Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mega super ultra elitist!

Here is an idea for those Elitists: Get together choose a server and move there so you wont be bothered by us lowly new players, by us under-geared casual players who play just for the fun and the love of Dungeons and Dragons. Hmmm could some of you be the very reason this game is losing players??? (I'm too good to play with the likes of you lowly casual/hard players. I only run everything on ELITE because I am a GOD) Sometimes I just want to stop playing this game altogether because of these Elitist but then I remind myself that I'm not here for them I'm here because I love this game. So I pay my years vip and go forth and be conquered because I don't know any better, but hey I learn from my mistakes. I recall, reset, and try again.

I hear that cannith and wayfinder is super small compared to the other servers so just move to one of those so you wont be bothered by us casual lowly new players Make one of those servers for ELITIST ONLY and if you stayed your azzes on that server and never went to the other servers and degraded players on the other servers then I can almost guarantee you that over some time more players would come to this game and actually stay.

As my guild leader told me one time, dude half the fun of this game is watching how your gonna die, or how many times your gonna die.

popcorn!
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar paladin - Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Tagthor, barbarian shield-tank
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Define elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Define elitist.
    Somebody better at DDO than the OP.

Most of this degradation is self-inflicted. Not your guild leader, but here is some advice from someone that has seen it all.

If you do not know the quest, don’t join a “know it” LFM.
    If you don’t know what a tower, don’t join a “solo a tower” LFM.
    If you cannot bring your own heals, don’t join a BYOH party.
    If you don’t feel that your toon can contribute (not be a burden) in elite, don’t join an elite group.
    You’re not going to find a diamond ring in a crackerjack box.

Complaining about the elitist jerks is not the problem. The whole thing could be resolved if people would stick within their limits. Expecting everyone to get a diamond ring in that crackerjack box is not realistic; it is people are having entitlement issues.

P.S. I want to stay on Thelanis. All the people that can’t handle elite pay well for the items.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

2/10.

Lots of "if you dont do it my way go somewhere else" posts lately.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    The whole thing could be resolved if people would stick within their limits.
    That's easy to say, but harder to do if you're a noob. Many times, you might not know what your limits are, or even which limits are important for specific quests/purposes.

I'll take your ideas that people don't join pugs they can't handle, and suggest that it goes for vets too. If you can't handle a noob once in a while (let's face it, they're a dying breed. these problems don't come up nearly as often as they used to) don't pug. Stick with groups of folks you know or accept that sometimes pugs may slow you down a tad.

2016 DDO Players Council Sam1313's Avatar

Default Please NO!

No way little dude Cannith is just fine the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    That's easy to say, but harder to do if you're a noob. Many times, you might not know what your limits are, or even which limits are important for specific quests/purposes.

I'll take your ideas that people don't join pugs they can't handle, and suggest that it goes for vets too. If you can't handle a noob once in a while (let's face it, they're a dying breed. these problems don't come up nearly as often as they used to) don't pug. Stick with groups of folks you know or accept that sometimes pugs may slow you down a tad.
    If you cant heal yourself and you join byoh lfm, does that make you a noob or stupid?
    Why would someone join lfm if they cant do what is required.
    Its like there is last spot in group, lfm is for rogue, and pure barb hits the lfm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    If you cant heal yourself and you join byoh lfm, does that make you a noob or stupid?
    Why would someone join lfm if they cant do what is required.
    Its like there is last spot in group, lfm is for rogue, and pure barb hits the lfm.
    If you're a noob, you may not know what byoh even stands for. And yes, noobs are stupid. And we were all noobs at some point.

As far as barb joining an lfm for rogue, if you use the lfm tools properly, the barb would likely never even see the lfm for a rogue.

If you're a noob, you may not know what byoh even stands for. And yes, noobs are stupid. And we were all noobs at some point.

As far as barb joining an lfm for rogue, if you use the lfm tools properly, the barb would likely never even see the lfm for a rogue.
    How would he not see it?
    I always leave that option unchecked so I can see all lfms, especially now when people just go with default on epics, but I can join.
    HE cant ask what byoh means?
    Do you join something you dont know what is it about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    No way little dude Cannith is just DEAD the way it is.
    ftfy

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Somebody better at DDO than the OP.
    So, everyone except OP is elitist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Don’t worry; I have not posted an LFM in years. I like how you worded it though. God forbid that you would hold a new person to a standard, but we are quick to judge and yell at a vet.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

People arern't born elistist, it's a destination...following a long, painful, humbling AND FUN! journey. You instant gratification tweener Beliebers want to order wives, careers and pizza thru your iphones NAO! So Turbine let's you splash 8 levels of monk, gives you a free pinion and boom-shaka-lackah you're fake uber in under a week.

Problem is the nub sheen is still there. Vets have vision like Abbot tiles goggles. Not fooling anyone. We see it.

Enjoy the journey. Embrace the nub-ness. Let it flow thru you, like the butthurt. come to the promised land with a shred of integrity left. You'll thank me, I promise.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    So, everyone except OP is elitist?
    OP and myself... I choose to remain oblivious to skillful play. Keeps the content new and fresh all the time.
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    OP and myself... I choose to remain oblivious to skillful play. Keeps the content new and fresh all the time.
    One woman asked why was Picasso painting ugly and deformed people, like he couldn't paint realistic.
    Art historian replied that he could; he was skilled enough, but chosen to paint the way he painted.
    That's the genius and artism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

2016 DDO Players Council Sam1313's Avatar

Smile lmao

Quote Originally Posted by mutilador View Post
    ftfy
    Dude it's not dead, from the 3 and a half years that I have been playing on the cannith server I have noticed that its a lot of invite only or guild ran quests/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    No way little dude Cannith is just fine the way it is.
    Yeaaah!!
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Here's a counter-proposal: why don't you move to another server and set-up a Noobopolis? You seem to think this separation would be a good idea, why aren't you taking that step? Why insist others do so? What's more, why insist that people who have been playing the game for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 years go move somewhere else when you just got here? Somehow, I think the attitude problem here is yours.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast