Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Again, I disagree: My point is that all sorts of classes hav their 'type of run' when it comes to soloing.

There are blitz friendly quests for blitzers, like battle for eveningstar and devil assault
    There are raids, which will be mainly owned by monkchers, like Fall of Truth and Chronoscope
    There are quests where disposing trash quickly is important, for draconic sorcerers and such, like lines of supply and friends in low places
    There are shrot quests where one joy is enough to have an insane fast run, like end of the road, or thrill of the hunt

Now nearly all tracked quests currently fall under one of these categories. But there are yet so many quests in game that will give other types of builds an edge, builds like DC based builds. Now the lord of dust seemed like a stupid example, but in an ideal run not many builds will beat my time

The blitzer gets annoyed by a stupid door
    The monkcher loses time on trash
    The sorcerers will be the biggest competition, but they can't kill the orange nameds (3 of em) as fast
    The joy shiradi still may be a slight competition, especially people like tethx

But a FvS like mine can dispose of trash in no time, can instakill technically speaking all 3 orange nameds (gnomon is some trouble, based of the DC difference between soundburst, how often it lands and mass frog, I can say that it would work like 1 in 3. Karas will be done slower compared to other builds, but I'm still a good DPS and can add in blade barrier kiting to my regular DPS. I'd say a build compared to mine gets the edge on a run like these

Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I really want the record, if someone else finds some advanced tactic and wins fair and square, kudos to him/her. It's just that I'd love to see more versality in the competing builds. Those easier EE's are indeed easier than the others, but it's in no way comparable to heroic elite...
    So you are saying that a weaker character can be stonger in easier content than a stronger character? Interesting logic. It took Jado (Takllin) 15 minutes of his life tops to prove you wrong on your own example.

I can assure you that a blitzer dosn't need blitz to kill trash ee bosses in no time. As for orange names, they just get stunned and mortal feared. DI sorcs get working necro on top of their uber dps in easy stuff. Shiradi still has joy, it's out of this word regardless of content. Monkchers are still boring as hell even if the content is easy. And they still run way faster than you. Run speed and dps don't change even if the content is easier.

The game is completely unbalanced, and the difficulty of the quests you run has nothing to do with it. I wish this thread popped up before I tred out of blitz, because I can barely compete now (still holding one record though... until someone bothers to beat it - shouldn't be hard), it sucks, but that's how it is.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nolifer1 View Post

Gratz on Wabbot solo. That one is a pain to get it done. And thanks for the video. It was great
    Last edited by Aviya; 05-20-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

Or run it under 10 mins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    Done and done. Thank you very much.
    Great, I may be able to beat that, gives me a challenge to look forward to
    Sorcs and wizards are out of the league for healbots like me and you. Anyway monsters in Lod have too few hit points for your dc to matter anything. I zerged through Lod EE in 6 minutes and half with my Green-dragonscale Favored Soul and I can tell you that DrPep sorc or Tethx wiz can do it in half the time of my Healbot.

Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 05-21-2014 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Link to the video
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Minrothad View Post
    It was 10 min normal and 16 min elite iirc, WAY before epic destinies.
    And the screenshots are around, if you didn't play back then you can always google it.
    The 16 min elite is still linked in the OP, no need to google
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zoda View Post
    So you are saying that a weaker character can be stonger in easier content than a stronger character? Interesting logic. It took Jado (Takllin) 15 minutes of his life tops to prove you wrong on your own example.

I can assure you that a blitzer dosn't need blitz to kill trash ee bosses in no time. As for orange names, they just get stunned and mortal feared. DI sorcs get working necro on top of their uber dps in easy stuff. Shiradi still has joy, it's out of this word regardless of content. Monkchers are still boring as hell even if the content is easy. And they still run way faster than you. Run speed and dps don't change even if the content is easier.

The game is completely unbalanced, and the difficulty of the quests you run has nothing to do with it. I wish this thread popped up before I tred out of blitz, because I can barely compete now (still holding one record though... until someone bothers to beat it - shouldn't be hard), it sucks, but that's how it is.
    I disagree, I still can beat Takllin's time, I'm very sure, but I just got ****ed to get Bastion in 9/11 runs, 1 other run went 'ok' and my best run, being 9 min 23 lost way too much time and SP on gnomon. If I manage to simply frog him I'll beat takllin's time by at least half a minute.

Also Yaela's run has been... eye-opening. Then again it's a run with Joy and I doubt you'd be able to get it under 10 minutes without Joy but even so, I realise I can still speed my ways up basing on what trash I kill and such. I think I might be able to keep a lot more trash alive to speed up my run.

Also, while I agree that Tethx may run it faster, I doubt a blitzer would, or even drpeppero wouldn't beat 6.30 I think simply cus he doesn't use shiradi and joy is, well yeah, joy
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

I disagree, I still can beat Takllin's time, I'm very sure, but I just got ****ed to get Bastion in 9/11 runs, 1 other run went 'ok' and my best run, being 9 min 23 lost way too much time and SP on gnomon. If I manage to simply frog him I'll beat takllin's time by at least half a minute.

Also Yaela's run has been... eye-opening. Then again it's a run with Joy and I doubt you'd be able to get it under 10 minutes without Joy but even so, I realise I can still speed my ways up basing on what trash I kill and such. I think I might be able to keep a lot more trash alive to speed up my run.

Also, while I agree that Tethx may run it faster, I doubt a blitzer would, or even drpeppero wouldn't beat 6.30 I think simply cus he doesn't use shiradi and joy is, well yeah, joy
    Which is Zoda's point. What's the point of putting quests like LoD in the OP if any Joy user will always beat your time anyway? They beat you in harder quests, they beat you in easier quests. No point.

EDIT: This is my time as DI Sorc. Watching Yaela's run, he can improve his time by a lot. Also, don't know why he used Joy just at the shrine instead at the beginning of the quest. Now add monk speed, barbarian sprint boost if you have Teth's build and you can get this done in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited by Wizza; 05-21-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

It's not joy, it's shiradi that's overpowered. I already did the quest under 8 minutes without joy.
    But any good played draconic sorcerer can beat 6 minutes because they do so much damage you cannot immagine

Watching Yaela's run, he can improve his time by a lot. Also, don't know why he used Joy just at the shrine instead at the beginning of the quest. Now add monk speed, barbarian sprint boost if you have Teth's build and you can get this done in less than 5 minutes.
    It wasn't supposed to be a joy run. I always click joy before I use the shrines and if I am lucky enough I skip the shrine since I my build saves alot of spell points
    Not sure where I wasted time in my run to be honest. Any tips?
    Last edited by Stinging_Bee; 05-21-2014 at 09:01 AM.
    Yeela & Melyssa - The Shiradi Sisters - FvS Healers
    Xylah - The Sniper - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Peacekeeper DPS

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by nolifer1 View Post
    lol what cave u living in? blitz work with ranged since they introduce epic destinyes at first place
    I was not aware of that as I have not played my Ranger in years, and he is sitting at 20 when that was the cap. The description calls out increase to melee damage, not ranged so I was curious if that was a bug or not.

Do you find that with Blitz as an option for ranged that this is a better destiny as opposed to Fury or Shiradi?
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Blitz is always better than shiradi for ranged, fury is better in quests with loading screens, and some raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoda View Post

Yup that was my second attempt at it, the first I died after I got stuck floating on mobs. My sorc isn't nearly as good as a lot of others, as I really haven't played him much until recently.

His logic is flawed, I don;t have an issue with easier EE's being added, but doing so to give weaker characters a chance at a record, is stupid because they won't have the record...stronger characters are stronger characters no matter the content.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    Yup that was my second attempt at it, the first I died after I got stuck floating on mobs. My sorc isn't nearly as good as a lot of others, as I really haven't played him much until recently.

His logic is flawed, I don;t have an issue with easier EE's being added, but doing so to give weaker characters a chance at a record, is stupid because they won't have the record...stronger characters are stronger characters no matter the content.
    If that were true, 1 person would have all the records...
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stinging_Bee View Post
    It's not joy, it's shiradi that's overpowered.
    Shiradi isn't really all that great, they are spell point efficient but they aren't overpowered. Joy is overpowered and indulgence of the made queen is just... well insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinging_Bee View Post
    It's not joy, it's shiradi that's overpowered. I already did the quest under 8 minutes without joy.
    But any good played draconic sorcerer can beat 6 minutes because they do so much damage you cannot immagine

It wasn't supposed to be a joy run. I always click joy before I use the shrines and if I am lucky enough I skip the shrine since I my build saves alot of spell points
    Not sure where I wasted time in my run to be honest. Any tips?
    Well, first of all the Joy thing. Getting Joy at the beginning of the quest could have sped it up a bit. You lose way too much time with Marideth without Joy. Then you are casting BB while running past mobs which makes you lose some unneeded seconds (you can just use the Shadow Phase clicky from the TF armor and run past them). Also, you kill the 2 death knights and the cultist (right after the traps) before letting the NPC start the dialog. You could have opened the door, start the dialog, kill them. Then your weapon. You are using twilight when you could be using a TF weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

After I made the fastest epic hard Fall of truth solo run a few weeks ago with a pinion, Sestra managed to beat me using the thunderforged bow.
    It took me a lot of time to be able to craft a thunderforged bow myself and pretty much all the cannith end gamers joined my pugs hunting for phlogs and ingots.

Now with the new bow this is the new epic hard fastest completion time:
    17 minutes 0 seconds

Epic Elite coming soon!

Default DDO Fastest Times App - pre MotU closing

This post serves as notice of the closure of my DDO Fastest Times app for Android phones, effective immediately. The App times represented pre MotU records and the can still be found on the original post here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...imes-Worldwide

Thank you to everyone who gave my rubbish first attempt of an App a test drive it served its purpose.

I must congratulate Ishr on taking the torch on the Fastest Times movement and wish him well.
    Dont be scared to take decisive action right or wrong you are doing what you think is best even if it means putting a hold on records made under dubious circumstances. You will never make everyone happy just keep on doing what you doing we all appreciate the effort.
    Going forward lets hope there are not too many game breaking bugs that can derail this kind of competition.

Have fun

Hunta
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    Shiradi isn't really all that great, they are spell point efficient but they aren't overpowered. Joy is overpowered and indulgence of the made queen is just... well insane.
    such truth , and this is how it should be... randomness junkies need a fix
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

I want to get the ball rolling on possibly re-opening this thread. There are a number of issues, primarily having to do with bugs and validation, that need to be addressed and I wanted to hear you guys' thoughts. I have been following Knight_Slayer's thread and I like some of the ideas present there and now that they have had a trial-run I wanted to here you guys' opinions on how we could best apply the positive ideas from there. Please comment in the discussion thread here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5397388

Thread relaunched!

New rules taken from a few ideas proposed in the past. We will be using the "delayed-video" format for submission. Screen shots will be accepted but any record which stands for 28 days will need to be supported by video evidence. You may post your video early if you desire, the point of this rule is to give players who have developed unique strategies the recognition they deserve before others begin copying the strategy. These changes apply to all submissions after August 11, 2014. For submissions of achievements obtained prior to this date, video evidence must be included at the time of submission, no exceptions.

Don't like these changes? Have a better idea? As always, we welcome discussion over at the discussion thread, and we will try to continually adapt this thread to meet the needs of our community.
    Last edited by ishr; 08-12-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    Thread relaunched!

New rules taken from a few ideas proposed in the past. We will be using the "delayed-video" format for submission. Screen shots will be accepted but any record which stands for 28 days will need to be supported by video evidence. You may post your video early if you desire.
    video of my fall of truth epic hard run
    The fall of truth epic hard -17.00 - alleanza degli uomini liberi- cannith -solo

Last edited by Aviya; 08-13-2014 at 01:59 AM.

After trying some speed runs out, wow some of these times are just crazy scary! Anyway, here's my entry.

EE break in the ice with pot chugging: 9:55. Could probably shave off a minute or so if pushed, but I felt this was pretty low hanging fruit.

Normal "everyday" run without chugging: 10:56.

As requested earlier in this thread, I'd like to add an additional category for no joy of the queen.
    Last edited by AtomicMew; 08-23-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast