Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default Pepe Le Pewpew, range rogue/arti/ranger build

    Hi boys

    I would like your toughs on my new baby build: Pepe!
    He design to be as deadly as one can be with a repeater x-bow, combining rogue sneak attacks, and arti's tricks!
    I used pretty much all the AP/ trees that boost range DPS or x-bow damage. Int is my primary, use it for damage AND to hit.
    There's a lot of skill points to take whatever you want, even swim or some funny like that.
    Finely, full trap capability, imp evasion and an excellent UMD complete the build...

    Update with comments!

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    Level 20 Lawful Good Human Male
    (13 Rogue \ 3 Ranger \ 4 Artificer) 
    Hit Points: 241
    Spell Points: 309 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 12
    Reflex: 23
    Will: 9
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (34 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength              8                    10
    Dexterity            16                    21
    Constitution         14                    18
    Intelligence         18                    32
    Wisdom                8                    10
    Charisma             10                    12
    
    Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Constitution used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 14
    +5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 20
    
    Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Bard
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Precise Shot
    
    
    Level 2 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 3 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Selected) Insightful Reflexes
    
    
    Level 4 (Artificer)
    
    
    Level 5 (Artificer)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Rapid Shot
    
    
    Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Elf
    Feat: (Selected) Precision
    
    
    Level 7 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 8 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Dodge
    
    
    Level 10 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 11 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 12 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    
    
    Level 13 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 14 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 15 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot
    
    
    Level 16 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 17 (Rogue)
    
    
    Level 18 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Opportunist
    
    
    Level 19 (Ranger)
    
    
    Level 20 (Ranger)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Skill Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Awareness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Sniper (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Sniper (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Knife in the Darkness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Dagger in the Back (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Toxin Affinity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Toxin Affinity (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Venomed Blades (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Venomed Blades (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Venomed Blades (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Shadow Dagger (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Shadow Dagger (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Sneak Attack Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Assassin (Rog) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Arbalester (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Tanglefoot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Targeting Sights (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Control (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Faster Sneaking (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Faster Sneaking (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Faster Sneaking (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Far Shot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Sneak Attack (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Stealthy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Stealthy (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Stealthy (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Battle Engineer (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Infused Weapons (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Field Engineer (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Field Engineer (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Field Engineer (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Thaumaturgical Conduits (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Endless Fusilade (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Any ways to make it better is welcome!
    Last edited by Choopak; 02-17-2014 at 12:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Come on guys... any pointers?

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choopak View Post
    Hi boys

    I would like your toughs on my new baby build: Pepe!
    He design to be as deadly as one can be with a repeater x-bow, combining rogue sneak attacks, and arti's tricks!
    I used pretty much all the AP/ trees that boost range DPS or x-bow damage. Int is my primary, use it for damage AND to hit.
    There's a lot of skill points to take whatever you want, even swim or some funny like that.
    Finely, full trap capability, imp evasion and an excellent UMD complete the build...
    Any ways to make it better is welcome!
    I noticed you have points into Lacerating Shots, so you're planning to use great-crossbows in addition to repeaters? (Repeaters don't benefit from Lacerating Shots AFAICT... but I could be wrong?)

    I might possibly drop at least one or two rogue levels in favor of more ranger or arti. Second level of ranger would get you "free" Rapid Shot, or alternatively 2 more levels of artificer would get you level 3 spells, such as Flame Turret. ... not sure... being f2p myself, don't have artificer so what do I know...
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

  4. #4
    Community Member inspiredunease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Been looking at builds like this recently as well. I would reiterate Mna's points, and also try and give you a little thought about other class splits.

    13 Rogue still gives you opportunist and access to improved sneak attack, and would allow you to pick up 6 arti, getting you flame turret which for early levelling is a ridiculous easy button, and insightful damage later which would allow you to shuffle around AP for a little more flexibility (you really don't need int to-hit, you will not have a problem with it).

    10 rogue misses out on opportunist and improved sneak attack, but you could go 6 ranger 4 arti, allowing you to pick up sniper shot, 30 positive SP, 15 metres increased ranged sneak attack range, headshot, and improved archer's focus, which I think is a better option than any tier 5 stuff from the mechanic, battle engineer or assassin trees. Very different build though, and sacrifices a lot of sneak damage (you would have to drop ap from assassin too, as I think you'd need to spend 34 in DWS, 11 in mechanic to get targeting sights, 24 in BE for endless, leaving you only 11 to distribute around human and assassin).

    A final (non-human) option is BF 12 rogue 6 artificer 2 paladin. Still allows access to IPS and a deep investment in the assassin tree for even more sneak damage, but takes a lot of extra points in the blade-forged tree for best self-healing, weapon attachment and power of the forge. All this and you get improved evasion with pally saves for super-survivability.

  5. #5
    Community Member Bolo_Grubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    I have been playing a 10 rogue/6 ranger/4 arti build and loving it.

    All my AP are spent in Mech/DWS/Battle Engineer. With just a little in Human.

    All damage is range repeating crossbows.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    I noticed you have points into Lacerating Shots, so you're planning to use great-crossbows in addition to repeaters? (Repeaters don't benefit from Lacerating Shots AFAICT... but I could be wrong?)

    I might possibly drop at least one or two rogue levels in favor of more ranger or arti. Second level of ranger would get you "free" Rapid Shot, or alternatively 2 more levels of artificer would get you level 3 spells, such as Flame Turret. ... not sure... being f2p myself, don't have artificer so what do I know...
    Good catch on lacerating shots, will take it off.
    4 levels of arti is enough for endless fusillade, 2 more ranger is a good idea... 13 rogue vs 15 rogue is only 1d6 less sneak attack...
    And with 2 more ranger you get a rapid shot (free feat) and you can go deeper in DWS...

    Quote Originally Posted by inspiredunease View Post
    Been looking at builds like this recently as well. I would reiterate Mna's points, and also try and give you a little thought about other class splits.

    13 Rogue still gives you opportunist and access to improved sneak attack, and would allow you to pick up 6 arti, getting you flame turret which for early levelling is a ridiculous easy button, and insightful damage later which would allow you to shuffle around AP for a little more flexibility (you really don't need int to-hit, you will not have a problem with it).

    10 rogue misses out on opportunist and improved sneak attack, but you could go 6 ranger 4 arti, allowing you to pick up sniper shot, 30 positive SP, 15 metres increased ranged sneak attack range, headshot, and improved archer's focus, which I think is a better option than any tier 5 stuff from the mechanic, battle engineer or assassin trees. Very different build though, and sacrifices a lot of sneak damage (you would have to drop ap from assassin too, as I think you'd need to spend 34 in DWS, 11 in mechanic to get targeting sights, 24 in BE for endless, leaving you only 11 to distribute around human and assassin).

    A final (non-human) option is BF 12 rogue 6 artificer 2 paladin. Still allows access to IPS and a deep investment in the assassin tree for even more sneak damage, but takes a lot of extra points in the blade-forged tree for best self-healing, weapon attachment and power of the forge. All this and you get improved evasion with pally saves for super-survivability.
    Improved sneak attack is hard to pass: +3d6 sneak attack!
    6 rangers is really tasty, heck might even drop arti and go 13/6/1?? all that range, and sniper shot let you use your SA dices
    arti does grant you the use of runearms, and a few useful goodies.
    The BF version is temping... spec with self recon, and pally saves! but then i have to invest in CHA... the good thing: you start at level 15!

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    I have been playing a 10 rogue/6 ranger/4 arti build and loving it.

    All my AP are spent in Mech/DWS/Battle Engineer. With just a little in Human.

    All damage is range repeating crossbows.
    Me like!!! you got a build? please, lol

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    BTW, this guy will be for running epic, EN, EH first, then... maybe EE...
    Only concern: will it be enough?
    Some of you suggest i'll go full arti, or full rogue for epic, never play either so...

  9. #9
    2015 DDO Players Council Dodoroq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I am considering a similar build for the next life, pew-pew rogue/ranger/arti. I am doing that for ranger past life though, so the aim may be a bit different (means should be the same).
    So far on paper it comes best to go 7 Ranger/7 Rogue/6 Arti, Mechanic for Int-to-damage, Arti for fusillade and Int-to-hit and the runearm (do not forget the runearm, they add oh so much damage just holding it and also some instakill abilities on undead, construct and outsiders (Hand of the Tombs, Disciplinator and Animus) which goes nice with the fast rate of repeaters) and ranger for free Manyshot (still ridiculously OP with Furyshot so that it pays off to switch to bow each 2 mins), DWS enhancements (which work with repeaters). Will report back how it goes once U21 hits the table as having around 4800 favor seems like a waste not getting to 5000 for the free tome.
    Characters on Cannith: Daian of the Tree, would-be completionist (life 12); Tirain Hawksong (4th life Monkcher), Sorain Hawksong (2nd life Wizard), several mules.
    Recruitment Officer and proud member of The Silver Legion on Cannith. Feel free to PM me about the guild!

  10. #10
    The Hatchery Rawrargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    403

    Default

    I did a 7/7/6 split one life for the ranger pastlife wich was ridiculously awesome for leveling 1-20 since it's very front loaded and get's a lot of sneak attack damage.

    At 18 I was hitting for 2-300 on a volley counting SA, xbow, rune arm and poison, with improved precise shot I could take down packs of mobs in seconds from a safe distance so my repair's were rarely used.

    HOWEVER once I hit 20 the SA really lost it's boomboom and I TR'd almost immediately after hitting epics because it took forever to kill anything on any difficulty past EN.
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrargh View Post
    I did a 7/7/6 split one life for the ranger pastlife wich was ridiculously awesome for leveling 1-20 since it's very front loaded and get's a lot of sneak attack damage.

    At 18 I was hitting for 2-300 on a volley counting SA, xbow, rune arm and poison, with improved precise shot I could take down packs of mobs in seconds from a safe distance so my repair's were rarely used.

    HOWEVER once I hit 20 the SA really lost it's boomboom and I TR'd almost immediately after hitting epics because it took forever to kill anything on any difficulty past EN.
    Nice to know since this build is design to be used in epic...
    So i should max regular DPS, and not relying to much on sneak attack??? Arcane archer, monkcher are very successful... surely there's a way t make a repeater x-bow viable...
    Thanks for input

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrargh View Post
    HOWEVER once I hit 20 the SA really lost it's boomboom and I TR'd almost immediately after hitting epics because it took forever to kill anything on any difficulty past EN.
    That's true if you play without Epic destinies and also if don't have very good gear. I have a Fighter 8/rogue 8/artificer 4 kensai, mechanic and battleengineer repeater build and when I started epic destinies I was able to solo most of epic hards without much problem just with a radiance repeater blinding mobs with decent sneak damage in shadowdancer, although it did take some more of time compared with epic normal that was already cake. Once I made my way through Shiradi, got a needle + corruption of nature, combat archery more int and some doubleshot I started to notice some important dps diference. now Im lvl 28 with full shiradi/fury and soloing EH is cake, they die fast enough and now I feel confident to play on EE parties doing a decent contribution fully from range and with 64 self buffed reflex with evasion, 19% dodge, 155% fort, 800/900hp, 52 prr and cocoon/heal scrolls I almost never die (just few times when no fom and get held or helpless)
    Last edited by elcagador; 02-20-2014 at 09:21 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    I have a 10 Rogue/6 Ranger/4 Artificer 36-point build that I love, but haven't been playing much right now...focusing on other characters at the moment.

    I am however, thinking of LR'ing to swap 2 levels of Artificer for 2 more of Rogue...here are my thoughts:

    - Why not Rogue 13 for extra Rogue ability?
    I need 6 levels of Ranger for Sniper Shot (it's that good!) and I will need 2 levels of Artificer for Rune Arm use (decent DPS boost, plus additional abilities)

    - Why drop from 4 Artificer?
    I love EF, but spending 20 AP's to qualify is brutal. I've also been experiencing a bug that stops my EF after is starts, and I have to click to hit again. Also, the additional 3d6 SA is nice (especially when coupled with Sniper Shot.

    Other than the slight modification, I really love my Repeater Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    I have a 10 Rogue/6 Ranger/4 Artificer 36-point build that I love, but haven't been playing much right now...focusing on other characters at the moment.

    I am however, thinking of LR'ing to swap 2 levels of Artificer for 2 more of Rogue...here are my thoughts:

    - Why not Rogue 13 for extra Rogue ability?
    I need 6 levels of Ranger for Sniper Shot (it's that good!) and I will need 2 levels of Artificer for Rune Arm use (decent DPS boost, plus additional abilities)

    - Why drop from 4 Artificer?
    I love EF, but spending 20 AP's to qualify is brutal. I've also been experiencing a bug that stops my EF after is starts, and I have to click to hit again. Also, the additional 3d6 SA is nice (especially when coupled with Sniper Shot.

    Other than the slight modification, I really love my Repeater Beast
    I want 12 rogue for imp sneak attack... and at least 2 arti for runearms use, so 6 levels free.
    options: 17rog/3arti (int to hit)
    16rog/4arti (endless fusillade)
    15rog/4arti/1ran
    lastly: 13rog/6ran/1arti

    Anyone run a build like on eof those? would like to know epic viability...

  15. #15
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choopak View Post
    Anyone run a build like on eof those? would like to know epic viability...
    I had a similar experience to one of the posters. My intention was to roll a 12 rogue/6 ranger/2 arti, but ended up going with a little more ranger to collect a ranger past life. In epics, I found the dps to be underwhelming, although I mostly soloed. Soloing on a character that relies heavily on sneak attack damage is not the best experience even if Sniper Shot is getting you the sneak attacks a lot of the time. I was missing out on about 4d6 sneak attack damage that I would have been getting with the 12/6/2 split, but even then I thought it wouldn't be worth playing, so I TR'ed the character into something else entirely (which sucked worse, iirc. I experiment a lot.)

    The epic destinies are so powerful that I feel if you aren't able to utilize a really good one (like FOTW, Dreandought, or Shiradi (as a caster) ), the character may feel gimped. Recently finding out that Master's Blitz works with bow attacks (and hopefully xbows too) makes me think that the 12/6/2 repeater may be able to do alright in the DPS department in epics if a decent way to build up Blitz charges is integrated into the build (taking cleave and/or g cleave).

    Although I wasn't impressed with my repeating xbow character, there are certainly others in the forums who put more time and effort into theirs. I'm throwing my opinion into the mix, but I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I had a similar experience to one of the posters. My intention was to roll a 12 rogue/6 ranger/2 arti, but ended up going with a little more ranger to collect a ranger past life. In epics, I found the dps to be underwhelming, although I mostly soloed. Soloing on a character that relies heavily on sneak attack damage is not the best experience even if Sniper Shot is getting you the sneak attacks a lot of the time. I was missing out on about 4d6 sneak attack damage that I would have been getting with the 12/6/2 split, but even then I thought it wouldn't be worth playing, so I TR'ed the character into something else entirely (which sucked worse, iirc. I experiment a lot.)

    The epic destinies are so powerful that I feel if you aren't able to utilize a really good one (like FOTW, Dreandought, or Shiradi (as a caster) ), the character may feel gimped. Recently finding out that Master's Blitz works with bow attacks (and hopefully xbows too) makes me think that the 12/6/2 repeater may be able to do alright in the DPS department in epics if a decent way to build up Blitz charges is integrated into the build (taking cleave and/or g cleave).

    Although I wasn't impressed with my repeating xbow character, there are certainly others in the forums who put more time and effort into theirs. I'm throwing my opinion into the mix, but I'm certainly no expert on the subject.
    Thanks man, i'm following a build right now who focus on range DPS + assassinate... Mostly assassin
    I really like repeaters! only level 9 so no easy kill button yet, but still at this level i found the x-bow pretty potent.
    I'm still a pure rogue... but that might change if i want to boost range DPS, just looking for right split i guess

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Anyone have a high level arti/rogue (ranger) build? would love an update on epic viability...
    Still debating if should go 13rog/4arti/3ran as OP
    12rog/6ran/2arti, acces to imp SA, sniper shot and runearm use
    10rog/6ran/4arti all out range dps
    Feedback would be very appreciated before i TR into my repeater nightmare

  18. #18
    Community Member Bolo_Grubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choopak View Post
    Me like!!! you got a build? please, lol
    Sorry for the late reply, busy crazy at work and changing jobs etc. but here is the build I am using .

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    4-DJrange 
    Level 28 True Neutral Human Male
    (10 Rogue \ 6 Ranger \ 4 Artificer \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 394
    Spell Points: 372 
    BAB: 16\16\21\26\26
    Fortitude: 13
    Reflex: 24
    Will: 9
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength              8                    11
    Dexterity            16                    22
    Constitution         16                    18
    Intelligence         18                    32
    Wisdom                8                    11
    Charisma              8                    12
    
    Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 6
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 6
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10
    +4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
    +4 Tome of Charisma used at level 14
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               7                    41
    Bluff                 3                    33
    Concentration         3                    16
    Diplomacy             3                    35
    Disable Device        8                    52
    Haggle               -1                    10
    Heal                 -1                     9
    Hide                  7                    38
    Intimidate           -1                    10
    Jump                  3                    24
    Listen               -1                    13
    Move Silently         7                    38
    Open Lock             7                    45
    Perform              n/a                   n/a
    Repair                4                    25
    Search                8                    49
    Spellcraft            4                    20
    Spot                  3                    36
    Swim                  3                    26
    Tumble                7                    30
    Use Magic Device      3                    35
    
    Level 1 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+4)
    Skill: Bluff (+4)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+4)
    Skill: Disable Device (+4)
    Skill: Hide (+4)
    Skill: Jump (+4)
    Skill: Move Silently (+4)
    Skill: Open Lock (+4)
    Skill: Search (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+4)
    Skill: Swim (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+4)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+4)
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Least Dragonmark of Passage
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Artificer
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Artificer
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Bard
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Druid
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Ranger
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Rogue
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    
    
    Level 2 (Artificer)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 3 (Artificer)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Dodge
    
    
    Level 4 (Artificer)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+0.5)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 5 (Artificer)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+0.5)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Artificer Bonus) Augment Summoning
    
    
    Level 6 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+5)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+1)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Insightful Reflexes
    
    
    Level 7 (Ranger)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+0.5)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
    
    
    Level 8 (Rogue)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+7)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 9 (Ranger)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+0.5)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Precision
    
    
    Level 10 (Ranger)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 11 (Ranger)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 12 (Ranger)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Human
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    
    
    Level 13 (Ranger)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+2)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 14 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+2)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+6)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Tumble (+2)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 15 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Tumble (+8)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Precise Shot
    
    
    Level 16 (Rogue)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Hide (+9)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 17 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Move Silently (+9)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 18 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Hide (+1)
    Skill: Move Silently (+8)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Mobility
    
    
    Level 19 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Hide (+8)
    Skill: Move Silently (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    
    
    Level 20 (Rogue)
    Ability Raise: DEX
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Bluff (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Disable Device (+1)
    Skill: Hide (+1)
    Skill: Move Silently (+1)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Search (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+7)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+1)
    Feat: (Rogue Bonus) Improved Evasion
    
    
    Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Combat Archery
    
    
    Level 22 (Epic)
    
    
    Level 23 (Epic)
    
    
    Level 24 (Epic)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Great Intelligence
    
    
    Level 25 (Epic)
    
    
    Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Holy Strike
    
    
    Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed
    
    
    Level 28 (Epic)
    Ability Raise: DEX
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Elusive Target
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Orien Dragonmark Focus (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Nimble Fingers (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Lesser Dragonmark of Passage (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Awareness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Sniper (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Sniper (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Human - Sniper (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Human - Skill Mastery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Arbalester (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Tanglefoot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Targeting Sights (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Mechanics (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Awareness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Mechanic (Rog) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Battle Engineer (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Infused Weapons (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Field Engineer (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Field Engineer (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Field Engineer (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Wracking Shot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Extra Action Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Crossbow Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Endless Fusilade (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Battle Engineer (Art) - Intelligence (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Far Shot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Sneak Attack (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Sniper Shot (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Favored Resistance (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Increased Empathy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Increased Empathy (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Empathic Healing (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Empathic Healing (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Thrill of the Hunt (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Thrill of the Hunt (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Thrill of the Hunt (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Deepwood Stalker (Rgr) - Aimed Shot (Rank 1)
    I solo a lot with this build and use a lot of hirelings and summoned creatures, so right now I am working on Druid past lives for the bonus to summons. I hope to get several more melee type past lives including a total of 3 ranger, 3 rogue, 3 arti, 3 druid, and 3 barbarian. as you can see this is a long term project and this character is always in some state of TR.
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 03-13-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    503

    Default

    I started something similar.
    I am going to do 13 rogue/4 fighter/3 arti
    I already picked up almost all my repeater feats at level 7. Shot on the run, point blank, rapid shot, rapid reload, precise shot. My other feats were Mark of Passage, Dodge, Mobility. That right now is at 4 ftr/2rg/1art and human.
    I am planning on later on the road focusing on bluff. Bluff on ranged makes a lot of sense in between reload. Get all your Sneak damage on big targets face to face which is why I chose Mark of Passage to keep my speed.
    I chose fighter because it gave me all the feats I needed to pull it off faster then ranger.
    The only reason I even added arti was to boost UMD on scrolls and wands, the repeater proficiencies and enhancements.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 03-17-2014 at 07:41 AM.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Well, semi-necro, but...

    i've been toying around with the following:

    13 rog/5 rang/2 arti

    shadar kai (2 SA Die, practical fear immunity, 3% dodge, badass look)


    STATS @ 1 36 pt build, 2 rogue past lives.

    STR: 9 (+4 tome)
    DEX: 17 (+4 tome)
    CON: 15 (+5 Tome)
    INT: 18 (+4 Tome) ALL LEVEL-UPS HERE
    WIS: 8 (+4 Tome)
    CHA: 9 (+4 Tome)

    Feats: (in no order)
    Dodge - lvl 6
    Mobility - lvl 9
    imp-crit ranged - lvl 12 (i think)
    Imp precise shot - lvl 15
    Insightful Reflexes - lvl 3
    Point Blank Shot - lvl 1
    Precision - lvl 18

    Combat archery - lvl 21
    Imp Sneak Attack - lvl 24
    Toughness - lvl 26
    Blinding speed - lvl 27
    Elusive Target or Doubleshot - lvl 28 (haven't decided yet)

    Rogue feats: Imp Evasion + Skill Master (I think opportunist only applies to melee)


    Enhancements:

    Mostly focus on assassin / mechanic trees

    Mechanic tree - for the int-to-damage and repeater damage bonuses as well as UMD and +2 Int and trapping skills
    Assassin tree - for the +4 SA die, +2 int, venomed blades and a few others
    Deepwood stalker - for +2 SA die, +3 saves vs. favored enemy
    Shadar kai - for +2 SA die, 3% dodge, +1 int, and the bold ability (3 sec remove fear effect).

    SO.. 8d6 SA dice from enhancements, 7d6 from rogue levels, 6d6 from shadowdancer, 3d6 from imp sneak attack = 24d6 @ lvl 28
    25% dodge without trying hard

    beyond that, not much else to add, might tweak this build to 13 rog / 3 rang / 4 arti..

    having a blast with it though.
    Last edited by RoguemcStabby; 03-31-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload