Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    Would also be a perfect excuse for the devs to add a few new augment.

Swashbuckling Looters gem
    - Colorless slot
    -min lvl 1
    -grants a +1 profane bonus to loot that stacks with all loot bonus gems, weekends bonus and chest blessers.

Caster augment
    Augment of the high tides
    2% chance on spell cast to cause aoe crushing waves effect that scales with weapon level
    Can only happen once per 3 seconds
    -equips to Red slot

Melee augment
    Augment of action
    min level 7
    This augment grants a extra use of your action boosts at level 7, 2 extra at level 15 and 3 extra at level 20
    equips to Colorless slot
    These, make them, put them in cove... do it NAOW
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Tier ML Enhancements Cooldown Dragonshards
    Tier 12 12 Heal+Restoration CL12 240 seconds 1100
    Tier 13 13 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Light Wounds CL13 240 seconds 1200
    Tier 14 14 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Light Wounds CL14 210 seconds 1300
    Tier 15 15 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Moderate Wounds CL15 210 seconds 1400
    Tier 16 16 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Moderate Wounds CL16 180seconds 1500
    Tier 17 17 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Serious Wounds CL17 180 seconds 1600
    Tier 18 18 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Serious Wounds CL18 150 seconds 1700
    Tier 19 19 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Critical Wounds CL19 150 seconds 1800
    Tier 20 20 Heal+Restoration+Mass Cure Critical Wounds CL20 120 seconds 1900
    Tier 21 21 Restoration+Mass Heal CL21 120 seconds 2000
    Tier 22 22 Restoration+Mass Heal CL22 90 seconds 2100
    Tier 23 23 Mass Heal+Mass Restoration CL23 90 seconds 2200
    Tier 24 24 Mass Heal+Mass Restoration CL24 60 seconds 2300

While worth it this item would be the longest grind we have seen in a while. With a total ?27300? Green Dragon Shards it most possibly could take more then one event to get them all.
    I would be happy with a GREATER Restoration - that should have been the top teir anyways....

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

I like the Cove! It does get dull after a while but if it's only on for a week or two, once or twice a year, it's a welcome break from questing/raiding/leveling. Although I do also like the idea that it could become a regular challenge quest so that people can run it occasionally/whenever they feel like it.

Would really like to see the gear upgraded so I have motivation to run the event on epic characters. Was thinking just yesterday that my rogue will probably have to give up using the Duelist Leather once I get her back to cap since it's somewhat outdated now. Would be great if I had a chance to upgrade it and go on using it. Same for the other items of course.

I agree that the items shouldn't be as good as proper raid loot that takes a lot of effort and team work to get but it should be a viable alternative for casual players and people who like events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Why don't we give the devs a hand? We've been asking for Crystal Cove gear to be updated to 24 and 28 levels... so why don't we take the initiative and give them examples of what we think those upgrades should be.

I'll start with the Treasure Hunter Spyglass

Lvl24 Tier 1 Spot +20, Search +20, UMD+3, True Seeing, Insightful Intelligence +2, Green Augment Slot and Blindness Immunity (only 1 difference from fully upgraded lvl 20)
    Upgrade Tier 2 Add Colorless Slot
    Upgrade Tier 3 Insightful Intelligence +3

Lvl28 Tier 1 Spot+20, Search+20, UMD+3, True Seeing, Insightful Intelligence +3, Green and Colorless Augment Slots, Blindness Immunity (No different from fully upgraded lvl 24)
    Upgrade Tier2 Colorless Slot becomes Yellow
    Upgrade Tier 3 UMD bonus becomes +5

Too powerful for level 28? Or not enough for a 28th level epic trinket?
    What would you do differently?

How would you upgrade the other gear from Crystal Cove for both 24th and 28th level?
    Actually, with the recent armor changes, your suggestion is right on the mark.

Why don't we give the devs a hand? We've been asking for Crystal Cove gear to be updated to 24 and 28 levels... so why don't we take the initiative and give them examples of what we think those upgrades should be.

Lvl24 Tier 1 Spot +20, Search +20, UMD+3, True Seeing, Insightful Intelligence +2, Green Augment Slot and Blindness Immunity (only 1 difference from fully upgraded lvl 20)

Lvl28 Tier 1 Spot+20, Search+20, UMD+3, True Seeing, Insightful Intelligence +3, Green and Colorless Augment Slots, Blindness Immunity (No different from fully upgraded lvl 24)

How would you upgrade the other gear from Crystal Cove for both 24th and 28th level?
    Considering that the haunted halls loot offer +4 insightful and +11 stats (fully upgraded) I suggest than any ML 28 item should have a similar setup. Maybe only +10, but possible a combination of insightful +3 and exceptional +1.

Actually, the only thing I would wish to happen is for the spellcraft skill to be added to the choices for the hats. Superior false life + spellcraft 10 min level 9 sounds like cold beer in a hot summer.
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Actually, the only thing I would wish to happen is for the spellcraft skill to be added to the choices for the hats. Superior false life + spellcraft 10 min level 9 sounds like cold beer in a hot summer.
    Thank you for bringing that up... absolutely with the addition of the Spellcraft skill it should be added to the hat choices. As far as the hats go, thanks to the addition of Natural AC on random lootgen, and the change in scaling of such things as fortification, Protection, even ability scores on random loot gen the hats need to be updated to still be competitive with random loot. Right now the only effect on the hats that is still useful for the level that you can craft it is Superior False Life, thats about it. In addition as soon as they added slots to random loot these hats took a major drop in utility. So it would be great if the highest tier of crafting them added a yellow or green slot.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Considering they exist now on other named items, any stats should be +4 insightful or +11 base stat for any fully upgraded tier 3 item or they aren't worth the grind. They also should require a lot more ings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    That would be nice. I know I'd be tempted to run Cove if it were BtA. But BtC just makes me want to completely skip over an event. Especially if the gear isn't end game.
    Cove gear is BTA currently. Think the point was not to change it.

I really don't think anything in Cove should be BEST in slot. I'd like it to qualify for 2nd runner up though. Or at the very least be a decent swap item in the right circumstances.

Here's my take on 24/28 Cavalry Plate

Lvl24 Tier 1: +7 Fullplate (31 AC), Mithral, Demonic Shield, Superior False Life, Damage Reduction 10/chaotic, Resistance +6, Blue Slot
    Tier2 Upgrade: Resistance +7
    Tier3 Upgrade: Epic False Life (+50 Hp)

Lvl28 Tier1: +8 Fullplate (35 AC), Mithral, Demonic Shield, Epic False Life, Damage Reduction 15/chaotic, Resistance +7, Blue Slot
    Tier2 Upgrade: Resistance +8
    Tier3 Upgrade: Add Colorless Augment

Just a note when changing the AC value I was following the previous tiers progression from wiki.
    My god the best thing to do to Cavalry Plate 24/28 would be to take away the broken Mithral and make it Steel because of broken PRR.

A Level 20 Melee gets BAB20+6= 26 PRR from the Level 12 Cavalry Plate, upgrade it to level 20 and now you get BAB20*2/3+4 = 17 PRR. Mithral is supposed to be *harder* and *lighter* than steel. The simple code of making mithral armor one level lower in armor type worked before U14, but completely backfired with the PRR implementation.

So for 2 years, the best DnD metal for armor has become aluminum foil.
    Farog on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Considering they exist now on other named items, any stats should be +4 insightful or +11 base stat for any fully upgraded tier 3 item or they aren't worth the grind. They also should require a lot more ings.
    The problem with that is... Cove items are BTA not BTC, and should stay that way, they are available to F2P, and should stay that way... they should be a degree or two better than the random loot of that level but in no way should these items be equivalent to the highest level raid loot. They should be a darn good alternative for their slot while you are trying to get your raid loot or a really good switch in item. NOT best in slot but really close. As to ingredients I have no idea what the scaling for the recipes will be, but I'm sure the ingredients will rise as the effects do. I do not expect Cove items to be so good they replace the newest raid items, I do hope for them to be good enough that I'll want to make at least one of each for my characters to use while attempting to acquire the best. All of the newest loot has been BTC, or BTCoA it would be nice to have some really good items that are BTA again.

TL;DR They don't need to be the absolute highest available numbers or best in slot to be worth the grind, the items are BTA and I'd much rather grind for something BTA than BTC.

P.S. if this was a little disjointed in thought ... well its saturday morning and my kids are asking me for this that and the other every two minutes.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Since the loot has yet to be upgraded, thought I might resurrect this topic to see if anyone has any new ideas, or changes of opinion. Or any good additions to what Crystal Cove currently offers.

Community Member

Default Any sign of the U23 upgrades?

According to the release notes for U23, CC items will available/upgradable to level 24. Has anyone seen any of these items on Lammania?

Community Member

Crystal cove is old now... I would say, introduce us with something special, not like insightful bonus + 3, but 4 or exceptional intelligent + 2 etc. profane bonus or even alchemical bonus to DC. We already have + 50 HP item, maybe 60 this time. Those are small changes, but definitely worth farming

Community Member

I would love to see level 28 CC and Mabar gear, but didn't Cordovan's message mention only level 24?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123