Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Welp, no testing for me then.
    Don't worry, you'll have more fun finding the bugs on live.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    No it doesn't "ruin" fights it fixes them. Spell like abilities in pnp are subject to magic suppression just like spells are.
    Oh good. so Beholders now just Suppress our buffs instead of dispelling them? Cool. that seems like a reasonable trade.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Oh good. so Beholders now just Suppress our buffs instead of dispelling them? Cool. that seems like a reasonable trade.
    Nope, just tested it. My PL MM didn't work and they still dispell. It would be nice if they slipped that fix in there too.
    Last edited by Satyriasys; 02-27-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Epic Moment Counters should no longer be reset when you go through a portal within a quest.

Just tested in Madstone (EN). Just now. Today's "Final Round" BUILD. Going through a portal (into caves) resets both the counter buildup of Master's Blitz AND resets active stack of Master's Blitz (was 10 when I went into the cave) and all the blitz icons are gone once in the cave.

TEH LAME. GO FIX. Tired of swapping to Fury for some quests.
    Ugh, seriously? Come on, devs, you got me all excited with the release note that's been there for how many previews? Surely that wasn't just a cruel tease.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Ugh, seriously? Come on, devs, you got me all excited with the release note that's been there for how many previews? Surely that wasn't just a cruel tease.
    This needs to be answered now!
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Ok, if you are going to take it that that extreme then you have to nullify magic weapons, items and armor from functioning as well.

"Magic items with continuous effects do not function in the area of an antimagic effect, but their effects are not canceled (so the contents of a bag of holding are unavailable, but neither spill out nor disappear forever)."

A normal creature can enter the area, as can normal missiles. Furthermore, while a magic sword does not function magically within the area, it is still a sword (and a masterwork sword at that). The spell has no effect on golems and other constructs that are imbued with magic during their creation process and are thereafter self-supporting (unless they have been summoned, in which case they are treated like any other summoned creatures). Elementals, corporeal undead, and outsiders are likewise unaffected unless summoned. These creatures’ spell-like or supernatural abilities, however, may be temporarily nullified by the field. Dispel magic does not remove the field, though Mage's Disjunction might.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/antimagicField.htm
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

No it doesn't "ruin" fights it fixes them. Spell like abilities in pnp are subject to magic suppression just like spells are.
    yes, as are all magic effects and summons. I don't think it is fair to suppress SLAs and not magic items, armor and equipment. either go all the way or keep it as it is. This is a BS change that isn't fair for casters.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Are dragonmarks going to continue to work in an anti-magic field?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Yeah I have to agree with this... Beholders used to be a very scary encounter for a caster... I think this is probably a good change.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    This is a BS change that isn't fair for casters.
    Beholders are specifically the monsters designed to thwart casters... It is BS that casters aren't scared of beholders at all in the current game.

Get the enlarge feat, or sneak up carefully behind a beholder if you want to cast a spell on it... I used to carry enlarge just for this reason before SLAs became so common.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Beholders are specifically the monsters designed to thwart casters... It is BS that casters aren't scared of beholders at all in the current game.

Get the enlarge feat, or sneak up carefully behind a beholder if you want to cast a spell on it... I used to carry enlarge just for this reason before SLAs became so common.
    No, Beholders are not monsters specifically designed to thwart casters. They can neg level, FoD, disintegrate and other nasty things. Yes it is harder on casters but their anti-magic field is supposed to nullify all magic and magic effects, not just spells.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

I usually scorching ray or meteor swarm them which works fine from a distance but if you are trapped in a tight space (e.g. mirror darkly) you would be totally useless and piking. So, I don't think this will make casters a lot more afraid of them but just resent having to do quests that have beholders in confined areas.

And, again, why only selectively apply anti-magic field effects that screw casters over but don't affect non-casters?
    Last edited by Hathorian; 02-28-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Community Member

Are dragonmarks going to continue to work in an anti-magic field?
    Yes i have tested the dragonmarks and they are still working as well as the cleric searing light sla. Unfortunately communion of scribing, avenging light, healing word and positive energy burst are dead

Quote Originally Posted by SinnJinn2 View Post
    Yes i have tested the dragonmarks and they are still working as well as the cleric searing light sla. Unfortunately communion of scribing, avenging light, healing word and positive energy burst are dead
    Dragonmarks are spell-like abilities that certain races can acquire as racial feats and enhancements.

So why are Dragonmarks still working?

Devs...please remove this change from u21 so you have time to properly implement it in a patch sometime in March.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Just tested in Madstone (EN). Just now. Today's "Final Round" BUILD. Going through a portal (into caves) resets both the counter buildup of Master's Blitz AND resets active stack of Master's Blitz (was 10 when I went into the cave) and all the blitz icons are gone once in the cave.
    We are investigating this, but so far have not been able to trigger the disappearance of the effects you have described. If you haven't already, could you please file a bug report with the specific portal you used in Madstone Crater and as much information about your character as possible? Thanks!

In the meantime, we'll continue actively investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    Even with in the final round the shuriken crit range is not fixed (just tested it on Lamaland) despite Vargouille saying otherwise here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e7#post5260545
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    Even with in the final round the shuriken crit range is not fixed (just tested it on Lamaland) despite Vargouille saying otherwise here
    I personally tested this, so we're happy to hear more information on exactly what you were testing and how. Bug reports (with full Steps To Reproduce) are very useful here. My apologies if I got hopes up and there's still an issue.

Ninja Master was working with a greensteel shuriken, and the threat range change was also reflected on the weapon's tooltip. Please make sure to specify what abilities (including other abilities that may affect criticals), classes, and exact weapon used in testing in any bug reports, or it's very difficult to figure out what's causing the problem.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 02-28-2014 at 09:56 AM.

To be fair, Beholders aren't technically supposed to be able to use their eyestalk abilities on targets in the antimagic field their main eye casts. They're supposed to close their main eye to do that, or just use their eyestalks on folks who are behind or to the side of the beholder.

Edit to add: Besides, Golems are the creatures specifically designed to be caster killers. Beholders were melee killers in PnP: Enervation, Curse, then FoD.
    Last edited by Alavatar; 02-28-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    I personally tested this, so we're happy to hear more information on exactly what you were testing and how. Bug reports (with full Steps To Reproduce) are very useful here. My apologies if I got hopes up and there's still an issue.

Ninja Master was working with a greensteel shuriken, and the threat range change was also reflected on the weapon's tooltip. Please make sure to specify what abilities (including other abilities that may affect criticals), classes, and exact weapon used in testing in any bug reports, or it's very difficult to figure out what's causing the problem.
    I am a 20 level monk of course with 5 epic levels on Lamannia.

I was using a ML24 spelltouched shuriken but tested it again with a ML12 random loot shuriken from the auction house with the same results.

The tooltip shows a threat range of 18-20 (it even does on the live servers) but actually it should show a threat range of 15-20 because i have the Improved Critical:Thrown feat (unless ninja master is not meant to stack with IC:thrown). The Details on the inventory panel for the weapons only show a crit range of 19-20 though. In any case when attacking a kobold in the dojo the combat log neither gives me a critical hit on a roll of 17 or 18 but just on a 19 or 20:

Combat log shows:

(Combat): You attack Kobold. You roll a 18 (+53): you hit!

The same for a roll of 17 and both rolls don't do additional damage you would expect from a critical roll and neither proc "on critical" weapon enhancements.

While a roll of 19 shows:
    (Combat): You attack Kobold. You roll a 19 (+58): you critical hit!
    (Combat): You roll to confirm a critical on Kobold. You roll a 7 (+64): Critical Hit!

There are no other effects that would have an impact on crit range or multiplier. I was in Fatesinger when i tested it on Lamannia but changing the ED does not change the results. This is the exact same behaviour we have currently on the life servers.

When exchanging the IC:Thrown feat against the Toughness feat the Tooltip as well as the Details on the inventory panel only show me a crit range of 20 (while it should show 18-20) and when i attack a kobold in the dojo a 19 does not count as a critical hit anymore (even in combat log) so only the IC:Thrown feat is working but not the Ninja Master core enhancement.

I cannot check a greensteel shuriken since character copy does not work with the character i have built as a thrower on the life server.

Since the Lamannia Release Notes do not list any changes to thrown weapons i think that maybe even if the bugfix would work it is simply not on Lamannia yet.
    Last edited by Firewall; 03-01-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: corrected the expected crit range with IC:Thrown to 15-20
    Shuricannon 2.0 Drow 20 Monk Thrower for DPS, Nethercannon Shadar-Kai 15 Pal/3 Monk/2 Rog Thrower for Past Lifes
    Shiradi Shuricannon Drow 20 Monk Thrower for Defense, Shiradi Warcannon Warforged 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rog Thrower...Throwers for the win

i guess on that note it will be fine. i didnt play pnp as much. i guess i can't argue with that if they try to keep it to pnp. just means tactics can be used to fight them making them tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    yes, as are all magic effects and summons. I don't think it is fair to suppress SLAs and not magic items, armor and equipment. either go all the way or keep it as it is. This is a BS change that isn't fair for casters.
    I don't see the big deal, and I play MOSTLY casters (including a full heal specced cleric and a DC based PM). I never used my SLAs on Beholders anyway as I assumed they didn't work. I will approach this the same way I always have...run around the beholder, try to get behind it and cast from there.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast