Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    - You could do an epic quest ONLY 1/day.
    - No reentries. If you wiped, you wiped.
    - Shard/Seal/Scroll system was MUCH better in terms of replayability and longevity of a quest.
    - Epics were harder without EDs.
    - No rerolls.
    - You could not buy Shards and Seals.
    - No raid bypasses means that if you wanted to TR, and you had like 15 Abbot, you had to wait those 5 more completions (so 5x3 = 15 days) before TRing to get your 20th list.

To get a Shard of Antique Greataxe you actually had to farm it for a whole month (and much more for some items) with 1/day rule.
    Yep. Not to mention the sheer amount of variety in top builds. Destinies destroyed this.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Yep. Not to mention the sheer amount of variety in top builds. Destinies destroyed this.
    Pontificate on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Yup.

Nobody power-gamey enough to run this stuff consistently will stay at 28 for any significant amount of time. It's a very questionable course for the game.

Unless they really do intend on making some method of bankable/storable XP.
    Just not true there are a lot of people that want to play at cap they just need a reason to do so. Secondly, I know a lot of people will ETR a character and while that character is being ETR play other capped characters. That is the way true reincarnation always worked for many people. They would true reincarnation a character and work on that character and while that character was being TRrrd run raids with other characters which is exactly what will happen now that we might have some raids to run.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    I do not know Teth I remember a time when everyone had Favored Soul specializing in evocation and pale masters specializing in Necromancy before destinies. Other then raids of course.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Just not true there are a lot of people that want to play at cap they just need a reason to do so. Secondly, I know a lot of people will ETR a character and while that character is being ETR play other capped characters. That is the way true reincarnation always worked for many people. They would true reincarnation a character and work on that character and while that character was being TRrrd run raids with other characters which is exactly what will happen now that we might have some raids to run.
    We'll see in a few weeks. I'm betting I'm right.

So, I've been on lammy all this am working on getting a toon up to speed to run the new raids. There have been some minor issues. But the reason I am posting is because I logged out and quit the client a few mins ago and it appears your login server for lammyland is kaput. First I got a 'Down' indicator. After reloading the client a couple times more, I am now stuck on 'Retrieving downloadable content.'

Any chance of a fix devs? Been working on building up a character to run for a few hours now. Not cool to be stuck not able to get in after putting this much time into just having something to run over there...
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I do not know Teth I remember a time when everyone had Favored Soul specializing in evocation and pale masters specializing in Necromancy before destinies. Other then raids of course.
    Shssshhhh!! I want to hear his reply.

Seems to be working again now. Weird...
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    You keep saying no one will play at level cap. Serious question. Back when lvl cap was 20, and heroic TR was available, why did people play epics at 20 to get gear you could only use at lvl 20? What needs to change to make that happen with lvl 28/30 as the level cap?
    Back when 20 was cap, we had great loot to farm for. Difficult quests to build for. A thriving raid scene. No pay to bypass timers. A healthier population. No random loot surpassing named loot.
    Now....
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 02-19-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I think this is what they are trying to fix with this update. I just hope the loot is perfected to the point where people really want to run this stuff.

And what madman said is exactly how I used to play the game. A few toons at cap and a few TRing and playing them both.

- Shard/Seal/Scroll system was MUCH better in terms of replayability and longevity of a quest.
    - No rerolls.
    - No raid bypasses means that if you wanted to TR, and you had like 15 Abbot, you had to wait those 5 more completions (so 5x3 = 15 days) before TRing to get your 20th list.

To get a Shard of Antique Greataxe you actually had to farm it for a whole month (and much more for some items) with 1/day rule.
    And everyone complained on the forums just as much as they do now.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We have updated Lamannia and brought it online with the fourth round of Update 21.

Squeak will update the Release Notes and Known Issues shortly.
    Any update on Release Notes?

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

- No rerolls.

Ahhhh, good old days... back in that time you always known what to expect from everyone... wizards knew their place to be (CC only)... now, don't ask me about it... arggg
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Any update on Release Notes?
    known issues are updated hoping the notes are soon to follow
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Back when 20 was cap, we had great loot to farm for. Difficult quests to build for. A thriving raid scene. No pay to bypass timers. A healthier population. No random loot surpassing named loot.
    Now....
    No we didn't. Your statement is kind of like when grandparents talk about walking to School 4 miles away up hill both ways. Why can I say that, because as the Guild Leader of one of the Founding Guilds and a Raiding Guild I have records.

Between Module 6 and the Release of Ebberon Unlimited (Update 0 officially) the Twilight Avengers ran 638 PLS Raids or which equates to just over 1 raid a day, PLUS another 680 scheduled Shroud raids. That's over two raids a day for my guild. I should note that due to the lack of "named loot" in the Shroud it is not considered a PLS Raid for TA, PLS stands for Positive Loot Score is a method that we use in guild to make distribution of Raid Loot equitable for all members.

The level cap was increased to 20 with the release of Eberron Unlimited and increased to 25 with Update 14. During that Time TA ran 404 raids plus 8 scheduled Shroud Runs which equates to 3 raids every 4 days, or .75 Raids a day.

There is a significant drop off on the number of raids run when the level cap increased to 20, another drop off when the level cap increases to 25 and further drop off when 28.

Why, because there is no reason to run raids more than enough times to get you required number of Heroic Commendations. I run 8 to 10 Vault/Plane of Night raids a week, FOR XP on four characters. A few times a week I drop out once the dragon is at 25% health so I can run the first part for XP again. Give me a reason to finish the Raids and I will.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Release Notes and Known Issues have been updated.
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Try 8-12 months! That is how long it took me to get one and that is running the quest twice a day pretty much everyday.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    Ahhhh, good old days... back in that time you always known what to expect from everyone... wizards knew their place to be (CC only)... now, don't ask me about it... arggg
    Now everyone knows their job is to hjeal meh.

/progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Release Notes and Known Issues have been updated.
    So this fourth round is basically useless. You could have typed the XP set in the Raids and we could have told if those are good or bad values without even logging on lama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    You really really need to fix Character Copy.

Personally, I tried to build a new toon on Lam, however the lag and DC issues I faced while trying to use the dojo made it unworkable -- add to the fact that if you are not on when devs are on your loot is poor at best (and I would say the dev dropped loot is not optimal either).

If you want us to really test and experience the content -- we need to have Character copy working.
    yes that is fun, but I built 3 28s and they are god enough too try the content out and test. That is all that is really needed , yes its kinda a drag but it only took me 15 minutes or so, and I got too cap all my destines that was fun too see what I could get!
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast