Default Considering a 12 FvS/6 Cleric/2? build, any suggestions?

I've been reading the FvS forums a lot lately and I'm now looking at things in a different light (no pun intended). I've come across some amazing threads, Ghostriker's, Nova Soul, etc... and really want to convert my main into a FvS.

My secondary character in a 28 FvS Morninglord Exhalted Angel which I find myself playing more and more these days.

I would love for the build to be able to solo EE, my current FvS Morninglord can and does. I'm considering 12 FvS (Heal, AoV), 6 Cleric (DD - SUNBOLT!!!) and either 2 Monk (Evasion, 2 Feats) or Paladin (Saves).

I'm leaning towards 2 Paladin for saves, I figure without the saves Evasion isn't going to be that useful, also this will allow heavier armor which translates to more PR. Now I know from reading the forums that most would suggest going 16 FvS, 2 Monk, 2 Paladin but I have fallen in love with Sun Bolt and am trying to work that in. Also what race to consider, I'm leaning towards Morninglord (again, Rejuvenation of Dawn x2, +100 SP, +30 Light, Feywild Tap, almost 1K bonus SP, Sunburst) but am also considering Human (feat) or Bladeforged (+100% Fort, +2 Con, Fearsome Presence, Power of the Forge (+30 AB to USP))

Is anyone out there running a version of this build? Any thought and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Zer0AcmE; 03-05-2014 at 03:39 PM.

2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0AcmE View Post
    I've been reading the FvS forums a lot lately and I'm now looking at things in a different light (no pun intended). I've come across some amazing threads, Ghostriker's, Nova Soul, etc... and really want to convert my main into a FvS.

My secondary character in a 28 FvS Morninglord Exhalted Angel which I find myself playing more and more these days.

I would love for the build to be able to solo EE, my current FvS Morninglord can and does. I'm considering 14 FvS (Heal, AoV), 6 Cleric (DD - SUNBOLT!!!) and either 2 Monk (Evasion, 2 Feats) or Paladin (Saves).

I'm leaning towards 2 Paladin for saves, I figure without the saves Evasion isn't going to be that useful, also this will allow heavier armor which translates to more PR. Now I know from reading the forums that most would suggest going 16 FvS, 2 Monk, 2 Paladin but I have fallen in love with Sun Bolt and am trying to work that in. Also what race to consider, I'm leaning towards Morninglord (again, Rejuvenation of Dawn x2, +100 SP, +30 Light, Feywild Tap, almost 1K bonus SP, Sunburst) but am also considering Human (feat) or Bladeforged (+100% Fort, +2 Con, Fearsome Presence, Power of the Forge (+30 AB to USP))

Is anyone out there running a version of this build? Any thought and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    14, 6 and 2 is more than 20 so unless you know a secret trick that will be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    14, 6 and 2 is more than 20 so unless you know a secret trick that will be an issue.
    I appreciate the catch, what I meant was 14, 4, 2.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I would love for the build to be able to solo EE, my current FvS Morninglord can and does. I'm considering 14 FvS (Heal, AoV), 4 Cleric (DD - SUNBOLT!!!) and either 2 Monk (Evasion, 2 Feats) or Paladin (Saves).
    Sunbolt is cleric lvl 6, not 4. The other problem is your DiDi abilities scale w/cleric lvls, which makes them pretty weaksauce with this split.

Have you considered reversing your divine split? I.e., cleric 14-16 / FvS 2-4 / pally 2. You give up a lot of SPs, but gain Sunbolt, Sunbeam, and all of the DiDi SLAs; plus you have an easier time making out the CLs on your DiDi abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Sunbolt is cleric lvl 6, not 4. The other problem is your DiDi abilities scale w/cleric lvls, which makes them pretty weaksauce with this split.

Have you considered reversing your divine split? I.e., cleric 14-16 / FvS 2-4 / pally 2. You give up a lot of SPs, but gain Sunbolt, Sunbeam, and all of the DiDi SLAs; plus you have an easier time making out the CLs on your DiDi abilities.
    Yeah, just caught that, it's 12/6/2.

And yes I did, however I would prefer to keep Archon from the AoV line which requires level 12 FvS.
    Last edited by Zer0AcmE; 03-05-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

In that case, have you considered playing a PDK or sun elf pure FvS to get the Sunbolt SLA from AoV?

Community Member

Evasion doesnt work with heavy armor. Or medium for that matter...
    Heroes and Marauders || Static Group Thursdays 8-10 ET & Sundays 7-10 ET || Clyyde (wizard/rogue), Meensc (arcane archer), Nynaave (swashbuckler), Greantun (short monk)
    Former heroes or marauders that we will remember fondly:
    Tagez - famous for running off in the wrong direction but always ending up with one of us unwittingly following him.
    Argonnessen: Totalle (16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue swashbuckler), Catteras (20 Warlock), Paularubia (18 paladin, 2 fighter sword and board brawler)

I i would skip the sunbolt from cleric, as it has a reflex save based on wis and cleric spellbook/heighten, so you wont have a high dc on it (im not sure about it tho). Exalted angel ED has sunbolt itself, or you can go pure fvs iconic and get it too.
    About monk vs paladin, i would go paladin, i prefer to save spell dmg for half (and not getting hit by desintegrates, etc.), than evading it half the time and taking 100% dmg the rest of the time.
    And archon is almost a must have, is very nice charging up scourge, just reward and adding a quite few dmg. Favored soul base lvls also add more sp than cleric.

So,starting with 12 fvs/2paladin platform, the rest come up to you, what do you think about 16 fvs /2 pala/2 cleric? You gain some cure mass spells and mas dward for raids. The 2 cleric plash adds +4% light crit and some spellpower, (forget about the SLA, they arent good on epic levels).
    Also consider going Cha-based for this build. Exalted angel Sla's come with a wis or cha save, and it boosts your saves and spellpoints too!
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence