Default Best low tierabilities to twist

I haven't seen a post about this, so i open a new post

When you are at the beginning of Epic Destinies, you don't have lot of fate point, so you are limited to Tier 1 & Tier 2 twists
    What are the best tier-1 or tier-2 abilities to twist

Of course the answer depend of your class

So the question is
    A) what ares the best tier-1 and tier-2 abilities to twist for a melee fighter
    B) what ares the best tier-1 and tier-2 abilities to twist for a wizard

For a pure fighter I'd say cocoon is the best, I also like brace for impact. Then depending on what ED you're in I'd say Primal scream if you're in Legendary Dreadnought, and tactical DCs if you're in fury (presuming you have stunning blow). Then of course momentum swing is brilliant if you're not in Legendary Dreadnought.

I'd twist cocoon primal scream and brace for impact (swap out for sense weakness when you get it) while in Legendary Dreadnought, and cocoon, primal scream and momentum swing while in an off ED.

For a pure wiz I like DCs from magister and unearthly reactions. From exalted angel I like endless faith and for light heavy quests embrace the light is good if you're undead. If none of that interests you, you can always twist in +1 int. You also might consider twisting cocoon. I myself like it as I max out heal skill for negative spell power. You might be thinking "but im undead I can just hit the aura/burst." well there will be times when you dont want to be undead, or if you run EE with all that pos spell power from heal skill a cocoon here and there on party members can save alot of pots and possibly stop a wipe. So I like to take cocoon just incase.

When I'm a wiz I run in magister with endless faith, cocoon and +1int. (I dont have energy burst from draconic yet or I'd twist that instead of endless faith)
    When in another ED I swap the +1 int for the DCs from magister.

If you're a shiradi spammer endless faith, unearthly reactions and cocoon are probably your best bet.
    Last edited by gelack; 02-28-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    Tiagarit [Cleric]
    Crimson Eagles

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gelack View Post
    You also might consider twisting cocoon. I myself like it as I max out heal skill for negative spell power. You might be thinking "but im undead I can just hit the aura/burst." well there will be times when you dont want to be undead, or if you run EE with all that pos spell power from heal skill a cocoon here and there can save alot of pots and possibly stop a wipe. So I like to take cocoon just incase.
    If you're undead Cocoon won't heal you ofcourse, but it will still provide +150 temp hp. That can be useful at times as well. Plus it can be used on groupmates, has a short cooldown and a low SP cost.

Imho Cocoon is useful no matter what your class combo is.

If you're centered, Dance of Flowers is an awesome Tier1 twist.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

A lot of it is situational.. cocoon is a no-brainer though Some notable ones i've found though..
    - Energy sheath: just select the element you'll need for the quest.
    - Avenging light: pretty much all the standard metas can be applied to it, so can deal good damage for low SP cost, a handy one for any caster.
    - Endless Faith: more SPs & larger threshold for echos of power, handy if you find yourself running low on SPs.. great if you're a self-healing melee type eg. bladeforged as 30SP is what reconstruct will cost
    - Fast healing: your mileage may vary, but can be useful to have occasional free healing.
    - Primal scream: the str & con bonus is nice.. also if you're a spellcaster especially, don't use it until you actually encounter the enemies, it can do a nice burst of damage.
    - Momentum swing: a nice heavy-hitting melee attack & you'll likely have cleave.. if running in fury, activate adrenaline then follow up with this
    - unearthly reactions: reflex saves, dodge & can tumble through things if you get caught in a corner, handy for anyone.
    - sigil of lifeshielding: somewhat situational, but does quite a lot more damage to undead than it's tooltip suggests, good in thunderholme
    - Insidious spores: have recently rather come to like this.. higher SP cost than many other SLAs but can still be meta'ed, essentially a poison/rust damage version of the lightning & cold DoTs, surprisingly effective.
    - Fey Form: some DR & stacking spellpower, rather useful
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gelack View Post
    If you're a shiradi spammer endless faith, unearthly reactions and cocoon are probably your best bet.
    Part of the point of being a shiradi spammer is sustainable damage, so I don't agree with endless faith. Unless you are a fleshy sorc, I don't agree with cocoon either.

Unearthly reactions is great although sometimes I swap it out for embrace the light in quests where the light damage can one shot my palemaster.

Even in its partially nerfed form, toss boulder is still one of the better first tier twists. It is mana free damage and helps provide burst damage. I'm not sure it works as well for a sorc though, arcane mastery helps me a lot with it. If you didn't like toss boulder, consecrate damage from crusader is actually pretty nice although it is neither free nor burst damage.

I personally like the following - usage depends on quests, build etc....note I am omitting stuff I think isn't worth twisting but some stuff I did include may be junk in certain builds so don't get yer ginch in a bunch.

Tier 2
    • Shadowdancer Lithe - +6 reflex, AC and MDB is really handy on any rogue/ranger based evasion type.
    • Magister - Spell School - +3 to dcs - caster only obviously
    • GMoF - Flurry of blows - 3% doublestrike - not bad - not great
    • GMoF - Running with the wind - +12 elec resist stacking - 30% run speed....drop striders? still just OK but situationally usefull
    • LD - Momentum swing as mentioned
    • LD - Improve PA - +.5W
    • LD - Action boost damage - if you don't already have it from Class Enhancements
    • Shiradi - Pin works with throwers....adds some CC to your mele

Tier 1
    • Primal - Cocoon - cheap spot healing
    • Shiradi - Healing Spring - free dot healing - but twisted I think you only get one per shrine
    • LD - Tactics - +6 to tactics - nice for tactics users not in LD(??)
    • GMoF - Dance of flowers - if centered
    • GMoF - Perfect balance +3% dodge could round out a build
    • US(and Divine Crusader ) - Bane of Undeath - for 2 level pally splashes needing turns to fuel Divine Might
    • US - Brace for Impact - 40% fort, +2 to all saves - very nice
    • Exalted - Endless faith - 10% more SP and 30SP echoes if you have it
    • Unearthly reactions - +3 dodge+6 reflex - hard not to slot this
    • Draconic - Energy Sheath - 50% energy absorption more situational but hard not to slot - my only problem is swapping it from Elec. in FOT to Fire in Fire Peaks gets expensive when you have a full tree....I have the plat I am just a cheap old man.

Personally I run alot in LD soloing EH with a hire so I twist mostly reflex saves (lithe and unearthly). But for EE I would take much more consideration to the needs of the quest. Also if I am farming up a different ED then it would change again depending on the ED I am in and the quests I am doing.
    Last edited by Spoonwelder; 04-29-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More