Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Well, I sort of liked the idea of 400% pots, but people would just run VON 3 and shadow crypt so it really wouldn't help that much.
    How about 400% boost on first run only. Now each quest that you haven't run is worth far more than each one you have run.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    How about 400% boost on first run only. Now each quest that you haven't run is worth far more than each one you have run.
    Won't matter for squat with ETR.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Won't matter for squat with ETR.
    ETR? Whats that?

Id rather play through the best designed content in this game. Heroics. I still keep a few capped on each server for when the new endgame stuff comes out.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Ottos Leveling stone did not cause the problem of not having characters in a level range, it is just the scape goat everyone is pointing at.

In order for it to be the cause, majority must be doing it. I don't believe the majority are not buying Ottos boxes. Many people I know in game don't use these boxes as it is beyond there budget to do so. I do know some that received one as a Christmas gift. There are a couple I know that have the extra money to use this method, but they are not the majority.

the reason so many are not seeing as many people in there level range is because there is a larger spread of levels. It is realy that simple.

ETR? Whats that?
    Turbine's lame excuse for an end-game.

ETR? Whats that?
    He means Reincarnations - even though I don't consider that end game content I just consider that a tapped on extra for those who are bored with their cleric that can't do any damage e.g. me. Also I don't think it's a lame concept it gives the game alot more re-playability I wouldn't even dream of having another character because having 2 level 20s would just get very stale fast.

Its a combination of things not just the boxes alone of course.

lol those boxes id wager make up at least 15% of this games gross income. The things are literally a commodity used for trading in game. I don't see turbine ever giving those things up.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    lol those boxes id wager make up at least 15% of this games gross income. The things are literally a commodity used for trading in game. I don't see turbine ever giving those things up.
    Trading for what? What of any value is being traded for boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by TanisSutton View Post
    Well that and... the fact that whenever someone does put up a LFM and they're in the quest they have to go through the usual grunt work when it comes to letting a player join.

Where's the quest?
    Do I need a quest to do this quest?
    Share Quest Plox
    I'll be there in a second I just got to go sell, bank and tell this person what a noob he is

All this could be solved with a simple - "You do not meet the set requirements to join this instance" message when they try to join a group and/or a quest instance teleport spell. It would be less time consuming and I would be more friendly to the idea of letting the blind and helpless join my group.
    A while back when "Auto Group" was made, they talked about it having a teleport feature that would send whoever joined into the quest, but somehow that just never went anywhere.

I thought that would have been a great feature to have, seems I was not alone, but also, it just never got off the ground.

not much now, but before could trade some EE GH items or combination of them for the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    not much now, but before could trade some EE GH items or combination of them for the boxes.
    This is it's own can of worms, just saying.

please tell me you are not seriously asking that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    A while back when "Auto Group" was made, they talked about it having a teleport feature that would send whoever joined into the quest, but somehow that just never went anywhere.

I thought that would have been a great feature to have, seems I was not alone, but also, it just never got off the ground.
    I think, these "Rings of Friendship" where going into this direction. But Turbine wanted to monetize on such a (never really working out) concept and most players saw this as the rip-off it is. I think I still have mine from the sample days...

Selling chunks of xp (i.e. selling character progression) is a fail in game design.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Selling chunks of xp (i.e. selling character progression) is a fail in game design.
    The gamer vs marketting guy sides of me tell me that this is true... until your customers start buying into it. Then it becomes a good game design as long as it works.

Unfortunately, not for the players. But when I ask myself "what would I buy?", there's not much beside that since I don't really want free character power that could be obtained in-game or fluff. There's convenience like bank space, an augment bag, character slots, etc. but they can't just come up with new stuff like that all the time, that wouldn't be well perceived and for good reasons.

So I guess it caters to a different kind of customers (pay to save time or catch up friends?) and actually has it place from a business point of view. It's also really easy to just not pay for it...
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    So I guess it caters to a different kind of customers (pay to save time or catch up friends?) and actually has it place from a business point of view. It's also really easy to just not pay for it...
    So, to catch up with the powercheaters I should also ... buy stones? Hell no. It is pure p2w. Again bad game design. Look at me, look at me 87 bought past lives? Gear from ASAH? Complete set +5 store cheated tomes? What is the point at all?

Start a new p2w free server, I would be glad to play there as many others. Those discussions on forums would vanish too.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 02-25-2014 at 04:20 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

I have paid as little as 1.5 mill plat for one. In fact, I have paid for 3 of them since they have been back out and they were all really cheap. Thelanis is full of fat cats.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I have paid as little as 1.5 mill plat for one. In fact, I have paid for 3 of them since they have been back out and they were all really cheap. Thelanis is full of fat cats.
    I was going to say I would like one for that price but not really.............I would like one for that price then maybe trade it for a TP code maybe......i would pay double that, damn your fat cats in thelanis!!!!

For me if I have to skip a life on my toons might as well stop playing, but thats just me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post

It only worked with "public" groups and it was a little buggy. But it was a nice idea, it is a shame they didn't fix it.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast