Default Dev Diary: Thunderholme!

Click here to read a Developer Diary by Knockback, who looks at the Thunderholme adventure area!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Click here to read a Developer Diary by Knockback, who looks at the Thunderholme adventure area!
    Thanks!

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

That does sound pretty enormously epic! :P! ! ! Heh!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Also, don't forget to click on the pictures!!!

So we made new dwarf skeleton monsters, complete with configurable facial hair.

new iconic race?
    or atleast a nice cosmetic skin for the anounced dwarven battle rager iconic race?

per the 4th Edition Monster Manual

Bleh, keep yer stinkin 4th of me lawn!

You may have noticed that we haven't done any new floor puzzles in the Forgotten Realms. That's because we wanted to introduce a new puzzle type just for the Realms - the mirror-and-beam puzzles that you'll first encounter in Thunderholme.

so still flat puzzles in a 3d get up...

now that we can take care of the big bad shadow dragon, are we finaly done with the migraine inducing purple haze and the shadowfell all together?

please produce some original&superior Eberron content to ballance things
    out
    Last edited by lyrecono; 02-21-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    So we made new dwarf skeleton monsters, complete with configurable facial hair.

new iconic race?
    or atleast a nice cosmetic skin for the anounced dwarven battle rager iconic race?

per the 4th Edition Monster Manual

Bleh, keep yer stinkin 4th of me lawn!

You may have noticed that we haven't done any new floor puzzles in the Forgotten Realms. That's because we wanted to introduce a new puzzle type just for the Realms - the mirror-and-beam puzzles that you'll first encounter in Thunderholme.

so still flat puzzles in a 3d get up...

now that we can take care of the big bad shadow dragon, are we finaly done with the migraine inducing purple haze and the shadowfell all together?

please produce some original&superior Eberron content to ballance things
    out
    As much as I would LOVE some Eberron content, I think that outside of the odd quest here and there, or the Epic versions of existing content, we won't be getting much Eberron content at all. My assumption, and I could be wrong, is that their license that they renewed in 2012 was under the condition that they focus on WotC's baby, the Forgotten Realms.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    new iconic race?
    OMG . . . somebody go to Neverwinter and find Shade.

Thanks for the link, the developer diary (Which I thoroughly enjoy reading each and every time), the new areas, the new bad guys, and of course..

FOR BATTLERAGERS!
    (R.A. Salvatore FTW.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

More undead? Meh.
    Another dracolich? Meh.

Thanks for trying, I guess.

"It's the perfect sort of place to celebrate D&D's 40th birthday. (Rogues take note, there's also a locked chest to find in the opening section.)"

Screams chest farm to me!!!!! Woot! Trial By Fury anyone?
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    "It's the perfect sort of place to celebrate D&D's 40th birthday. (Rogues take note, there's also a locked chest to find in the opening section.)"

Screams chest farm to me!!!!! Woot! Trial By Fury anyone?
    Just watch the chest will require absolute maxed out search to find the door and open lock to unlock it. (maxed as in +20 items, full ranks, 60+ in the relevant stats and all possible enhancements)

Then the loot level will be -10.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    OMG . . . somebody go to Neverwinter and find Shade.
    Seems unsure... but you never know:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxGBNAciMwM
    1.07.44 faceless one starts talking about it

I can tell the developers were clearly inspired by Skyrim with the graphics shown in the diary. But graphics aren't everything, mind you, especially if the gameplay is horribly buggy or half-done.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Cool

omg...battleragers would be awesome! I can see every healer's head explode with all the new barbarians being rolled!
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

Actually, you know what would be cool / bring an insanely large amount of difficulty with it? Fighting the dracolich and both red dragons as the same time, ala the Tower of Despair raid. Make the dragons impossible to kite and have their AI switch every 10 seconds.
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*