Community Member

Default Major Performance Issues

Hello.

Since 30 days ago, I am having major performance issues in game.

I actually took a 14 day break (some RL stuff and Might and Magic X finally got its bug patch to be -somehow- playable), so I was in game for only about two weeks from that.

The issues are: I am normally playing, everything is okay, and bam. Laggspike. I am totally frozen for 2 - 7 seconds and then the game runs smoothly again. It is not really dependant on what is happening in game, I can finish major battles without any problem and then freeze lagg while facing wall. Unfortunately, it can also be the other way - and it is not really posssible to run the game on elites when I can get 7 seconds freeze lag anytime. Not even mentioning its is a major pain in the .. back.

These laggspikes are happening in various numbers. sometimes, I get 1 per dungeon, sometimes 3 per minute.

Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Few technical details:

I am running DDO on this PC for year and a half and I never had this problem.
    I am using ddo preloader for a very long time now. Btw, D?kuju Wanesso!
    I uninstalled Pando shortly AFTER this started.
    I havent made any change to the PC and operational system in last few months aside from those tradicional ones.
    I am playing DDO Highdef. Lowering graphics or such is NOT helping me.
    I scanned my pc for possible viruses and found nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.

Community Member

Viktor,

I don't think the problem is on your end if it helps.
    Many people in game have been commenting on lag and other issues in the last two weeks.
    Our guild has people from all over the world on at different times, and we have all been experiencing odd lagging behaviour.
    The worst was over the last weekend, and many attributed it to the bonus weekend, but it has stuck around.
    The lag spikes have been making content unplayable - sometimes minutes long for some players.

As you noted the lag affects the client, not the server as the mobs continue to wail on you whilst we stand around as statues. Very annoying.
    We've also noticed some different Mob AI behaviour and wonder if Turbine are doing some server side code adjustments, which could be contributing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Viktor,

I don't think the problem is on your end if it helps.
    Many people in game have been commenting on lag and other issues in the last two weeks.
    Our guild has people from all over the world on at different times, and we have all been experiencing odd lagging behaviour.
    The worst was over the last weekend, and many attributed it to the bonus weekend, but it has stuck around.
    The lag spikes have been making content unplayable - sometimes minutes long for some players.

As you noted the lag affects the client, not the server as the mobs continue to wail on you whilst we stand around as statues. Very annoying.
    We've also noticed some different Mob AI behaviour and wonder if Turbine are doing some server side code adjustments, which could be contributing.
    Thanks,

I was around for the incident where I was unable to log in to the game during extra XP and loot weekend. My problem, which I am desciribing in the OP, started shortly before that and apparently continues to this very day. The server wide lagg was a pain, but it got fixed.
    I have few RL friends playing DDO and none of them is having such a bad experience with game performance currently.

Any help is apreticiated - Right now, I have problem soloing heroic elites on level because of this. I cannot imagine myself playing Epic Elites like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.