Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    best place for non-pally levels is 3-20.
    I agree.

At two paladin levels, you get a boost to your saving throws based on your Charisma bonus. Once you have that, the next bonus of real interest (as others have mentioned) is the Zeal spell.

So, either take your two fighter levels at 3,4 to get the feats early and open the fighter enhancement lines. Or, push to 14 and take the fighter levels at 15/16.

If you're planning on staying in epic levels for a while (farming epic tokens and comms, earning epic destiny xp for fate points, etc) then you can save your two fighter level for 19 and 20. This gives you a chance to really see how a (mostly) pure paladin plays, and then you benefit from the extra feats during your epic play.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOBobC View Post
    I might need to read a bit more on the Wiki, but in later levels would just 1 or 2 Rogue levels get you enough Disable to be useful? My full blooded Rogue with maxed Disable will still blow up the occasional trap in Elite mode instances where things are only a level or two above me. If I've got 1 level of Rogue going up against traps in a level 10+ instance, is that going to be useful for anything (actual honest question, since I don't know the answer)?
    Levels don't matter (much). It's all about the skill points. It's pretty common to play trapper wizards who take 2 levels of rogue for the skills and evasion. Search for Ellis's "Pale Trapper" build. He goes into a pretty good explanation on why the skill points are allocated the way they are, and you can apply that information for other builds. Right now I'm using a similar plan for a cleric-rogue (18/2). There's not as much synergy as clerics depend on Wisdom, unlike wizards who are already maxxing out Intelligence. But, the role plays.

Adding a level of rogue later is crippling. You 'need' the 1st level on your character to get the extra rogue skill points. I've tried it both ways (adding a level of rogue in after 1st, and starting with 1 rogue level) and it makes the difference between a viable build or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12