Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    they made the reward list so people could milk as much free stuff as they want? lol
    The people who would benefit the most are new players, so let them. The vets probably won't bother with it. I certainly won't. Nothing unique or powerful on the list. If they had a unique event only collectable, maybe.

Like I said, people did that for the free yellow cube event. I didn't see any bannings or suspensions.

Can't believe that so many people are bent out of shape over this..........wait its the DDO forums so I shouldn't be...............lol asking for people to be banned over this. Having multiple accounts is not an exploit, if they made the event like this so it could be used in this fashion it was always on them to do it differently. This stuff isn't even worth it for me to go through the whole process of multiple log ins. if someone has the patience to do that and wants to, good on em I guess? Geez some people really need to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout_Zero View Post
    The people who would benefit the most are new players, so let them. The vets probably won't bother with it. I certainly won't. Nothing unique or powerful on the list. If they had a unique event only collectable, maybe.

Like I said, people did that for the free yellow cube event. I didn't see any bannings or suspensions.
    you think new players are going to think to create multiple accounts?

because its minor and doesn't affect Turbines wallet. a lot of people like useless pets. like I said, it doesn't matter how one person views the value of loot or how minor Turbine thinks it is, creating multiple accounts for free stuff shouldn't be allowed and they need to come up with a better way. letting little things like this slide only creates problems later when something else comes along that more people value.

you think new players are going to think to create multiple accounts?

because its minor and doesn't affect Turbines wallet. a lot of people like useless pets. like I said, it doesn't matter how one person views the value of loot or how minor Turbine thinks it is, creating multiple accounts for free stuff shouldn't be allowed and they need to come up with a better way. letting little things like this slide only creates problems later when something else comes along that more people value.
    For all we know this is exactly what Turbine wants people to do. They can go to WB and tell them that “all is well” because they had a billion new accounts.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Let's get real. New players won't be the ones doing this. It will be the small handful of people who enjoy finding and taking advantage of every game bug/exploit as a minigame. There are even sites that have sub-sections fully dedicated to sharing and detailing these bugs.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

The argument presented of "Let something little like this go through and it spells doom for the future" holds as much water as saying if you try marijuana just once you'll end up on heroin eventually.

Seriously, this is NO different than someone who creates five extra accounts to go farm a quest and six box it to try and get a better item. You are just farming for a chance to get a better card. You could get **** and pull card 1 on all 22 accounts each and every day.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Can't believe that so many people are bent out of shape over this..........wait its the DDO forums so I shouldn't be...............lol asking for people to be banned over this. Having multiple accounts is not an exploit, if they made the event like this so it could be used in this fashion it was always on them to do it differently. This stuff isn't even worth it for me to go through the whole process of multiple log ins. if someone has the patience to do that and wants to, good on em I guess? Geez some people really need to get a grip.
    Cheating is cheating and they need to finally lay the ban hammer down!

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Actually, the folks that'd benefit the most would be the ones that like quoting account numbers for marketing purposes. Just sayin.

edit: That being said, I am kinda irritated that having actual played alts is less beneficial than creating dummies, but meh. Free gift is free.
    Last edited by Scraap; 03-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Community Member

Umm..
    1) How does this affect your gameplay, and/or enjoyment of the game?
    2) Why do you care?
    3) How is this an "exploit"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    The argument presented of "Let something little like this go through and it spells doom for the future" holds as much water as saying if you try marijuana just once you'll end up on heroin eventually.

Seriously, this is NO different than someone who creates five extra accounts to go farm a quest and six box it to try and get a better item. You are just farming for a chance to get a better card. You could get **** and pull card 1 on all 22 accounts each and every day.
    that's quite the extreme real life analogy.

it doesn't spell doom for the future for letting little things slide. it just pushes the envelop further and there will always be people who say "who cares?" there have been much worse exploits and people taking advantage of bugs and there were still people trying to say "who cares?"

that's quite the extreme real life analogy.

it doesn't spell doom for the future for letting little things slide. it just pushes the envelop further and there will always be people who say "who cares?" there have been much worse exploits and people taking advantage of bugs and there were still people trying to say "who cares?"
    That's just it. It isn't a bug. It isn't taking advantage of a coding error. It is meta gaming the system. It isn't an exploit. It's simply someone making the effort to get more cards than others. The duping exploit was an actual exploit, as was using EDs in heroic content. You had to do something to break it. It didn't just work. This, however, is just gaining more cards. Nothing nefarious about it at all.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I think multiboxing people and those with altitis with 40 toons should be banned.
    Double the punishment for those playing on multiple servers.
    Get rid of them once and for all, I can't stand this injustice, cheating is cheating.
    Where is my high horse ?
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    I think multiboxing people and those with altitis with 40 toons should be banned.
    Get rid of them once and for all, I can't stand this injustice, cheating is cheating.
    Where is my high horse ?
    I come across quite a few people who don't like playing with multi boxers. they don't care if they never group, but why should they be entitled to more loot and more chances at loot they are looking for taking up a spot or more in a group?

people who create "40 toons" are playing them. big difference between creating accounts to get more free stuff and actually playing newly created characters.

someone who plays on different servers has no affect because its not like you can trade cross servers.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Where is my high horse ?
    Good point. I am going to add that to the list.

People who played on multiple servers to earn TP points are exploiting.

People who create a character and go to 100 favor and then delete and rinse and repeat are exploiting.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    People who played on multiple servers to earn TP points are exploiting.

People who create a character and go to 100 favor and then delete and rinse and repeat are exploiting.
    Turbine dug a whole on that. that's something they cant just suddenly disallow. the uproar would be too great.

Where is my high horse ?
    Some people really want to play in a ghost town.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

they made the reward list so people could milk as much free stuff as they want? lol
    Um, yes, in the sense that within minutes of this proposal one or more Dev's said "so we're okay with 3% of people making multiple accounts to get extra cards... and then moments later they agreed that they were okay with this, because the impact overall will be minimal. OR they simply are going to put a premium/vip only flag on the free stuff and didn't care enough to tick it off their checklist for the lam sneak peak.

You have to be seriously naive if you think every dev and every tester on the staff of an MMO doesn't know the oldest "cheesy trick" in the book for getting free stuff by making free accounts. People were doing this in 1980's in MUD's man, they aren't idiots.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Um, yes, in the sense that within minutes of this proposal one or more Dev's said "so we're okay with 3% of people making multiple accounts to get extra cards... and then moments later they agreed that they were okay with this, because the impact overall will be minimal. OR they simply are going to put a premium/vip only flag on the free stuff and didn't care enough to tick it off their checklist for the lam sneak peak.

You have to be seriously naive if you think every dev and every tester on the staff of an MMO doesn't know the oldest "cheesy trick" in the book for getting free stuff by making free accounts. People were doing this in 1980's in MUD's man, they aren't idiots.
    where are they saying they are ok with people doing this? I looked and didn't find it. like I said before, this is something minor and not affecting Turbines wallet, so they don't care people will create multiple accounts to get the free stuff.

am I the one bringing this greed of some of the players to the devs attention? no, im just voicing my opinion on it and think they should have done something different so people couldn't create multiple accounts for these cards.

OH the Horror of it all!!!! I will get hardly any sleep tonight thinking about all those wicked peoples profiting off poor turbine!!!!

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    OH the Horror of it all!!!! I will get hardly any sleep tonight thinking about all those wicked peoples profiting off poor turbine!!!!
    All those friendship bracelets... It's DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOoOooMmEXCLAMATIONEXCLAMATIO NEXCLAMATIONEXCLAMATION1
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast