Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stalwart bug on Lammania

Currently on Lammania, there is a bug for Stalwart Stance, but not Sacred Stance.

If you are in Stalwart Stance and you are using two weapons, you do NOT lose your stance benefits.
    This is clearly an exploit because any ability that PREVENTS fury of the wild rage effects should not be useful in the slightest.
    We can NOT allow this to happen.

Do you remember what happened with the Harbored in Light bug?
    Harbored in Light stacks with itself, providing Paladins with 50 PRR. That is an insane bonus. So powerful, in fact, that the total number of Paladin players DOUBLED from one to two.

Well, this bug is even worse. Allowing Stalwart fighters to keep their stance bonuses when in two-weapon fighting is even more OP than the Harbored in Light bug. If this goes live, we are going to see the number of endgame tanks triple on Ghallanda server. (0 x 3 = 0)
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 02-28-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Still the weakest member and dumbest of Omnipresence.

The shield requirement for the stance bonuses was one of the stupidest things ever added to DDO (if you wanted to make it so it didn't stack with monk garbage, make it require ARMOR).

I hope this "bug" is WAI.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The shield requirement for the stance bonuses was one of the stupidest things ever added to DDO (if you wanted to make it so it didn't stack with monk garbage, make it require ARMOR).

I hope this "bug" is WAI.
    So much this.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Stalwart Defenders took it in the shorts with the addition of the shield requirement. Hope this is WAI too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Sorry to me defender just cries out shield!

boy am I glad neg rep is gone

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post

boy am I glad neg rep is gone
    Get a rope . . .

this is wai, untill the last few paly fanboys bought the new pack to get 2 weapons, then they'll neuter/fix it

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    this is wai, untill the last few paly fanboys bought the new pack to get 2 weapons, then they'll neuter/fix it
    This bug only works for Stalwart and not sacred.

You have that backwards, OP. Sacred stance is bugged by virtue of requiring a shield.

*hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope* *hope*

I hope this is WAI too because I WANT THAT +6 BONUS TO STR, CON, and 20% MORE HP WITH A TWO HANDER!

Shield requirement is so wrong...

Yes, that, please. Make it even specifically HEAVY armor. So that you can give a ton of bonuses knowing it will not stack with evasion, 25% dodge and monk stances.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

This is how I thought the Devs were going with the Stance bonuses when the new Enhancements, along with the previous changes to AC by adding PRR to the game, were previewed during Shadowfail Beta. But there was no nerfing of PRR to monks, but instead of gains to PRR to monks in the monk tree. Also when Divine Might was changed from a straight melee damage bonus to a STR booster, almost all the positive comments about the change came from monk/paladin builds and not the pure paladins, it just lent more credence that the Devs were using Paladin as a splash class instead of strengthening some of its weakness, as they did with many of the other classes.

The only problem with the Paladin/Fighter stances requiring Armor instead of Shields is that its one more nail against WF. WF would have a tax feat for the Mithral or Admanatine Body feat, which is fine for Fighters but hurts Paladins immensely. Also the PRR is still not granting the extra PRR that WF are suppose to gain, so the benefits for WF will probably still be FUBARed.

However, it would help curtail the Monk 6 builds. The PRR should have never been given to anyone in Robes and Outfits, as that was the original intent. In addition to the Armor working only with these stances, capping PRR on none armor much like Dodge is capped on Heavy Armor should be the other step to shift the game away from strictly a PJ build game.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    The only problem with the Paladin/Fighter stances requiring Armor instead of Shields is that its one more nail against WF. WF would have a tax feat for the Mithral or Admanatine Body feat
    So they can make the second most asked thing about WF in the forums a thing at the same time: Give WF a free feat at level 1 to choose their body type (Composed, Mithral, Adamantine).
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post

The only problem with the Paladin/Fighter stances requiring Armor instead of Shields is that its one more nail against WF. WF would have a tax feat for the Mithral or Admanatine Body feat, which is fine for Fighters but hurts Paladins immensely. Also the PRR is still not granting the extra PRR that WF are suppose to gain, so the benefits for WF will probably still be FUBARed.
    Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    So they can make the second most asked thing about WF in the forums a thing at the same time: Give WF a free feat at level 1 to choose their body type (Composed, Mithral, Adamantine).
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    /agree
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

I wonder if this works with bear form. My bear tank would LOVE to be in stance, but even though he is using a shield, in bear form it doesn't matter, thus no stance for me.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    I wonder if this works with bear form. My bear tank would LOVE to be in stance, but even though he is using a shield, in bear form it doesn't matter, thus no stance for me.
    Went on lam and tested this, just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    Went on lam and tested this, just for you.

Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Looking at your stuff I used my bear and geared it out fully on the AH, tested stalwart for myself.

Before stance is activated:

and after:

Leader of The Dark Creed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast