Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No GMs in game after 2am EST

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rs#post5269690

Feel free to wait for 7 hours if you do have a problem, the next available someone will be right with you...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rs#post5269690

Feel free to wait for 7 hours if you do have a problem, the next available someone will be right with you...
    Cuts, layoffs, what else do you expect to happen...

Yes. This is very disheartening. Though, many might argue that there was already little to no in-game support previously. That, or we already had to wait too long for adequate responses.

Ouch! Feel bad for the non-USA'ers but as Cauthey said, ingame support already sucks for the most part as it is.

Community Member

Default Not exactly what the post you are referring to says....

I do not believe you are correctly reading the posting you are referring to. It says that Account Support will have the hours you indicate that will leave a time from 2 AM to 7AM when they will not be available. It further states that GMs will be available at those times. GMs are not Account Support. They are in game support.

All is well - nothing to see here - move along...

Community Member

Default Corrected hours....

Quote Originally Posted by Borkor View Post
    I do not believe you are correctly reading the posting you are referring to. It says that Account Support will have the hours you indicate that will leave a time from 2 AM to 9 AM EST when they will not be available. It further states that GMs will be available at those times. GMs are not Account Support. They are in game support.

All is well - nothing to see here - move along...
    The edit post feature does not appear to want to work....I have corrected the initial erroneous 7 AM to be 9 AM in my above post. I had 7 hours on the brain....

Quote Originally Posted by Borkor View Post
    The edit post feature does not appear to want to work....I have corrected the initial erroneous 7 AM to be 9 AM in my above post. I had 7 hours on the brain....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Blue View Post
    Beginning on March 3rd we will be updating our support hours. Account Support will be available via phones from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM Eastern 7 days a week, and In-game Support is going to be available from 9:00 AM to 2:00 AM Eastern 7 days a week.
    Cold Blue explicitly writes that In-game Support will be available from 9:00 AM to 2:00 AM. That means that from 2:00 AM to 9:00 AM there won't be In-game support.

And yes, that sucks for people in europe who run into a problem that needs GM support.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Don't worry. DDO isn't going into maintenance mode. Nothing to see here. Move along, you looky-loos.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Hope Krymux didnt get pink slipped -

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Seeming more and more that way, might be time to cut the umbilical cord and learn to live without ddo. At the very least for me it's a good sign to dump vip and ease off on the TP purchases until a brighter future (if any) shows it's head.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

We realize this will impact your ability to contact a live support agent, however by making this change we will be able to provide you with the best possible customer service
    how does this work? it make no sence. none at all.

i feel like its 1984.

Community Member

They should have just autoclosed all tickets during the hours they closed and nobody would have known the difference.

They would just assume Krymux is unavailable.

Anyhow, alot of times it is quicker to just re-run the quest. I feel bad for the folks in different timezones where they almost always play ONLY when the GMs are offline. That basically means the only support they get is e-mail.

As for account support, meh, it's never been urgent as long as I know when it's open I am fine with it.

I feel bad for all that lost their jobs. It's unfortunate the game isn't growing and going into cash cow mode. Hopefully it's still worthwhile for Turbine to improve the game beyond 2014. On LOTRO they already said they will be sharing 2015 plans with the community once they are worked out. No such mention of 2015 has been made regarding DDO. I wish they would at least say they are working on 2015 plans and will share them with us soon.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    how does this work? it make no sence. none at all.

i feel like its 1984.
    All pigs are equal but some pigs are more equal than others.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    So, business as usual I guess?

My usual experience with tickets is: wait a few hours, give up. But I'll admit a few times I got lucky and a GM told me he couldn't help.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

IMHO in game support isn't necessary at all.

In 4 years I've sent only like 5 tickets total iirc.
    The result is like this:
    1 ticket was related to Servants of Overlord (we couldn't kill spider, he was beneath the ground), GM showed up in like 15 mins (if we knew that there were NO in game support we would just rerun it, and if it would happen again then we would stop doing that quest and bug report it).
    1 ticket was sent by my mistake (I waited like 20 mins for GM, he couldn't help me and I just wasted his time, because later I realized that there is a different way to complete quest, moreover it's WAI, lol)
    1 ticket was sent by me + several others in VoN5, because that quest didn't complete even after we killed end boss and talked to dwarf (iirc the objective when you take the key from rust monster didn't register as completed), GM showed up after like 30 mins, he couldn't help us to proceed to VoN6, but he gave us XP for VoN5 completion, but like half members already dropped group (so, multiple tickets for the same issue - waste of time of GM).
    1 ticket was sent when I reported a gold spammer in harbor (I didn't know it will be counted as a ticket)
    Other tickets I don't remember (maybe additional 1-2 tickets or so).

Overall, I'd say I had NO benefits from sending tickets at all, because I always had to wait additional time while I could just rerun quest.
    In some other games there is no GMs at all.

GMs need to be paid salaries.
    I'd prefer that this money would rather be spent on bug fixes (Titan raid, Paladin capstone, etc. ... there are SO MANY bugs to fix, I wish NexEverto would continue his work on Broken ‘Things’ Master List).

EDIT:
    Thanks to fTdOmen I remembered a situation where GM seriously helped me:
    - my character was stuck on the LR airship and GM moved it to marketplace
    (if that could be done in 1-2 days after I bug report report it, then it would be ok to me)
    Last edited by TheRobai; 03-02-2014 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo
    The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member

"We realize this will impact your ability to contact a live support agent, however by making this change we will be able to provide you with the best possible customer service through our other support venues of emails, the forums, and Twitter. "

Seriously.. just because I'm standing above you with my fly open I swear it's just rain.

I've always had good experiences with CS, and knowing they're there if I need them (GMT+12) has been part of the reason I've continued to pay a VIP sub

I've filed GM tickets for the following reasons :

- Freshly TR'ed character stuck at jeets with no way of progressing
    - Character who lost all ED progress during LR
    - Character used epic heart of wood and lost martial karma sphere xp, but didn't get flagged for ETR.
    - Character stuck on the LR airship
    - Replacing Broken ottos stones after the initial changes.
    - Completing quests that should have been finished if not for bugs.
    - Spawning 3 medium ebberon dragonshard fragments to make up for time lost on xp pot whilst waiting.
    - Re-spawning mobs who've gotten stuck in walls.

When my sub expires I most likely won't renew it, having no GM support for the majority of my peak play time is just another reason why I shouldn't continue to support turbine.

Community Member

Hi,

It looks like the value of the VIP subscription just went down for those who play off-peak.

I do love the double-talk claiming that although it may appear that customer service getting worse it is is actually getting better. That says an awful lot about the company's attitude towards its customers.

The only sensible way to interpret this is that the game has had a great year and everything is going exactly to plan. Bite your tongues, you naughty doom-sayers. And sorry to anyone who has lost their job through this 'improvement'.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    They should have just autoclosed all tickets during the hours they closed and nobody would have known the difference.

They would just assume Krymux is unavailable.
    Lawl so true!!!

but yeah sucks for folks down under.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast