Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79
  1. #21
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Recently I've been contemplating this issue. Seems like at the end of 2013 that Turbine was encouraging folks to subscribe by "Sweetening the pot" for subscribing (so to speak). They gave VIP's extra XP in December and Epic Hearts over another month's time.

    So, what could they do next?
    I dunno...maybe actually keep their word on the "all content" thing?

    That would be a nice start.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Silly me

    I would just aim to provide enough content "for free" in the monthly subscription that would encourage people to sign up... in the same way that they should provide enough content for Premium players to continue to buy TP.

    <...insert standard comment on Premium players being just as important as VIP...>

    Or, just put boxes and hearts on sale.

  3. #23
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    VIP was OK when the VIP got ALL the quests and "packs" for running w/o extra costs. Then VIPs got dilluted by MotU, but this was Ok as it was argued by "licencing fees". I could have accepted this. Then came Shadowfell and now the argument of "licencing fees" was no more. And VIPs did not get the iconics for free (as would have to vbe expected) and had to buy the Shadowfell quest packs... Blatand cash grab on those already regularly contributing to DDO. With Shadowfell I decided to finally cancel my VIP subscription. What for to pay monthly when I have to pay extra for everything new. For 10% more quest XP and some more running speed?

    Now. if Turbine would like to make me VIP again, they would have to give me some real incentive. Packs? Well, meanwhile, I have bought all with either expansions or TP farmed. More server space? Meanwhile I have plenty w/o being VIP. Bank space? Have bought with TP. What else might Turbine offer me to get me back as regular contributor? 500 TP / month for US$ 10 bucks will not do.

    To say frankly, not possible, imho, to get me back to VIP What for? I have everything and run cheaper being not a VIP. Except for one thing: Free TR-ing for VIPs. I would take free TRing for VIPs as something that would get me immediately back to VIP.

    So, at least to win me back to VIP, give VIPs free TRing. Add to this a bonus for premium players going VIP for every adventure pack they already own (some 25% TP trade in or something the like) and you have me back. Else, forget at least me for VIP, for all eternity.
    And free etring. I never want to TR again - find the whole process of running all those old quests again unappealing. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying - well, was enjoying - epic content.

    Otherwise, yeah, you're totally right. 10 quests, no raid, does not equal an expansion - and VIPs don't get all the races now. So...what's the point in staying VIP?

  4. #24

    Default Some more thoughts..

    I know one thing that I always need is more inventory and/or bank space. An interesting concept would be to give VIPs some extra bonus slot to store gear and items, whether it be a bank or back pot slot. I also could see given VIP monthly discounts on various items from the DDO Store. Perhaps the month of March would give VIPs a 20% discount of experience elixirs. These discounts would run alongside with the weekly offers that everybody gets. Or perhaps VIP accounts could get some sort of different DDO Store coupons. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    I mean they'd have to give two free otto's boxes a month to make up the cash worth.
    So you think $9 vip subscription a month justifies 2x 5000tp otto's boxes a month extra?
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I dunno...maybe actually keep their word on the "all content" thing?

    That would be a nice start.
    The problem with this is that it limits the amount of content they can make to what they can afford to give to VIPs. Not selling expansions, to everyone, likely means not making that content in the first place.

  7. #27
    Uber Completionist
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Amazing...

    When you cancel your VIP Subscription, they don't even bother to ask " why " as most games do.

    Again, lack of professionalism and a displayed lack of care.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

  8. #28

    Default

    I will be dropping my VIP at the end of this 3 month cycle (I forgot to drop after my first 3 month cycle) and having been VIP for 5 months now, I really did not see any real benefit. The free Epic Heart was great, double XP for Daily Dice made the free Gold roll nice, and the 10% bonus is great if you plan on using a XP Stone. I used the heart, the double XP is done, and I have no more XP Stones. So I am paying to have quests I don't want to run (I paid for the Quest sets I want(ed) to run) and a game that I keep trying to log into. I really can't wait to go back to Premium.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I will be dropping my VIP at the end of this 3 month cycle (I forgot to drop after my first 3 month cycle) and having been VIP for 5 months now, I really did not see any real benefit. The free Epic Heart was great, double XP for Daily Dice made the free Gold roll nice, and the 10% bonus is great if you plan on using a XP Stone. I used the heart, the double XP is done, and I have no more XP Stones. So I am paying to have quests I don't want to run (I paid for the Quest sets I want(ed) to run) and a game that I keep trying to log into. I really can't wait to go back to Premium.
    There are two things I take away from your post. The first is that Premium sounds like the perfect subscription plan for you. The second is there is likely nothing they could add to VIP to entice you to become VIP again on a sustained basis. (I anticipate you would if they offerred more hearts or something big like that, but would not remain VIP longer than necessary to reap the benefit on offer.)

  10. #30
    Community Member Dendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    972

    Default

    How about the following benefits

    VIP's don't need to empty the Reincarnation Cache when they reincarnate.
    And also
    Hearts bought from the store you don't need to empty the Reincarnation Cache, but hearts bought using Commendations of Valor you do need to empty the Reincarnation Cache

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    How about the following benefits

    VIP's don't need to empty the Reincarnation Cache when they reincarnate.
    And also
    Hearts bought from the store you don't need to empty the Reincarnation Cache, but hearts bought using Commendations of Valor you do need to empty the Reincarnation Cache
    This is a database records issue, most likely. The text in-game specifically states that, upon TR'ing, your character is deleted (and irretrievable). This says, to me, that your character's record in the database is deleted and then re-created. If this is the case, then I would expect all child records in related tables to also be deleted. This would mean they would need to add logic to get a list of all items remaining in your TR cache and then re-create those records in whatever table(s) they were in before (after re-creating your character's main record). Depending on how much junk people are storing in the TR caches, this could lead to quite a bit of overhead in the database. It could also really expand the processing time and memory required to retrieve all those records and keep them in memory until your character's main record has been re-created.

    Also, I expect they would have to add logic to determine the account status of the player TR'ing and the source of the heart they are using to TR in order to determine whether to preserve the TR cache or not. I further expect that once the heart is in your inventory, there isn't an easy way to determine how you acquired it. I am sure they track how players acquire these things, but that does not necessarily mean it would be easy to retrieve at the point in time where the decision to preserve the TR cache (or not) is made.

  12. #32
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icywave View Post
    Amazing...

    When you cancel your VIP Subscription, they don't even bother to ask " why " as most games do.

    Again, lack of professionalism and a displayed lack of care.
    At this point, there's probably so much attrition, it's just too much to read.

  13. #33
    The Hatchery Kaisoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I will be dropping my VIP at the end of this 3 month cycle (I forgot to drop after my first 3 month cycle) and having been VIP for 5 months now, I really did not see any real benefit. The free Epic Heart was great, double XP for Daily Dice made the free Gold roll nice, and the 10% bonus is great if you plan on using a XP Stone. I used the heart, the double XP is done, and I have no more XP Stones. So I am paying to have quests I don't want to run (I paid for the Quest sets I want(ed) to run) and a game that I keep trying to log into. I really can't wait to go back to Premium.
    You don't need to wait until the end of your subscription to cancel by the way. You can cancel it whenever you want (even just after you started it) and you will get all of the subscription time that you've paid for, it just won't renew at the end.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29

    Default past suggestion

    I made a thread in the suggestions area based on what would keep me VIP after the epic heart giveaway.

    Once per month for one character, VIPs get to ER/IR/TR for free. The balancing factor is that this is use it or lose it. There's no storing hearts up. The benefit only lasts as long as your are a VIP unlike the ER heart giveaway.

    I still think it's a strong idea and might be more reasonable than giving away an LR stone. Although, I'd guess they wouldn't give away for free what the bladeforged junkies are buying up right now.

    Reincarnating is the way to encourage player retention in a segment of their population. Why make it so difficult to continue playing? I only play one character though, so this may not bother altoholics.

  15. #35
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwilly71 View Post
    I made a thread in the suggestions area based on what would keep me VIP after the epic heart giveaway.

    Once per month for one character, VIPs get to ER/IR/TR for free. The balancing factor is that this is use it or lose it. There's no storing hearts up. The benefit only lasts as long as your are a VIP unlike the ER heart giveaway.

    I still think it's a strong idea and might be more reasonable than giving away an LR stone. Although, I'd guess they wouldn't give away for free what the bladeforged junkies are buying up right now.

    Reincarnating is the way to encourage player retention in a segment of their population. Why make it so difficult to continue playing? I only play one character though, so this may not bother altoholics.

    Even as a VIP I think that's both to much and not enough at the same time its great for powerleveling types but gives nothing for people who don't level that fast and 1 tr a month seems to much in any case I like the idea of a heart every 3 or 6 months of a continuous sub better its useful for power level types and non power level types as well

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  16. #36
    Community Member Sam1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    465

    Default

    A few things that may attract more people to being vip. 1. Fix the drop rate for the shards and seals of the weapons that can be made epic. 2. Fix the drop rate of the ring of spell storing and the ring of the ancestors? (Maybe). 3 Implement horse mounts into the game available only to vip members, maybe a Clydesdale to ride around on from quest to quest, (not while in a quest though) 4. More skin on our female characters lol Sex sells.

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    4. More skin on our female characters lol Sex sells.
    This would be as unpopular with significant numbers of players as those with whom it would be popular. This is a bad idea. Not to mention the fact that this could change the game's content rating. If people want nudity in a video game, this is what Leisure Suit Larry is for.

  18. #38
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    A few things that may attract more people to being vip. 1. Fix the drop rate for the shards and seals of the weapons that can be made epic. 2. Fix the drop rate of the ring of spell storing and the ring of the ancestors? (Maybe). 3 Implement horse mounts into the game available only to vip members, maybe a Clydesdale to ride around on from quest to quest, (not while in a quest though) 4. More skin on our female characters lol Sex sells.
    I'm struggling to see how "fixing the drop rate" of either of those would draw in VIP subscriptions.
    I wouldn't use a mount. I am currently (and have been for years) a VIP. They gave us 10% faster run speed in town (lol) and I don't even notice. Why would I want a big ugly horse?
    Point 4 is.. I don't even have words to refute this, as anything I could say wouldn't adhere to community guidelines. So instead I'll just say that the quote from Billy Madison applies perfectly.

  19. #39
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    This would be as unpopular with significant numbers of players as those with whom it would be popular. This is a bad idea. Not to mention the fact that this could change the game's content rating. If people want nudity in a video game, this is what Leisure Suit Larry is for.
    I thought that was what Lolth was for

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    I thought that was what Lolth was for
    lol! Point taken. I have yet to run that raid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload