Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anniversary Card Collection disabled

We've disabled the Cards on Lamannia.

Thanks for everyone taking time to look at them and for submitting bugs and feedback.

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

You've given it to us for a day to look at and you already take it away? What'd we do?
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

Quote Originally Posted by InsanityIsYourFriend View Post
    You've given it to us for a day to look at and you already take it away? What'd we do?
    Either that are they don't want the rare stuff to get found... yet.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

You're all exploiters!!!!!11!!

Community Member

Someone posted a bug that allowed you to get as many cards as you wanted to. That made it far too easy to map all combinations into rewards. And that probably wasnt intented. Not much fun if its completely spoiled before it goes live.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Crippling bug that bypassed the daily limit on card rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Crippling bug that bypassed the daily limit on card rolls.
    I'd say removing that feature would be far more crippling, than the 1 roll/day limit.

Besides, what are the odds that this bug will resurface with the expansion anyway?

Community Member

so, its a 1/account, bta item, that is 1/day? with 10 cards... How long is this event going to go on for? cause with 1/day/account, unless its going to be going on for over a month it doesnt seem that exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    so, its a 1/account, bta item, that is 1/day? with 10 cards... How long is this event going to go on for? cause with 1/day/account, unless its going to be going on for over a month it doesnt seem that exciting.
    Thats right 1 roll per account per day, with items that are BtA, BtC and unbound depending on the item.

Also i just thought if its one roll per account and you have alts on other servers then will they get a bag/die and if so will they get a roll?

I really hope that Turbine considers removing the whole trading card thing and replacing it with a very simple barter UI with no mixing of cards, no cryptic bull dung and no excess inventory usage. Plus, trading cards, really? Who does Turbine think we are?

Let me go into detail why this whole trading card system is a bad idea that should be skipped:

• Trading cards are for kids and people who haven't grown up. 'Nuff said.
    • There was a good reason why the crafting UI overhaul took place. Why not use that interface? Faster, and more simple is why you should.
    • It takes up too much inventory space for a seasonal event to use. Even if it were not a seasonal, do we REALLY need more ways of rewarding players? I thought it was ok the way it was, but what you are trying to do is pushing things too far. On top of that, trading cards would dillute chests throughout the game if it were implemented as a permanent thing.
    • Nobody wants to waste their cards figuring out what gives what. They would rather look it up online, such as on ddowiki.com, than waste cards on inferior products or bonuses they already have.
    • You are overcomplicating things by doing this. I realize this may hit the points that I have made above, but this is REALLY a problem in all of DDO; Why use complex systems when you can use simple mechanics that accomplish the same thing? In this case, rather than do this overcomplex, childlike trading card system, you could do something as simple as one item that, when opened up, reveals a barter ui in which you can trade that item for one thing.

All in all, I really hope you get rid of the trading card idea and that you DON'T bring it back again.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    I really hope that Turbine considers removing the whole trading card thing and replacing it with a very simple barter UI with no mixing of cards, no cryptic bull dung and no excess inventory usage. Plus, trading cards, really? Who does Turbine think we are?

Let me go into detail why this whole trading card system is a bad idea that should be skipped:

• There was a good reason why the crafting UI overhaul took place. Why not use that interface? Faster, and more simple is why you should.
    • It takes up too much inventory space for a seasonal event to use. Even if it were not a seasonal, do we REALLY need more ways of rewarding players? I thought it was ok the way it was, but what you are trying to do is pushing things too far. On top of that, trading cards would dillute chests throughout the game if it were implemented as a permanent thing.
    • Nobody wants to waste their cards figuring out what gives what. They would rather look it up online, such as on ddowiki.com, than waste cards on inferior products or bonuses they already have.
    • You are overcomplicating things by doing this. I realize this may hit the points that I have made above, but this is REALLY a problem in all of DDO; Why use complex systems when you can use simple mechanics that accomplish the same thing? In this case, rather than do this overcomplex, childlike trading card system, you could do something as simple as one item that, when opened up, reveals a barter ui in which you can trade that item for one thing.

All in all, I really hope you get rid of the trading card idea and that you DON'T bring it back again.
    Apparently "nuff" was not said. You went on to list 4 additional points after that one.

Thumbs down

I disagree with all of your points. 'Nuff said.

• I was having fun with it.
    • It gives an opportunity to interactive with other people who play DDO. It might be a lot to ask but quit being so antisocial.
    • It is a very simple system. We figured out most of the prizes within hours.
    • You are obviously commenting out of ignorance because the whole system takes up one inventory slot, the same as a bday cake.
    • But, at the same time there is the opportunity for a lot more prize options (45!) than previous bday cakes.
    • The purpose of this event is to have fun and celebrate DDO’s 8th birthday. Lighten up a bit and celebrate scrooge.

'Nuff said.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

The cards are fun and are not only for DDO 8th anniversary but for DnD's 40th. I approve of them. 'nuff said.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

As someone that is a part owner of a gaming store, my gross receipts disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We've disabled the Cards on Lamannia.

Thanks for everyone taking time to look at them and for submitting bugs and feedback.
    So before this goes live, we should create a metric tonne of new free-to-play accounts? Then we will be rolling in cards! And Turbines numbers will be up up up!!!

Trading cards are for kids and people who haven't grown up. 'Nuff said.
    Wow, big man here. Look out everyone, we've got a real and true honest to Lolth grown up!

Dude, you play a video game. A video game about adventurers and wizards and theives and ninjas fighting monsters and dragons.

As far as trading cards go, my wife and I have extensive M:TG and D&D card sets, as well as several other card games. Are we immature? Most likely. Childish? You betcha! Are our lives more fun and less boring and serious as yours? I would wager to say, based on your attitude...most likely.

'Nuff said.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    As someone that is a part owner of a gaming store, my gross receipts disagree with you.
    This for sure
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

So what is going to stop someone from creating new toon, creating card, mailing card to base account, deleting toon, rinse, repeat for infinite cards.

??
    Khyber:
    Lunality, Sorcality, Tunality, Axation, Causation, Shurality, Desparality, Stingality and a few more...
    Behind every good melee there stands a row of 5 monkchers making the melee feel better.

Community Member

Shakes head sadly* I recall at the 2 year anniversary we had something real special. I had just turned lvl 14 that day, had just stepped into the market from giant hold after a HE madstone run that my party had fought through with lightning speed to get in that last bit of xp before the event.

I stepped into the market, and all hell broke loose literally. Through hordes of devils I struggled to reach the bank and finally did so. Inside safe from the insanity outside for a moment, I got out of storage and donned my white dragon scale robe, Id been eager to reach 14 since Id made it a few days before after a month of scouring the AH for scales and spending every loose coin I scrounged up for them.

A few allies, mostly dwarves and humans who where the fashion at the time aside from toaster arcanes ofcourse, joined up with me and spent time ribbing the low con and strength dex based rogue warrior, who happened to be the only 3E+ pnp player among them who had long before kept an eye out for key weapon combos and owned silver/good weapons with formidable enchantments.

But there was one foe few could endure that day, LAG! For many no matter how hard we fought, the sheer fury of magic and steel whirling across the market sent the world itself into a state of madness, the very fabric of existence seemed stretched to its limits.

And we also where mourning the death of the Maker himself. Perhaps even the world was weeping and its soul wracking sobs caused the lag. Who is to say in the madness of the multiverse.

But I have to agree with another, Trading cards is a bloody sin to PnP D&D players, we fight against, openly mock, and outright loathe players of poke mon, magic the gathering, and other such games. They are vile to those who follow the way of the dice, and are seen as the true gate way drug for addiction in our youth. No I say to trading card games. Bring on a real event!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I agree that trading cards a la Magic is in bad taste in a D&D setting, ubt I'm not going to get that worked up about it. It's free shinies, whatever package it comes in.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast