Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Join channel social

Let me try this. I was on Cannith on Monday, and "social" was not taken, so let's see if this works.

type /joinchannel social

If it is your first channel, after this you can use /1 to talk to channel. For example type "/1 hello".
    Every time you log, you will see how many people are online in the channel. Let's see if we can create a channel for grouping, raiding and talking about the game. Ask people in the channel to come quest with you, or ask about gear/quests/builds, which ever you want. I wish this to be an open channel for anyone.

I will be back on Cannith next Monday at the latest to check in with you guys.

P.S. If you for some reason do not wish to stay, the command for leaving channel is /leavechannel [name]. Channels also get removed when reincarnating.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    My characters: Micki's Delirium\Characters
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien

Let me put it simple, on cannith we have such a immature popularity that most public, correction, all public channels get massacred by trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Let me put it simple, on cannith we have such a immature popularity that most public, correction, all public channels get massacred by trolls.
    Simile: Godwin's Law. But, maybe they have been contained in Cannithtrade. Would the CT trolls be able to handle trolling multiple channels? Are they cornered in CT? It's really 2-4 players though who are trolling CT. Time will tell. +1 to ambition of trying a new channel. Just don't spread the word around in harbor chat, but someone reading this will prob send tell to "that guy" to join this channel so it will be heavily trolled outright. k thx

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

I have joined the Social Channel. Most I have seen in it has been THREE.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

It's still getting started. Feel free to ask others to join. I'll work on advertising it when I'm on.

I did join the cannithtrade channel too, and I'd love Social to be different from the pvp talk in cannithtrade

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    It's still getting started. Feel free to ask others to join. I'll work on advertising it when I'm on.

I did join the cannithtrade channel too, and I'd love Social to be different from the pvp talk in cannithtrade

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    but someone reading this will prob send tell to "that guy" to join this channel so it will be heavily trolled outright.

We all know who "that guy" is and it is 95% of the time he who brings up PvP on Cannithtrade.
    Unfortunately some people haven't learned yet that there is a squelch function and many more can't stand seeing just one side of a conversation {I can't believe I just used the word "conversation" to describe all night long troll fights!}.

At the very least - A warning to newbies to Chat Channels: DON'T let anyone drag you into PvP trash talk! And Especially DON'T let that "one guy" goad you into accepting a PvP duel with him!
    You may win over and over again but it will make no difference - He will NOT STOP!

Cannithtrade was a fantastic idea and it used to function well as a way to trade no matter where you were when you posted - Unlike the standard Trade Channel which is Instance Based Userchat Channels cover the entire Server!

Unfortunately there's people out there amongst the PvP crowd who just love to troll - We've all seen it in the Harbour daily!
    Once they get into a Userchat Channel many more people quickly leave said channel!

DON'T leave the Channel - Simply Squelch the Trolls!

P.S. I'm currently in 2 Channels on Sarlona - Defense and Help - as well as now being in 2 on Cannith - Cannithtrade and Social!
    Standard peak and off-peak numbers seem to imply that Cannithtrade is STILL pretty highly regarded as it regularly has 150-200% more members than Defense of Sarlona which regularly has about 800% more members than Help of Sarlona which has about 4 times the numbers of Social of Cannith {the New Channel advertised in this thread which when I logged on today had 2 Members!

Cannithtrade regularly hits 60-70 members at peak time while Defense seems to hover between 30 and 50!

An Open Userchannel which all of the above are should be available to all and known of by all - We should be seeing triple the numbers above at all times of day or night on these channels.
    Otherwise they just become Cliques!

Go ahead and advertise the Social Channel in Harbour Chat/Market Chat/Korthos even!
    The Trolls will find out about it anyway - All that's being accomplished by the non-advertisement of these channels is to allow the Trolls to win!

(UserChat1): You joined room 'Cannithtrade' (UserChat1). Number of members: 15.

(UserChat2): You joined room 'Social' (UserChat2). Number of members: 2.

I know it's not quite 1pm GMT {8am EST} but wow!

And for Comparison - Over on Sarlona:

(UserChat1): You joined room 'help' (UserChat1). Number of members: 2.

(UserChat2): You joined room 'defense' (UserChat2). Number of members: 6.
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 03-05-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

I agree, that it's better to advertise this channel and squelch trolls, than worry about trolls joining.

I would love to get an active social channel going, where ppl can ask for advice, talk and ask ppl to come join quests/raids.

Community Member

Would be nice to split trade channel and spam one, atm trading on cannith is hard coz few ppl cares cannithtrade, 90% is spam
    Leamos --> Completionist + Epic Completionist

Arena PVP matchs are the only real end-game... still waiting that community will understand and let turbine to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameDiablo View Post
    Would be nice to split trade channel and spam one, atm trading on cannith is hard coz few ppl cares cannithtrade, 90% is spam
    Would be nicer if the Devs would just do what they should have done in the first place...Which is make /T-Trade and /A-Advice cover the entire Server rather than be confined to zones like Marketplace, Harbor or The Twelve.

/G-Guildchat works Server Wide!

/1-4-Userchats work Server Wide!

General is confined to Zones and makes /Say pretty much Pointless.

Why oh Why do Trade and Advice have to be also confined to Zones?

We shouldn't have to create a Userchat for Trades in the first place!

Oh and if the GMs would start taking notice of the In-Game Report buttons {Report Harrasment or Report Spam} and actually Police the Chat Channels Properly there would be a lot less issues with the like of Cannithtrade or Sarlona's Defense Channel becoming Havens for Such.

P.S. I'm not having a go at either of these channels - The majority of people who use them are perfectly fine - Unfortunately the Minority ruin them for everyone!

Sarlona has had the "Help" Channel now for quite some time - Type /joinchannel Help to join.
    This was created after people realized that the "Defense" Channel was not how it had been advertized...A Channel dedicated to helping Newbies learn Raids.
    The "Help" Channel however hardly ever {from my experience} surpasses a handful of members - Pretty much every time I log on to Sarlona no matter what the time of day it will state Number of Members 1,2 or if lucky 3!

The "Defense" Channel is very much a clique too in that it's standard numbers seems to be around 30 {sometimes lower, sometimes higher but I've never seen more than 50 in there!}.

On Cannith - Cannithtrade gets up to 75 thereabouts at Peak Hours
    And now we have /Social - Basically the issue is that we don't want /Social to become another /Help with only a handful of players using it!

Look - There is No Requirement for joining a Userchat Channel or for staying in one in DDO - Some People start Passworded Userchat Channels where there are requirements BUT the likes of Cannithtrade, Defense, Help and Social are open to ALL!

I honestly don't know about the channels on other Servers other than that they all have Open Channels - Even Wayfinder!!!

Cannith

Cannithtrade = /joinchannel Cannithtrade {Pretty certain the Capitalization is not necessary but I put it in anyway}.
    Social = /joinchannel Social

Sarlona

Defense = /joinchannel Defense
    Help = /joinchannel Help

If you ever want to Leave a Channel {there's only 4 Userchats able to be used at one time I believe} then just type /Leavechannel ???

On Cannith I have Cannithtrade set up as Userchat 1 and therefore type /1 before my messages for that channel
    I have Social set up as Userchat 2 and therefore have to type /2 to send messages there.

On Sarlona I use the same set up for Help and Defense chatchannels.

However I have also removed the "Combat" tab as I never look at it from my Chatbox and replaced it with a new Default tab {The name can be changed} which is set to Userchat 1.
    I then make sure that all the other stuff {General, Standard, Combat etc. is Switched off for this Chattab so that I can quickly and clearly see what People are typing.
    I tend to leave Advice and Trade on for this tab as it allows me to concentrate on 2 tabs - Guild {which also has Party Chat enabled} and Default {which has Userchats, Trade, Advice enabled}.

If I really want to read the trashtalk in the Harbour then I can simply switch to General Chat whilst in said Zone!

P.S. There is a Channel /joinchannel Lobsterchat on Cannith for the PvPers - It would be nice if they used it!

My apologies for resurrecting a thread that is over a month old, but I suppose that's the rub when one does not visit the forums often.

Micki, you stated you frequent Cannith on Mondays? If you don't mind my asking, roughly what time frame is your usual? Generally, I have myself scheduled for playing DDO on Monday evenings (Central Time) after eight or nine until late-night. During this time, I'm not doing anything aside from soloing and/or grinding EDs.

As far as the /social channel, I'm guessing this is still in use? If so, I will join this when I next log in. I fully admit to not knowing a whole lot of folks on Cannith despite being here for about a year or two. Shyness mostly.
    Nux Ssaparra
    Minion Monday Host & Caller of Cookie Storms
    www.twitch.tv/nuxssaparra

Quote Originally Posted by Xla View Post
    I'm strongly convinced that you will one day miss those whom you have called 'trolls' and didn't want to have a word with.
    Easy enough to find them. Just look in the Lobster

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Hi everyone. Social is still active and looking for more joiners. Don't be scared, it's meant to be a place where anyone can ask questions about anything, and ask for help to run stuff. This channel hasn't really taken off, so I would love to get some help from ppl who play frequently on Cannith.

I play on Cannith usually Mondays 9pm (EST+7) for 2-3h. Currently I am on vacation, though, and I will be away the next 3 Mondays.

For anyone scared of the pvp "trolls", so far the pvp talk seems to be concentrated in cannithtrade.

I agree, that it's better to advertise this channel and squelch trolls, than worry about trolls joining.
    You're so mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Xla View Post
    I'm strongly convinced that you will one day miss those whom you have called 'trolls' and didn't want to have a word with.
    <3
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    You're so mean.
    aww.

aww.
    aww Micki you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind HEY MICKI! HEY MICKI!

source:

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    aww Micki you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind HEY MICKI! HEY MICKI!
    I've heard that quite a few times. But I don't mind

Despite my generally off peak play times I will surely make an effort to drop by on /social or /3 as it will be for me, I would also encourage people to invite friends to the chat, as someone who mostly plays EH it's never ver difficult to find a group but always nice to get people along for the ride. Especially on the days where I don't mind having newbies along . I hope this becomes a regular raid and epic group channel cos I always enjoy a good chat!

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodskittle View Post
    Despite my generally off peak play times I will surely make an effort to drop by on /social or /3 as it will be for me, I would also encourage people to invite friends to the chat, as someone who mostly plays EH it's never ver difficult to find a group but always nice to get people along for the ride. Especially on the days where I don't mind having newbies along . I hope this becomes a regular raid and epic group channel cos I always enjoy a good chat!
    thank you