Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Kiss your SLA goodbye

For those who don't read the Lamannia forums.Per the current release notes: NEW: Many spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities now correctly cannot be used in anti-magic fields

Of course, there are people who expected that SLA's behaved this way already and had not attempted to use them in an anti-magic field.

+1 for the over-dramatic thread title, though.

Your tears are delicious.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Your tears are delicious.
    yours will be moreso when you scream hjeal meh while the clerics positive energy busrt is affected

Quote Originally Posted by SinnJinn2 View Post
    yours will be moreso when you scream hjeal meh while the clerics positive energy busrt is affected
    Blashphemy!

Community Member

Oh man, how will I kill beholders now?

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    be quick
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Outdrink them. No need to kill them.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Of all the things to "fix" about SLA's this has me the least concerned. There are far more annoying things they could have done to nerf SLA's. This will be barely noticeable unless players stand around in beholder beams for minutes at a time.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Take Enlarge!

(Only half-joking, it's seriously awesome for beholders.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Quote Originally Posted by SinnJinn2 View Post
    Thank you devs! This has annoyed me for years!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

I wonder how fastidious the devs were about this. For instance, are all of the paladin's abilities (smite evil, lay on hands, divine grace, divine health, aura, etc...) turned off by anti-magic fields now? What do the palemaster forms count as?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Default Heya devs..

How bout an exact specific list of the exact SLAs that are affected with this stick in the ey...err I mean...with this change?
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature".

Quote Originally Posted by Cardtrick View Post
    Take Enlarge!

(Only half-joking, it's seriously awesome for beholders.)
    I take enlarge as often as I can. It's great for a lot of things.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    How bout an exact specific list of the exact SLAs that are affected with this stick in the ey...err I mean...with this change?
    cleric positive energy burst, fvs asendancy healing word, bf communion of scribing and exalted angel avenging light are the ones i've tested so far.the ones that i've found still work are lay on hands, dragonmarks and the divine disciple slas

Community Member

Angry

horrendous detestable blah. clerics must seriously be hated in this game.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, I do sort of wonder what the OP actually thought the term anti-magic field was intended to mean. To me it reads "Magic of any sort doesn't work here". But that could be my tabletop background and many dm's who got a kick outta using them in creatively timed ways talking.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Well, I do sort of wonder what the OP actually thought the term anti-magic field was intended to mean. To me it reads "Magic of any sort doesn't work here". But that could be my tabletop background and many dm's who got a kick outta using them in creatively timed ways talking.
    That would apply to bard songs and weapon buffs then too, as well as all magical item/potion/scroll/augment properties being supressed until they leave the field. A typical DDO character currently having +10-11 stats, deathblock, magical HP, magical weapons, etc, would be in big trouble, if the games version is adherant to the "Magic of any sort doesn't work here" definition.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    That would apply to bard songs and weapon buffs then too, as well as all magical item/potion/scroll/augment properties being supressed until they leave the field. A typical DDO character currently having +10-11 stats, deathblock, magical HP, magical weapons, etc, would be in big trouble, if the games version is adherant to the "Magic of any sort doesn't work here" definition.
    Mordenkainen's Disjunction effects for everyone! Enjoy your time in the Magical Free zone; where all your dreams are met with a Monster's inherit ability that is not affected by it's own anti-magic.

Wait... I sense a paradox forming
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

I am glad they did this. The next fix would be to dispel magical items from providing bonuses; so suddenly those coming to tank on them have less dps, to hits, effects, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast