Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Draconic Soul Gems are broken

I bought a DSG from the AH. It seems it's not really there. You can open the UI and drop an item in, but the Augment button never activates. If you put it in your shared bank the gem displays a stack total of 0. If you try to move it around your inventory an error pops up; "Inventory error remote item". A forum search revealed the problem is known and old. Opening a ticket is useless. They cannot help. Filing a bug report is also useless. They will not help.

So I bought another one. It couldn't randomly bug out twice, right?

Now we are up to about 3 million plat for a stack of 2 nothings. I am not a farmer. I actually like playing the game. 3 million represents a lot of time. The only reason I wanted a DSG was so that I wouldn't have to spend so much time on ship buffs and it has cost me the time to make back 3 million plat. A convenience has turned into a nightmare.

I'm out in the cold. What should I do?

Curse my twice bad luck unquestioningly and be on my merry way?
    Put them back in the AH and tell no one?
    Put them back in the AH and tell everyone?
    Play around with them and try to discover things I'm not supposed to know about?
    Call Customer Ser... Sorry. Strike that please.

Pop quiz, Hotshots. Which of those choices have potentially negative consequences to the game?

Community Member

I don't mean to ask this question to offend you. Are you level 25+?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

I know you appear to be cynical about the option. but calling customer service would be the best approach.
    You could try an in game GM, sometimes they can fix these issues by spawning "Good" ones

the only other thing I can suggest

make sure item has Yellow, Green, or Orange augment
    make sure item is not locked

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    I bought a DSG from the AH. It seems it's not really there. You can open the UI and drop an item in, but the Augment button never activates. If you put it in your shared bank the gem displays a stack total of 0. If you try to move it around your inventory an error pops up; "Inventory error remote item". A forum search revealed the problem is known and old. Opening a ticket is useless. They cannot help. Filing a bug report is also useless. They will not help.

Now we are up to about 3 million plat for a stack of 2 nothings. I am not a farmer. I actually like playing the game. 3 million represents a lot of time. The only reason I wanted a DSG was so that I wouldn't have to spend so much time on ship buffs and it has cost me the time to make back 3 million plat. A convenience has turned into a nightmare.

Play around with them and try to discover things I'm not supposed to know about?

Pop quiz, Hotshots. Which of those choices have potentially negative consequences to the game?
    Assuming you checked all the things the other posters have mentioned, you can either call Customer Service (might be on the phone for a while) or open a Customer Service ticket on their website: http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

Customer Support seems to be much more helpful than in-game GMs which are hit-or-miss and require you to stay in-game until they answer.

I also always submit Bug Reports. No, you won't get a response but they sometimes do fix bugs.

I was wondering how long it'd take someone to use that exploit and put it on the AH, and someone to complain about it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    I was wondering how long it'd take someone to use that exploit and put it on the AH, and someone to complain about it.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to really figure out what this post is about.

Yes I have tried the above things and no one is beyond missing the obvious. So thank you, all. I have tried other things as well. Who knows what I might find out if somebody doesn't take it off my hands.
    Last edited by twinstronglord; 02-21-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Oh. It happened to me too. I bought one on the ASAH, 135 shards and its bugged, can't even move the augment in my own inventory.

I bug reported it and put a customer service ticket, not answer yet. If you put it on the augment bag, the augment appears as 0, and then you can't take it out.

I will keep it until someone fix it, I don't even care about the augment anymore, just want my inventory slot free, my bag fixed and my shards back. I don't want to be an ******* and put it on the ASAH/AH.

PS: shame on you people, the ones that put it on the ASAH/AH.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    Oh. It happened to me too. I bought one on the ASAH, 135 shards and its bugged, can't even move the augment in my own inventory.

I bug reported it and put a customer service ticket, not answer yet. If you put it on the augment bag, the augment appears as 0, and then you can't take it out.

I will keep it until someone fix it, I don't even care about the augment anymore, just want my inventory slot free, my bag fixed and my shards back. I don't want to be an ******* and put it on the ASAH/AH.

I know it seems distasteful, but what better way to raise awareness and get the problem fixed? We are losing real money. Turbine can just hide behind their ToS. Think about that. They don't have to fix anything. They can take our money and give us nothing in return. So what recourse do we have?

I know it seems distasteful, but what better way to raise awareness and get the problem fixed? We are losing real money. Turbine can just hide behind their ToS. Think about that. They don't have to fix anything. They can take our money and give us nothing in return. So what recourse do we have?
    I did not try, but can we mail the bugged augment to someone? And that person just doesn't pick it and mail will get erased after 2-3 weeks? Or just put it on the ASAH, cancel the auction and dont pick it from the mail... But still the augment bag is bugged.

A dev word would be pretty much appreciated.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

You can't even move it out of your inventory? How annoying!

Sorry that happened to you.

I did not try, but can we mail the bugged augment to someone? And that person just doesn't pick it and mail will get erased after 2-3 weeks? Or just put it on the ASAH, cancel the auction and dont pick it from the mail... But still the augment bag is bugged.

A dev word would be pretty much appreciated.
    IF you can mail it mail it to one of your own bank toons .

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    IF you can mail it mail it to one of your own bank toons .
    I will try this, but i'm keeping it a few days just in case they refund me my 135 astral shards and fix my augment bag.

And with this happenning... don't know what really is happening, but it can happen with ANY augment? So if that is the case, buying augments in the ASAH is a risky business...

Again... any word devs?
    Last edited by Henky; 02-24-2014 at 08:06 AM.

I will try this, but i'm keeping it a few days just in case they refund me my 135 astral shards and fix my augment bag.

And with this happenning... don't know what really is happening, but it can happen with ANY augment? So if that is the case, buying augments in the ASAH is a risky business...

Again... any word devs?
    Wish they would chime in, you know it is completely possible for them to track where the item came from where the astral shards went and so forth...

/bumping this thread because if I had paid 130 some astral shards and got a bugged item I'd be fairly ticked off.
    That would double if I found out it was because someone found a way to exploit the system and is knowingly ripping people off.

Good luck, OP. Thank you for the posts, it may have saved others from getting the same problem.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quality Assurance

Read by QA.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Actually, every company providing software does what you complain about to all their customers.

I feel bad that you are out 3 mill plat and time and effort and want. I really do. However... The only recourse consumers have is to bring it up on every avenue to get that information tot he company. If I find a nasty bug, I file a bug ticket, send a PM or send a GM ticket (if it is something they will come across and have to help on; not applicable in your case, 99% of the time), then post on the forums. As long as the post is legible, reproducible, or at least calls out the frequency of occurrence and conditionals, then you did all you can do save bumping the topic until it gets added tot he known issues list.

Wow! I saw a whole bunch of these on the auction house. I'm so glad I didn't buy one.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Quote Originally Posted by Gazebo View Post
    Read by QA.
    /read by a player

/read by a player who won't be buying any of those things off the ah or the asah.

This is very bad, but how exactly is it an exploit? Draconic Soul Gems do not bind and can be auctioned and/or mailed. If someone has not yet read this thread and does not know about the bug, and sells a DSG on the auction, he is not doing anything wrong. If he does know about the bug, then it is deliberate and nasty griefing, but still not an exploit -- in the sense of using a game bug to gain something he would not gain otherwise. He loses the DSG and gains plat/astral shards exactly as if auction worked properly.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast