Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Update 21 - Final Round

We've updated Lamannia once again!

Squeak will update the release notes and known issues shortly!

Epic Fail
    Orien server

do we get devs droppig stuff so we can craft thunderforged stuff to check if everything works then finally?

How's character copy coming?

Did you fix Sorcerers' Wand and Scroll mastery yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    How's character copy coming?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5264496
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Even with in the final round the shuriken crit range is not fixed (just tested it on Lamaland) despite Vargouille saying otherwise here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e7#post5260545

How is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Firewall View Post
    How is that possible?
    Is that a serious question? We all know how it is possible and more accurately, how it is expected.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Welp, no testing for me then.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Lamannia Release Notes and Known Issues

Release Notes and Known Issues have been updated.
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

Epic Moment Counters should no longer be reset when you go through a portal within a quest.

Just tested in Madstone (EN). Just now. Today's "Final Round" BUILD. Going through a portal (into caves) resets both the counter buildup of Master's Blitz AND resets active stack of Master's Blitz (was 10 when I went into the cave) and all the blitz icons are gone once in the cave.

TEH LAME. GO FIX. Tired of swapping to Fury for some quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

+6 tomes are in the daily dice?

Do they work now?

are the upgrade tomes available in loot tables where you could find +5s?

For that matter, what's the status of +4 tomes in random loot these days, is that information secret now? It no longer matches what we were last publicly told, at any rate, but bug reports aren't added to the Known Issues either. Should I bug report every +3 tome that drops in lvl 27+ loot? Or just lvl 31+ loot?

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Release Notes and Known Issues have been updated.
    NEW: Many spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities now correctly cannot be used in anti-magic fields.

Wait a sec...SLAs are abilities, not spells. I think they should work in anti-magic fields. Magical items sure do.
    Last edited by Hathorian; 02-27-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

can +6 tomes drop in the game first before getting them from free or AS DD rolls? this is only providing me with fuel for the fire.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Default Doubleshot Bonus to AA but no DWS?

Ranger Arcane Archer

• NEW: The Arcane Archer Core capstone has been redesigned (for both Ranger and Elven versions), and now does this:
      • "Mystical Archer: You gain +2 Dexterity and +20% Doubleshot chance."
    Devs, can Deepwood Stalker get a 20% Doubleshot bonus as well? Deepwood, despite opportunities to boost melee effectiveness, significantly leans towards being a Ranged damage tree but only has a short-lived Doubleshot bonus through Killer. Being permanently in PBS range, 1 sneak attack dice and 20 positive spell power is not nearly the buff it seems to be on paper, especially considering DDO's tendency for close-quarter combat in dungeons and a Doubleshot boost of 20% could significantly boost the viability of a pure Ranged DWS character and allow DWS to compete with AA for ranged damage output. AAs already dominate Ranger toons who focus on ranged combat, with this change and a lack of a boost to DWS, there is little reason to invest heavily in DWS as a pure Ranger. If the Devs are determined to balance Rangers with Doubleshot increases (which may be the only way to do it without nerfs), I sincerely hope they look into providing sustainable/passive bonuses to Doubleshot in the DWS tree (Fighter capstone even has a Doubleshot passive, but DWS doesn't? Come on Devs....)
    Last edited by Grizzt14; 02-27-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Degenerate Matter
    Argonnessen

Grizzt
    Ivandria
    Sazcir
    Halania
    Tazaras
    Karjya
    Shintao Monk Henshin Mystic Mechanic Artificer Tempest

Archmage
    (Retired)
    Air Savant
    (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    NEW: Many spell-like abilities and supernatural abilities now correctly cannot be used in anti-magic fields.

Wait a sec...SLAs are abilities, not spells. I think they should work in anti-magic fields. Magical items sure do.
    Don't worry, they'll kill wands and scrolls next. Because, y'know, those aren't already enough of a set of failed plat-sinks post level 10-12ish barring heal scrolls.
    Last edited by Scraap; 02-27-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We've updated Lamannia once again!

Squeak will update the release notes and known issues shortly!
    just wondering, any chance that this minor change will make it in before the live version?

Nope, both SLA and Supernatural abilities should not work in antimagic fields. Extraordinary abilities, however, do.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    [Spell-Like Abilities] do not function in areas where magic is suppressed or negated.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

yeah i was wondering why this got screwed on. that really ruins those fight in a way. they were abilities not spells. so either a you have to melee, be out of the range or out of the field. i think this will probably annoy a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    yeah i was wondering why this got screwed on. that really ruins those fight in a way. they were abilities not spells. so either a you have to melee, be out of the range or out of the field. i think this will probably annoy a lot of people
    No it doesn't "ruin" fights it fixes them. Spell like abilities in pnp are subject to magic suppression just like spells are.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast