Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Terrible DDO Weekend

So how many others got hit by "larger widespread Internet issues" this past weekend?

This issue: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ry-28th/page11 continued off and on for me from Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning. And despite multiple postings on the forums after Thursday there has been no response from Turbine on Facebook or the Forums after Cordovan's post in the thread above.

I mostly experienced in-game lag so bad it was unplayable. My chat messages took up to 10 minutes to appear, moving something from bag to inventory or bank to inventory took 5 minutes, at times I couldn't move for up to 15 minutes. Only once or twice did I have issues actually logging in.

Oddly enough, I could stream movies from Amazon prime without a problem, I could watch youtube with no issues, my email and general browsing were unaffected, etc. My tested download speeds were 16MB+.

Not sour grapes, just wondering if anyone else had issues with their Internet on anything other than DDO/LOTRO?
    Also wondering why no devs ever addressed this issue after Thursday as the problems were still very prevelant.

Same here, terrible DDO lag and some login issues but everything else on my network was unaffected, from netflix to xbox live.
    ORIEN
    Officer of DemonSaints
    ~Anameaus~ ~Nicoteen~ ~Agramok~

Sorry to hear that OP. Luckily I had no such problems this time around.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

We had chrushing lag in quest on Wayfinder. Oddly enough not thru the bank, but on certain builds. AA was fine. PM lagged, Cleri was fine, FvS lagged, Druid was fine, Barb lagged... Same computers, same internet connection... Whatever the reason. Only difference had been the time - lag seems to be getting worse on EST prime time.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

One of the six or so people I regularly play with it was affected, but the rest of us weren't. It created a strange sort of good connection ddo guilt. LOL We could all log in but him, and had no idea why. There may have been some smug giggles too.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I was affected all day Saturday, but I was able to connect and play normally on Sunday. So for Saturday I just played Diablo 3 to try out their new "Loot 2.0" patch. I wasn't upset, things happen and it's not like there aren't a lot of other games I can play if DDO is unavailable.

Community Member

Default Badly impacted....

Indeed I was badly impacted. Everything I do on internet was working fine, like OP mentioned, Youtube, streaming, whatever - 100% working ... except DDO. I had short bursts where I managed to get on and play without lag, and then an hour later I can DC'ed and can't connect for the rest of the day.

Also had unusual issues like I can zone to any part of the DDO areas, and ran Von 5/6 raid, FOT, then suddenly I can't enter Von3 no matter what I did --- but then continued in a shroud - no issues. Next day when I did managed to get on, Von 3 was all good and working, but then couldn't get on to the guild ship. I really do not think this was a 'widespread' internet issue - it's something on DDO server.

I experienced another weird case where I can't play my main toon (refuses to connect), but I was able to play ALL other toons without issue by simply log off and back on and select another ALT, which led me to think all was good again, swap back to my original toon and nope, not working again.

Also checked with my guild buddies ---- and some of them were playing lag free no issues!

I spent 6 hours adjusting and checking firewall, swapping to a new dedicated gaming machine (yes I bought one but never used it as my old one was still kinda working), reinstalled DDO, reset x zillion times, reset DNS, researched old DDO threads on connection issues and fixes, ...NO avail.

The only last item I am trying is - assuming it is "widespread unexplained internet issues" is VPN. Just purchased VPN account - JUST TO PLAY DDO!!!! Insane I know...

Also if anyone accepted me to join their LFM and I mysterious DC'ed ... now you know why.... =/ (I could not get back on....)

I really like DDO and love to see DDO thrive and get more new players! But at this stage - even hard core experienced players can't get on - what would that mean to anyone new to DDO.....? (I think they will find another MMO).

Community Member

yet another weekend of horrid lag, and nothing done. it's why i'm not vip anymore. can't play, why pay? this will more surely kill ddo than anything else the devs do. if, as was suggested months ago, this is a provider issue, turbine needs to dump these morons, they won't fix the issue (they've had more than enough chances), and it's killing the business. really a no-brainer. if it's not a provider issue, but something else, well, someone should be fired before everyone involved with ddo loses their jobs. i'm sure they can find someone willing to do the work of this hypothetical loser. there's how many unemployed people out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    I was affected all day Saturday, but I was able to connect and play normally on Sunday. So for Saturday I just played Diablo 3 to try out their new "Loot 2.0" patch. I wasn't upset, things happen and it's not like there aren't a lot of other games I can play if DDO is unavailable.
    This is a real positive way to look at things, I mean that, seriously, if DDO is having troubles, just go play something else for the day. I watched some movies with the wife over the week end,and just bypassed the whole thing.

It's refreshing really, to take a day off here and there from DDO, play something else or whatever!

yup i had problems all day on Saturday, whenever I checked.

So I did other things. Sunday I was able to play.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

I had a whole host of problems with DDO this weekend - above and beyond what would be considered normal for me. And, like the OP, all of my other online endeavors went smoothly - could stream movies, play other multiplayer games, my kids had no issues with another MMO's beta test, etc. Just DDO was pretty much unplayable.

Pity.
    Last edited by Memnir; 03-03-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks for the replies so far. Just to reiterate, while it was disappointing, this is not a sour grapes post. I am curious if anyone experienced problems with anything on their Internet connection OTHER than DDO/LOTRO.

So those that played other online games - any issues? Streaming movies? Anything?

Just curious since this is supposedly related to larger wide-spread Internet issues.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

I had to laugh at the situation because it was just... ridiculous. Was running an EH Cabol; lag was horrible... so bad in fact that when the rest of the group finished and logged off after completion, their "aspects" were still fighting the end fight when I go there 10 minutes later. Was almost like an out of the body experience LOL
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

Community Member

Default Hopeless

VERY upsetting weekend for me. My best friend of 8 years finally got on the game after much haggling. He bought Iconics & went VIP!. Unfortunately this game was unplayable for him and now my best bud isn't playing! I have some choice words im withholding. GD TurBoned! Im not helping your game anymore. ****ED I AM I TELL YA!

Had times when I had 20% loss out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    So those that played other online games - any issues? Streaming movies? Anything?
    None what so ever. It was just when I wanted to play DDO. Netflix - fine. Steam (any game) - fine. ESO beta the kids were playing - fine. Hulu & Hulu Plus - fine. X-Box Live games - fine.

DDO - lots of problems all weekend.

I'm not sure why. Not pointing fingers. Just adding to the fact that it was a normal weekend in every regard except for the fact that DDO didn't want to load, and when it finally did - the lag and packet loss were extremely bad.

edit:
    To be perfectly objective, I should also note I just found out a co-worker of mine also plays DDO and lives within walking distance of my house. She had no issues at all this weekend.
    Last edited by Memnir; 03-03-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Community Member

The game was basically unplayable all weekend. Saturday was horrid, was trying to flag for shroud but the, rubber banding, animation freeze, and sudden and massive damage hits due to lag made it impossible. Sunday was a little better, but the lag was still bad and I only spent about half an hour in game before I became too frustrated to bother anymore.

I am now looking for a new game to play. The combination of lack of players and miserable game play in DDO have made this game a whole lot less fun then it use to be.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far. Just to reiterate, while it was disappointing, this is not a sour grapes post. I am curious if anyone experienced problems with anything on their Internet connection OTHER than DDO/LOTRO.

Just curious since this is supposedly related to larger wide-spread Internet issues.
    Actually, in an odd twist, LOTRO appears to have not been affected. When I couldn't play DDO, I logged into LOTRO for a while and had absolutely no issues at all. The also didn't see anything in the LOTRO forums about it. Really strange that this "larger internet problem" only seems to have affected one-half of the Turbine server building.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    Actually, in an odd twist, LOTRO appears to have not been affected. When I couldn't play DDO, I logged into LOTRO for a while and had absolutely no issues at all. The also didn't see anything in the LOTRO forums about it. Really strange that this "larger internet problem" only seems to have affected one-half of the Turbine server building.
    I agree, unless in an extremely coincidental scenario, the problems on Thursday (see link in OP) WERE larger Internet issues, while the problems Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were DDO related problems only.

Default Dtto

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    I had to laugh at the situation because it was just... ridiculous. Was running an EH Cabol; lag was horrible... so bad in fact that when the rest of the group finished and logged off after completion, their "aspects" were still fighting the end fight when I go there 10 minutes later. Was almost like an out of the body experience LOL
    I had this exact thing, I even got XP way after the others had moved onto other quests. After another quest I was still taking damage after I had left he quest and standing in the harbor. I almost died of it, it was more than a little strange, although the group I was running with by their reaction seemed to think I was piking, lol

I hope they read this and see it was not me eating the mushrooms along the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast