Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Not P2W anymore. It's P2KLO (Pay to Keep Lights On)

Don't complain about P2W if not on VIP or buying things to support DDO.
    Don't complain DDO has to lay off more staff.
    Don't complain if DDO eventually goes to maintenace mode.
    Don't complain about some moral high ground.

Discuss.

The widespread paid cheating is the reason I haven't spent money on the game in ages, other than the Shadowfell pre-order.

Before paid cheating was so widespread I bought a $50 point pack pretty much every sale and bought a lot of totally optional stuff (cosmetics etc). But why reward bad management and a business strategy that has almost completely killed this game?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Why bother climbing a high horse, when the game is what people wanted it to be.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

I am VIP and I still complain P2W regardless. I will support DDO, but the amount of P2W, P2B, P4C or whatever you want to call it ultimately depends on how much I am willing to spend on the game. they are a smart bunch of people over there. surely they can come up with other things that entice people to buy fluff, content, or even the minor P2W stuff I don't really care about. they must show a feeling of investing for the future and not what feels like short term goals.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The widespread paid cheating is the reason I haven't spent money on the game in ages, other than the Shadowfell pre-order.

Before paid cheating was so widespread I bought a $50 point pack pretty much every sale and bought a lot of totally optional stuff (cosmetics etc). But why reward bad management and a business strategy that has almost completely killed this game?
    /agree

We will soon see Epic boxes back in the store. I guess it is alright if people cheat them as long as Turbine sells a lot of them.

If they are going to let people p2cheat (quite literally) sell me the ability to use ed’s in heroics.
    Let me buy a 3rd ring slot
    Let my sorc buy an extra lvl 2 spell slot
    Let me buy an extra heroic feat
    Let me buy an extra epic feat

I am sick of hearing how the game will be unbalanced if they sell half of this stuff, but they are willing to allow cheaters to unbalance the game with no problems.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Maybe they wouldn't have had to sack people if they'd made good moves instead of awful ones.

Stealing peoples money by making them pre-pay for Shadowfail, then later sneaking in the "uhuh, no raid in it". Oh my.

Shutting down the point of raiding/ end game by making loot-gen the most powerful items. Oh my.

Making some fun loot-gen items (that weren't OP and didn't eclipse named items), but then throwing them all in the trash. Oh my.

Ghostbane. Oh my.

It's plain and simply been pathetic strategic direction which has seen the game going down the gurgler for a while now.

If this is how the dev funds are being spent, then you can understand why people aren't spending, and are complaining about the game. Why should people pay to lose? If you can explain that for us, then we'll all grab the cheque books and throw money into the PayToLose system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    Let me buy a 3rd ring slot
    We should be allowed to pierce our nipples dammit.

Crud, trolls don't have nipples.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 02-17-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Maybe they wouldn't have had to sack people if they'd made good moves instead of awful ones.
    Yup.

You reap what you sow. The state of the game, good or bad, is entirely Turbine's doing. As you mentioned, the biggest insult to the custmers was calling Shadowfail an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We should be allowed to pierce our nipples dammit.

Crud, trolls don't have nipples.
    who needs nipples? All of my toons have 20 digits a ring can go around plus 1 more appendage so that makes 21 right?

Yup.

You reap what you sow. The state of the game, good or bad, is entirely Turbine's doing. As you mentioned, the biggest insult to the custmers was calling Shadowfail an expansion.
    Nah turbine is not to blame its all these whingers on the forums its all your fault!!!! If you would just shut up and buy the boxes and stuff all these bad things would just go away!!!

Community Member

So the consensus is DDO is going down the drain because refuse to support for X reasons.
    Hello Elder Scrolls!

The consensus is that the fault lies somewhere else than with people playing the game. Or if some are to blame, its sure aint me, since im downright saintly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout_Zero View Post
    So the consensus is DDO is going down the drain because refuse to support for X reasons.
    Hello Elder Scrolls!
    ESO will not kill DDO, it's a bucket of meh.

DDO is still savable, it just needs a ton more interesting content and some revamping of older stuff that was stupidly out-dated to quickly. This of course takes developer hours, selling Ottos Boxes don't . . . but eventually people will realize the futility in paying for power-ups in a pointless game.

so what ur saying is all the people who screamed p2w, segregated and alienated the people who supported this mmo. Making them feel the need to conform to the outspoken social norms.

Resulting in less money for man hours for bug fixes and technical support, and gameplay development which in turn led to not enough money there to employ as many people and in turn has now resulted in 2 guys and a women who sit there and make sure the servers at least stay up without any thought to creating new game play or fixes.!

My gods! The p2w haters have screwed us all! This was their plan all along. So vindictive were they, that they spent hours upon hours of their time relentlessly posting and belittling pay 2 winners in forum and in game! It was the perfect setup.

I tell you, the depths to which a person will go for vengeance in a game that has wronged them.... They must all be women hahahaha.

Also a side note. Even the mighty wow is dropping like a stone, dead servers, (kinda sick how they offer 50% off server transfers to one that has no one left to inhabit.) More and more mmo's on the horizon, both name brand and new to the battlefield. DDO had best get it's ass in gear and start rick rolling people of YouTube or something.
    Last edited by goodspeed; 02-17-2014 at 10:16 PM.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

ESO will not kill DDO, it's a bucket of meh.

DDO is still savable, it just needs a ton more interesting content and some revamping of older stuff that was stupidly out-dated to quickly. This of course takes developer hours, selling Ottos Boxes don't . . . but eventually people will realize the futility in paying for power-ups in a pointless game.
    The problem is they might not have enough resources to make major changes. From the ground up the system was flawed in being outdated/outleveled too quickly. Or ignored because of poor XP. Complete waste of developer time. There is alot of content out there already not being used. Don't know how they can fix it now. Maybe each quest has a level range selection like challenges. Scale in XP, loot and maybe some crafting material.

EOS, one thing I don't like are shared instances that people camp some mob spawn point hoping to kill something. Annoying. If they fix that, then may check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout_Zero View Post
    The problem is they might not have enough resources to make major changes. From the ground up the system was flawed in being outdated/outleveled too quickly. Or ignored because of poor XP. Complete waste of developer time. There is alot of content out there already not being used. Don't know how they can fix it now. Maybe each quest has a level range selection like challenges. Scale in XP, loot and maybe some crafting material.

EOS, one thing I don't like are shared instances that people camp some mob spawn point hoping to kill something. Annoying. If they fix that, then may check it out.
    Increased XP will result in things being outleveled even faster., so it wont help any.

The flaw lies in the rush for cap, which is inherent in every system that involves a lot of people. Especially since the ones rushing create a myth about how great they are for being at cap/doing EE or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Increased XP will result in things being outleveled even faster., so it wont help any.

The flaw lies in the rush for cap, which is inherent in every system that involves a lot of people. Especially since the ones rushing create a myth about how great they are for being at cap/doing EE or whatever.

Wrong. The flaw lies in the entire TR system.

Community Member

Default DDO is still savable

No, it's not and hasn't been for a long time. Online games, MMO's or otherwise, do not simply disappear. They slowly wither until only the most loyal/dedicated/addicted/comfortable remain. As this occurs development is reduced, new content slows until it stops appearing then finally, some time later the lights are finally turned off.

DDO is too difficult to get into. The burden of knowledge is very high. DDO is too old. Newer games within the same 'world' look better and respond better. DDO's only saving grace is that it's so complex that a niche community that loves working within that complexity will remain.

Really, there's nothing to 'save.' This game is 8 years old and it will never see community growth again. The odd blip perhaps, but never sustained growth. That's why you purge development. It's not because DDO 'sucks now' it's because the game is 8 years old and newer, shiner properties will replace it for the vast majority.

This doesn't mean that the game will suddenly disappear; in all likelihood the doors will still be open for years. However, hoping for new money to be funneled in is a lost cause. It's not because the game has become 'bad.' It's because everything has to end some time. For an MMO, 8 years is a long time.

I believe its you kobolds that are at fault.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Care to elaborate? I'm genuinely curious.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast