Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The current game dynamics have killed this. People made a bunch of alts and utility toons for raids Raiding is dead, these alts no longer serve a purpose.
    I think this is something Turbine completely missed. Making alts is fun. (was fun). There was many good reasons to do i back in the day to farm old epics and raids because everything but a few raid items was bta instead of btc or btcoe.

Under the current environment is better to have 1 or 2 super characters and keep the alts on the bench. It's just not as fun - at least for me.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout_Zero View Post
    Don't complain about P2W if not on VIP or buying things to support DDO.
    Don't complain DDO has to lay off more staff.
    Don't complain if DDO eventually goes to maintenace mode.
    Don't complain about some moral high ground.

Discuss.

• Don't complain about P2W if not on VIP or buying things to support DDO Don't give a ****
    • Don't complain DDO has to lay off more staff Life happens so stop wining
    • Don't complain if DDO eventually goes to maintenace mode What will be, will be
    • Don't complain about some moral high ground. Screw morals, this is a fantasy game, go kill stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I doubt Turbine cares much about those players... They already spent plenty on the game. Like the guy who spent $2000 to grind up 88 past lives in less than a year...

It would be nice to keep him around and spending, but if he leaves, it's not the end of the world... They got $2000 from him... That's a success story.

By the way, Triple completionist is a complete waste of time, and is boring. Half those past lives offer zero to your character, and people grind so much to "accomplish" triple completionist that they bore themselves to tears.

Try multiple alts instead... Running the same quest on a wizard is very different from a THF tactics guy from a monk archer from a turn-based cleric. Keeps the content fresh... Play an entire TR on your wizard, and then switch to a different character, etc.
    With 16 characters, boredom isn't my issue. I do definitely have other grievances with the structure of the game however, and the direction over the last two years...

I was speaking of folks I know of, who can't seem to find each other to run content. Or, are so stuck in tr fast mode that even with completed characters they only want to run the high xp fast runs, and can't explain why...
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    The consensus is that the fault lies somewhere else than with people playing the game. Or if some are to blame, its sure aint me, since im downright saintly.
    The "blame" absolutely lies with the player base. And not just DDO either. The reason MMOs in general have moved towards microtransactions is because of a change in how the younger generations view entertainment. They think they are absolutely entitled to it. Don't feel like paying for HBO? That's fine, we can just torrent Game of Thrones for free! Don't feel like buying that single? That's okay, we can just get it for free! Why? Because we are entitled to whatever entertainment we want for free.

These generations would prefer a f2p MMO and all the trappings that go with it. They can work within the gated system by branching out and playing another f2p mmo while they're gated and leaving all the actual paying for the whales who truly support the game.

Getting mad at the companies for then building around this problem instead of just launching an MMO and seeing it die in a few months is ridiculous.

Community Member

We should be allowed to pierce our nipples dammit.

Crud, trolls don't have nipples.
    what about some retributive hoop earring of riposte ?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I think people are freaking out unjustly. The facts are that we have no facts. We know some people were laid off, but that's it. It could be for a vareity of reasons...maybe they feel the work can be consolidated, maybe because most of the work on the new raids is done they can let some people go for now and rehire later, maybe they are shifting some roles at Turbine, who knows? We can't just assume they are downsizing the game as a whole. Until we know more, we should all just chill.

Also, this game will not die quickly like other MMOs. This is a niche game, and while that attracts less it retains more. We know for a fact that many things are coming out through 2014. This game will be out for many years to come, worst case scenario 3 more years but likely much longer. So everybody just chill.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

It's rude to eat popcorn at a funeral.
    Oh..
    *casually slides the box under his chair*
    Is that what this is?

Because to me, it kind of looks like a whole lot of forum drama. My apologies to the recently deceased.

Good quote, that one.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The widespread paid cheating is the reason I haven't spent money on the game in ages, other than the Shadowfell pre-order.

Before paid cheating was so widespread I bought a $50 point pack pretty much every sale and bought a lot of totally optional stuff (cosmetics etc). But why reward bad management and a business strategy that has almost completely killed this game?
    And again, exactly my feelings.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Maybe they wouldn't have had to sack people if they'd made good moves instead of awful ones.

Stealing peoples money by making them pre-pay for Shadowfail, then later sneaking in the "uhuh, no raid in it". Oh my.
    LOL! Really? Stealing? They said it didn't have a raid the second day pre-order was available. I know many people who bought it knowing it didn't have a raid. Not exactly stealing. They never made mention it WOULD have a raid, people just assumed, jumped on it day one, and then got mad when they found out it didn't, then claimed they were lied to and had their money "stolen".
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow7375 View Post
    Gosh, I'm surprised that nobody has gotten the popcorn out yet ...
    Im eating some right now, i just finished my pizza and my coffee. In 2 hs Ill take the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    LOL! Really? Stealing? They said it didn't have a raid the second day pre-order was available. I know many people who bought it knowing it didn't have a raid. Not exactly stealing. They never made mention it WOULD have a raid, people just assumed, jumped on it day one, and then got mad when they found out it didn't, then claimed they were lied to and had their money "stolen".
    Oh come on, Shadowfail was bait and switch if there ever was any in a game. Calling that an "expansion" is like call a CLW a hjeal. Charging what they charged, for something with less content than Gianthold, was shameful.

I bought my code for (soon to be out-dated) in-game loot and I still feel I paid too much.

I hope the doors stay open until the Pathfinder MMO is released, and I hope it's actually close to D20 like low-level DDO.
    I echo this thought. (Tho I will run thru ESO for a few months this year, possibly longer if the RvR stays relatively balanced and fun.)

I have been playing since 2006, including the 10 months of just *giving* Turbine my monthly VIP sub $ for....ZERO content released. (You're welcome, Turbine Devs and Producers, hope your kid's braces turned out OK that year.) Kind of like getting an annual magazine subscription where for more than half the year a monthly issue contains a cover and back photo of a Dragon, then 48 blank pages inside... :/

$$$ Talks. B.S. gets Freemiumed.

Make something other than B.S. again, please. Otherwise even the PtKTLO peeps will not be able to save you.

Or not: ./shrugs

https://goblinworks.com/blog/

WAY too much good stuff coming from other, more competently run, game companies...
    ~Thus we are met, in a time that is no longer a time, at a place that is no longer a place, for we are between the worlds and beyond.~

This game will not end, not soon i hope.

They have 3 ways to get money. Vip players, premium stable players, and premium cassual players.
    So... whats the complain?

We all love this game, with his pros and cons. So whats the problem?

I complain about the dwarf isnt so good i want, but thats the way the things are. I really dont see bad, that exist items, class, buffs, The Sword of True that kill everything, that you can get if you pay enough to get it.
    This isnt a competitive game where if you dont get a +300 armor and leave the town some pk will rape you and make you have twins.

The game isnt balanced? Yes its not well balanced. Some classes have problems, but a party well balanced can do end game with no mayor problems.
    I like bards, if i make a bard thinking in kill in one shot is my problem not a problem of the devs.

Bad content? Im not really sure. Im still playing the arc of druids, and its not preciselly one of the best.
    I think first of all, the question will be. What its bad content? Loot? quest dificult? Story arc?
    With this 3 simple question you'll get really, diverse answers.

Quote Originally Posted by avepepix View Post
    We all love this game, with his pros and cons. So whats the problem?
    Not enough players, can't pay the bills on subs and packs, have to resort to Pay2win to keep the lights on.

it's pretty much that simple.

Community Member

Not enough players, can't pay the bills on subs and packs, have to resort to Pay2win to keep the lights on.

it's pretty much that simple.
    And that's going to be every MMO from now on. People that would rather play a subscription MMO with no store have to realize they are in the minority and have no buying power. Honestly these people are going to have to adapt or move on to another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The widespread paid cheating is the reason I haven't spent money on the game in ages, other than the Shadowfell pre-order.

Before paid cheating was so widespread I bought a $50 point pack pretty much every sale and bought a lot of totally optional stuff (cosmetics etc). But why reward bad management and a business strategy that has almost completely killed this game?
    This.

Op has the chicken and the egg in reverse order.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    The customers expected the same quality and quantity they received historically, and when they didnt get it, they stopped paying into the system. Thats what customers do.

While you are technically correct that theres no technical wrong doing, running a business on that type of integrity strategy, will fail.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Let's assume for a minute, that DDO after this year will no longer develop new quest's.

I played over on Lammania for a couple weeks and there is not enough content there. Its one Quest and 2 raids.

Now the lv cap is suppose too go up too 30 at the end of the years I believe that is what I read. Then there is a new epic content for 3 barrel cove that's a lot of quests so will probably get a lot of xp there (although I hate most the newer quests out their) Then there is Anauroch quest pack , not really sure how much xp will be their. So that sounds about right they gave us enough xp too cap out. Then two new end game raids too end countless hrs grinding out new weapons. I think that about sum's it up. I predict after this year and the content that is scheduled to come out will be the last breath for DDO. My first and Only mmo (oh I tried others) but will never be as good has her. now my only hope for entertainment is a Rocking DDO 2. It was a good run thanks to all the original visionaries who put out a kick ass game. -Doom
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    This.

Op has the chicken and the egg in reverse order.
    No.

Quite frankly you don't understand the MMO market and the world's cultural changes. You believe that because YOU wish to have a game where you must pay, that means that everyone wants that. This isn't true. Every piece of evidence points to the complete opposite. Every MMO is experiencing decline and moving to a microtransaction scheme. If there were enough "want to pay" to support them, this wouldn't be the case. Companies do not, in mass, switch from the more profitable model to the less profitable model. This is just an insane idea to believe.

The truth is people do not want to pay for their gaming. They want to play for free, even if that means that there's gating to their playing. In a system where this is true, then that means there has to be whales to support the game. The problem is that if you offer a game for free with no microtransactions, not enough people will simply by the subscription out of the goodness of their heart. The game HAS to count on enough people willing to spend the big bugs to pay for either power (most other MMOs) or pay to bypass grind (DDO).

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    Let's assume for a minute, that DDO after this year will no longer develop new quest's.
    Then it's done. No new content will be the death knell for DDO.

How can a non-subscription game go into maintenance mode?

Will people really stupidly buy Otto's boxes and other p2w stuff on a game that's static? I cannot imagine it.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast