Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Race

Default Gnomes

I have said it before, there is no piece of development in this game that should be prioritized over the inclusion of gnomes. They are a basic component of D&D and ought to have been in place long before now.

Remember when the game launched and there were no dragons and the running joke what "Dungeons & No Dragons:Stormreach" ? In my opinion the fact that 8 years in we don't have a core race is that level of wrong.

Are there other races that would be fun? Sure! A number of them. But gnomes should be in place.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Default New Races

I agree that Gnomes should be added as a playable race, especially since one of the original five storm lords (aka coin lords) is a gnome. Ever notice there's an empty seat in the palace audience room in Lordsmarch Plaza.

I would also like to see Kalashtar, Shifters, and Changelings added since they were unique to the Eberron setting like the WarForged.

gnomes add zero to the game...zero.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I have said it before, there is no piece of development in this game that should be prioritized over the inclusion of gnomes. They are a basic component of D&D and ought to have been in place long before now.

Remember when the game launched and there were no dragons and the running joke what "Dungeons & No Dragons:Stormreach" ? In my opinion the fact that 8 years in we don't have a core race is that level of wrong.

Are there other races that would be fun? Sure! A number of them. But gnomes should be in place.
    While Gnomes are a core race and have been in dnd forever they really don't add a thing to ddo except flavor

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    ....aaaaand just like in any other thread on this subject someone asks for Aasimar, of course only because they fit in so well and totally not because they have +2 to two stats without having any stat penalties.

I still think there is a reason why even in the Planescape setting Aasimar weren't among the added player races.
    A) +2 to 2 stats isn't that big of a deal if it was than Drow would be wicked OP instead of a JOKE

B) most people just want Aasimar (and tieflings) because their cool races...if you haven't noticed DDO unlike their MMOs perfect balance doesnt matter as much since its purely a co-op game.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post

If kobolds get turned into a player race, though, the one thing that absolutely MUST be implemented is the Kobold Hop. Possibly a fifth-tier ability, but they absolutely *have* to be able to climb up walls with it.
    Would be cool but could break alot of content so sadly I doubt we would see it

Quote Originally Posted by 9rileystep View Post
    In the spirit of some of the other suggestions:

"A small step for kobold, a giant leap for Kobold kind" - Leap through air 5x per day

"Kobold smell all, Kobold Omnisniffiant" - True seeing, 5 minute duration 5x per day (self only)

"Kobold think its a trap" - +1/2/3 to spot/search
    Oh I love em
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 03-02-2014 at 04:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Note, regarding inclusion in player races in tabletop - Aasimar, Tieflings, and Genasi are in the player race options for the Forgotten Realms. They're not really that rare in Faerun.

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    Note, regarding inclusion in player races in tabletop - Aasimar, Tieflings, and Genasi are in the player race options for the Forgotten Realms. They're not really that rare in Faerun.
    Oh my

Were the divines of that world mating with almost every human female or male they lay eyes on?

just wow, talk about that on a whole other level...

Yes for Kobolds! (And for all who say that Kobolds are weak, just go and complete Enter the Kobold with no deaths)

P.S Desaga rocks!

Also if you haven't noticed tieflings are EVERYWHERE in DDO and no tieflings are not inherently evil (nor are Aasimar inherently good)

Anyways I'd love to see Genasi too (sidenote: CANNOT wait to play some godlikes in Pillars of Eternity) they would make the perfect Gish lore wise. Stat wise in PnP each element has different stats but in DDO a combination would be best...probably +2 Str/Int, -2 Wis/Cha. Than w/ the enhancement tree they can be different based on elemental heritage

Quote Originally Posted by bennyson View Post
    Oh my

Were the divines of that world mating with almost every human female or male they lay eyes on?

just wow, talk about that on a whole other level...
    Actually it's more that humans will sleep with anything...there's a reason if your half-anything the assumption is that your other half is human.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 03-02-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Actually it's more that humans will sleep with anything...there's a reason if your half-anything the assumption is that your other half is human.
    Yup. That's what happens when James T Kirk discovered the TARDIS.

Community Member

Let's not encourage them to add anymore boring FR stuff to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post
    Aasimar, Tieflings and Genasi are not Forgotten Realms specific races (I loathe FR btw) just look around Eberron in DDO Tieflings are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Gronker View Post
    Yeah, let's just remove all the stuff in FR...

That leaves us with...warforged artificers. Get cracking on making the game as far from Forgotten Realms as possible!

Yeah, let's just remove all the stuff in FR...

That leaves us with...warforged artificers. Get cracking on making the game as far from Forgotten Realms as possible!
    You know that Forgotten realms isn't the "master" campaign setting or anything its just the generic one (ie. elves act like elves are expected to, etc.)...other realms have elves and fighters and whatnot to but Eberron like Dark Sun has a special unique flair to everything like their personalities, societies,etc. compared to their Forgotten realms counterparts...drow for example are more of a tribal nation than a matriarchy of murder and betrayal, whilst Halfings are nomads who ride around on dinosaurs. There's way more than that obviously but you get the idea
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 03-02-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Next race should either be Gnome or Kobold.
    Kobold.

because you know what little exists of the art department would just make a gnome be a bearded halfing.

1. Dragonkin
    2. Half blood demon
    3.Half celestial
    4.Ogre
    5.Minotaur
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    1. Dragonkin
    or Dragonborn or Draconians or any other version of that race works for me

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    2. Half blood demon
    3.Half celestial
    aka Tieflings and Aasimar

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    or Dragonborn or Draconians or any other version of that race works for me

aka Tieflings and Aasimar
    If you go to the Monster manual . go to the back there is a template for half demon and celestial they do not need too be.. Assimar or Tieflings
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Half-breed is a very different thing than Aasimar/Tiefling (aka - planetouched). Very, very different. In fact, in older editions, half-fiend had a specific name. Cambion.

I agree with the OP that we need aasimar or an equivalent, we are going on 8 years and there is still no wisdom focused race. No, I don't think gnomes or kobolds are worth it. We don't need another int or con race, and kobolds are just boring. You see them for the first few levels of Tr any never want to see them again.

A few other races also stated got my attention;
    Genasi - /signed : They would bring a lot to the game since the 4 types had different focuses.
    Air - Dex, Earth - Str, Fire - Int, Water - Wis
    Tiefling - /maybe signed : near equivalent to Aasimar, and the fit in ebberon
    Thri-Kreen - /signed : my favorite of all monsters a although with their 4 arms they'd be op. Would have to have A major str penalty(imagine 2 fury shots)
    Dragon or. - /signed but not signed : I made a post on this a while ago and someone pointed out from life, that dragon born would be killed on sight by elves or dragons(thinking hennespyra in market attacking you randomly)

If anything, would like to see a wis bonus class or genasi of all forms

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast