aura of Purification:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown 3 seconds) Toggle: Every 3 Seconds While Active: Nearby enemies gain a stack of Purification. Purification: -1 Attack Damage, -2 Spell Power, stacks up to 25 times.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Extrodiary Virtue:
    Passive Bonus: +10% Healing Amplification. +10 Positive Spell Power
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    No Remorse:
    Whenever an enemy who was recently affected by your Aura of Purification is slain, nearby allies are healed for Positive Energy equal to the level of the slain enemy.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Sword of Justice:
    Passive Bonus: +6 bonus to damage with all attacks.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Wrath of the Righteous:
    Activate: Gain 100 stacks of Wrath. Wrath: +1 Spell Power, +1% Damage with all attacks. Wrath decays by 1 stack every 3 seconds. Long cooldown.
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.

    Wrath of the Righteous: (recommend change to)
    Activate: Gain 100 stacks of Wrath. Wrath: +1 Spell Power, +1% Damage with all attacks. Wrath decays by 1 stack every 3 seconds. Whenever an enemy who has a stack of Purification is slain, you gain one stack of Wrath. 5 Minute cooldown (Thoughts: need a way to charge Wrath)
    Passive: +25 sp, +10 hp.





    Tier One

    Bane of Undeath:
    Passive Bonus: You gain the Turn Undead feat.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Endless Turning:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Turn Undead per rest. Turn Undead uses regenerate every 2 minutes, or [10/20/30]% faster if it already regenerates.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, Requires: Bane of Undeath or Turn Undead: Cleric or Turn Undead: Paladin

    Interrogation:
    Passive Bonus: +5 Universal Spell Power and +1% Spell Critical Chance. Your offensive spells cause enemies to gain a stack of Purification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Purge the Wicked:
    Passive Bonus: +2 bonus to Confirm Critical Hits and Critical Hit Damage. Your Critical Hits with weapons also cause enemies to gain a stack of Purification
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements


    Tier Two

    Confront Any Foe:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown 7 seconds) Melee Attack: Expend one Turn Undead: Deals 10d10 extra Light Damage on a successful hit.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires one of: Bane of Undeath, Turn Undead: Cleric, or Turn Undead: Paladin

    Confront Undead: (Recommend Drop Confront Any Foe and replace with)
    Active Ability: Expend one Turn Undead: For the next 60 seconds your weapons gain +1[W] and Improved Disruption. (Thoughts: Confront Any Foe is not very useful, this keeps with the idea that Turns are for dealing with undead and gives a useful use of turns)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires one of: Bane of Undeath, Turn Undead: Cleric, or Turn Undead: Paladin

    Consecration:
    Active Ability: The ground you are standing on is consecrated. Evil creatures standing on consecrated ground are burned every 3 seconds, gaining a stack of purification and taking 1d6 for each level you have. Half damage is fire, half is good-alligned. Both are affected by fire spell power. Cooldown: [25/20/15] seconds) Activation Cost: [50/40/30] Spell Points.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Flames of Purity:
    Passive Bonus: +[10/20/30] Fire spellpower.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Smite the Wicked:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown 15 seconds, 10sp) Melee smite. Gain twice your charisma bonus to your attack roll and damage bonus of (level x3) +7 against evil opponents. On hit 50 light damage against undead and evil outsiders. On Natural 20 and confirmed crit, destroy undead or evil outsiders under 1000HP.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements



    Tier Three

    Stand and Be Judged:
    Active Ability: (Cooldown [24/18/12] seconds) Activation Cost: [15/10/5] Spell Points. A targeted foe must make a Will saving throw or be stunned for 30 seconds. (DC: 30+Wisdom Modifier) NOTE: “Stand and Be Judged: Now lasts 30 seconds. Increased cost and cooldown” - cost and cooldown unknown
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Stand and Be Judged: (recommend change to)
    Active Ability: (Cooldown [60/40/20] seconds) Activation Cost: [30/20/10] Spell Points. A targeted foe must make a Will saving throw or be stunned for 30 seconds. (DC: 30+Wisdom or Charisma Modifier)
    (Thoughts: Paladin and Favored Soul may benefit more from Charisma than Wisdom)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Sacred Ground:
    Passive Bonus: While standing on consecrated ground you and your allies are healed every 3 seconds for 1 point of positive energy per character level. This is affected by your positive spell power.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires: Consecration 1

    Empyrean Magic:
    Passive Bonus: Whenever you cast a fire, light, or healing Spell you gain a stack of Empyrean Fervor. Each stack of Empyrean Fervor gives you +2 Sacred bonus to Universal Spell power, +1% Sacred Bonus to Critical Chance with all spells. Stacks up to 10. Lasts 10 seconds.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Blessed Blades:
    Passive Bonus: Any weapon you wield or unarmed attacks are treated as having your alignment for damage reduction bypass purpose. (Has no effect if True Neutral alignment)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements



    Tier Four

    No Regret:
    Whenever an enemy, who was recently affected by your Aura of Purification is slain, other nearby enemies gain 1 to 4 stacks of Purification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Crusade:
    While standing on consecrated ground, you and your allies gain a 10% Sacred bonus to the damage of your attacks. (Thoughts: shouldn’t “your attacks” be simply “attacks”?)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, Requires: Sacred Ground 1

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements


    Tier Five

    Castigation:
    Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their health for each stack of Purification they have. Bosses instead take 1d6 Bane damage per stack of Purification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Castigation: (recommend change to)
    Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their health for each stack of Purification they have. Bosses instead take 1% of their current health. Very Powerful bosses may take less damage. (Thoughts: % health damage is a unique idea that really makes the Crusader different – would like to see it work on bosses as well. By only doing 1% and not 1% per stack the damage is more reasonable for bosses. For example a 40,000 hit point boss would take 400 damage per tick whereas a 15,000 hit point boss would take 150. As written the boss damage caps out at about 87 per tick which will not really contribute much to a high hit point boss.)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Heavenly Presence:
    Passive Bonus: Grants you +10 Physical Resistance Rating and 10% Acid, cold and electricity absorption. In addition, you are immune to petrification.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Heavenly Presence: (recommend change to)
    Passive Bonus: Grants you +10 Physical Resistance Rating and 10% Fire, Acid, cold and electricity absorption. In addition, you are immune to petrification. (Thoughts: This destiny is all about Fire – see no reason to exclude it from Heavenly Presence)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Celestial Champion:
    +1 Critical Threat Range with all attacks. When you critically hit with an attack, you gain a stack of Celestial Fervor. A stack of Celestial Fervor grants you +1 Sacred bonus to doublestrike chance. Stacks up to 10 times, with a duration of 6 seconds.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Celestial Champion: (recommend change to)
    +1 Critical Threat Range with all attacks. When you critically hit with an attack, you gain a stack of Celestial Fervor. A stack of Celestial Fervor grants you +1 Untyped bonus to doublestrike chance. Stacks up to 10 times, with a duration of 10 seconds. (Thoughts: Making the doublestrike a Sacred bonus overlaps with one of a Paladins few damage boosting abilities. Increasing the time a bit will allow single weapon users a better chance to gain and maintain full stacks)
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements


    Tier Six

    Celestial Bombardment:
    Active Ability: Divine wrath falls from the heavens to smite your foes. This spell calls down three stars at your target, dealing a total of 3-18 fire damage per character level, split into three hits. This damage is affected by fire spell power and may critically hit. In addition, enemies must succeed at three consecutive Reflex saving throws versus a DC of 20+Wisdom mod+Evocation spell DC modifier or be knocked prone. Activation cost is [100/75/50] Spell points and has a cooldown of [60/45/30] seconds.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    Celestial Bombardment: (recommend change to)
    Active Ability: Divine wrath falls from the heavens to smite your foes. This spell calls down three stars at your target, dealing a total of 3-18 fire damage per character level, split into three hits. This damage is affected by fire spell power and may critically hit. In addition, enemies must succeed at three consecutive Reflex saving throws versus a DC of 20+Wisdom or Charisma mod+Evocation spell DC modifier or be knocked prone. Activation cost is 50 Spell points and has a cooldown of 30 seconds. (Thoughts: Paladin and Favored Soul may benefit more from Charisma than Wisdom, need to set EDP costs so that there is a choice to make – requiring 3 EDP does not allow any other 2 EDP selection)
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strike down:
    Strike Down now cleaves multiple opponents. It retains the +3[w] bonus damage, and the vorpal effect on undead and evil outsiders, and now deals 500 fire damage on hit. The cooldown has been increased and the spell point cost lowered. (No longer requires counters it previously used in Exalted Angel.)
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Strike down: (recommend change to)
    360deg cleave attack with +3[w] bonus damage. Every creature struck suffers 500 fire damage, undead and evil outsiders are additionally subject to an improved vorpal effect. (Cooldown 30 seconds, 10sp)
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Epic Moment - None

    Strength/Wisdom/Charisma:
    Passive Bonus: +1 Strength/Wisdom/Charisma.
    EDP Cost: 2, Ranks: 1, No requirements

    Epic Moment: Weapons of the Gods – (Suggestion)
    Weapons of the Gods: Your god infuses your weapons with great power and speed. Your main hand weapon now grants you the power of a god and illuminates the are around you. Your weapons have deadly enhancements and move with godly speed to strike your enemies, defeat their attacks, and conceal your movements. While you wield the weapons of the gods, the ground you stand on is consecrated, stacks of Wrath decay at 2 per second and Vorpal strikes with the main hand add 2 stacks in addition to stacks added by Wrath of the Righteous. Requires at least 50 stacks of wrath to toggle on, can be toggled off at any time, toggles off automatically and disables Consecration if wrath stacks reach 0. (Cooldown 5 minutes)

    detail:
    power of a god = +4 moral bonus to all stats, abilities, and saves
    deadly enhancements = Holy Strike, Improved Vorpal, Improved Disruption
    godly speed = +50% double strike, +50% offhand strike, +50% chance to shield bash, +20% haste
    defeat their attacks = gain 25prr and 25AC
    conceal your movements = Displaced

    I like all the suggestion, and the epic moment is cool too.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

  12. #192
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Celestial Bombardment:
    Active Ability: Divine wrath falls from the heavens to smite your foes. This spell calls down three stars at your target, dealing a total of 3-18 fire damage per character level, split into three hits. This damage is affected by fire spell power and may critically hit. In addition, enemies must succeed at three consecutive Reflex saving throws versus a DC of 20+Wisdom mod+Evocation spell DC modifier or be knocked prone. Activation cost is [100/75/50] Spell points and has a cooldown of [60/45/30] seconds.
    EDP Cost: 1, Ranks: 3, No requirements

    I still think that this should be moved to Exalted Angel T5

  13. #193
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    225

    Default Base Attack Bonus is equal to your total Character Level

    As I understand it, Divine Crusader is the only way to get full BAB as it is not currently increased in Epic levels. So what does it really give you?

    Do you get extra attacks in the attack sequence?
    Does attack speed increase at level 25 and 30?
    Does it just affect attack rolls?

  14. #194
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wongar View Post
    As I understand it, Divine Crusader is the only way to get full BAB as it is not currently increased in Epic levels. So what does it really give you?

    Do you get extra attacks in the attack sequence?
    Does attack speed increase at level 25 and 30?
    Does it just affect attack rolls?
    I'm not sure that the math hasn't changed after level 20 but in general every 5 points of BAB is comes with an attack speed increase ~2% IIRC.

  15. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wongar View Post
    As I understand it, Divine Crusader is the only way to get full BAB as it is not currently increased in Epic levels.
    I imagine scrolling tenser's transformation would do it as well.

  16. #196
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I imagine scrolling tenser's transformation would do it as well.
    Was going off this quote from the original thread in regard to this ability:

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    No class gets full BAB into Epic Levels. This is a bonus for any level 28 character who doesn't have another source of full BAB. For example, being a level 20 Paladin or Fighter doesn't automatically do that.
    Questions I was trying to answer was how much does having full BAB help and how much would this ability contribute to the destiny?

    Tensors scroll is short term, requires high UMD, and has other benefits/penalties. The spell "Divine Power" and the Warpriest enhancement "Divine Power" both give base attack bonus equal to a fighter of the same level. Short of going Tier 5 Eldritch Knight for Tensors I don't know of any way to get full BAB always on (not likely for most Divine builds)

  17. #197
    Community Member superdupe6934's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I'm curious as to why things like purified and anointed weapon don't go into DC along with Endless Smiting. As the melee class for divines, shouldn't it have the things that make paladin attacks stronger (lots of good damage and fast recharge on smiting)? Also instead of a blitz copy epic moment that gets weaker as you go, why not make a boost to smite evil to make it comparable to adrenaline, granting a stacking boost to things like exalted smite to really make that swing hurt? If this is going to be the melee tree, let it have the damaging power from Sentinel and find ways to replace those items with more tank-y, healer based options instead?

  18. #198
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superdupe6934 View Post
    I'm curious as to why things like purified and anointed weapon don't go into DC along with Endless Smiting. As the melee class for divines, shouldn't it have the things that make paladin attacks stronger (lots of good damage and fast recharge on smiting)? Also instead of a blitz copy epic moment that gets weaker as you go, why not make a boost to smite evil to make it comparable to adrenaline, granting a stacking boost to things like exalted smite to really make that swing hurt? If this is going to be the melee tree, let it have the damaging power from Sentinel and find ways to replace those items with more tank-y, healer based options instead?
    You need to be doing damage in order to keep agro.
    US must have some DPS increasing options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  19. #199
    Community Member superdupe6934's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    You need to be doing damage in order to keep agro.
    US must have some DPS increasing options.
    Still, it seems like endless smiting belongs most in the tree that is expected to be a heavy hitting class, since SE is the bread and butter of the Paladin to deal efficient, lethal damage. Melee DPS is supposed to be the point of having a Paladin vs the casting EA and the defensive, buff oriented Cleric (and yes I am aware that they can be played differently, however Paladins from their inception have been designed as a damage dealing class). Could we maybe consider a light based option for extra damage on weapons similar to the Templar's Retribution? For that matter, why not have Strike Down deal light in place of fire, as almost no enemies are capable of resisting it, making it a far more useful ability?

  20. #200
    Community Member bennyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In an outer plane
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superdupe6934 View Post
    Still, it seems like endless smiting belongs most in the tree that is expected to be a heavy hitting class, since SE is the bread and butter of the Paladin to deal efficient, lethal damage. Melee DPS is supposed to be the point of having a Paladin vs the casting EA and the defensive, buff oriented Cleric (and yes I am aware that they can be played differently, however Paladins from their inception have been designed as a damage dealing class). Could we maybe consider a light based option for extra damage on weapons similar to the Templar's Retribution? For that matter, why not have Strike Down deal light in place of fire, as almost no enemies are capable of resisting it, making it a far more useful ability?
    Destines are not classes, if they were then explain why you can have a Barbarian Magister (worse combination of all)

    Also, Divine Crusader is technically based on Cleric Warpriests, that's why the smiting line in US wasn't moved there and for good reason. Also, DC is like Fire themed, having one ability deal a different type of damage wouldn't match the theme of DC at all.

    Tanks need high threat generation with good enough attacks and high Intim. Your asking for the removal of the few remaining sources of damage in US to help tanks with their aggro holding skills. It is a very, very bad idea of what your asking.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload