Community Member

Default Starter Pack - Hireling does she level?

Hello I was looking to get the Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Starter Pack - Digital Download it comes with a level 3 permanent hireling. Does this hireling level at all or does it stay level three?

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunsman View Post
    Hello I was looking to get the Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Starter Pack - Digital Download it comes with a level 3 permanent hireling. Does this hireling level at all or does it stay level three?
    I'm relatively confident it stays level 3. (probably not the answer you were looking for though, sorry!)

Hopefully someone else can confirm.
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

Thanks that was what I thought I was just hoping.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Stays level3

She will always be level 3.

However if you play an arty or druid, you can assign her to defend/heal your dog or wolf. I will use the L3 hire till about level 9 ish for the dog. Use a regular hire on yourself and you can get more play from the L3 hire for your pet.

Default Bug with Elieri

When you do the quest in the tavern on Khortos do not dismiss Elieri once you called her, because the dismissing would cause a main goal to fail ("Do not reenter the Dungeon" or something like that) and you have to start the quest again.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunsman View Post
    She is very good as an endless mana pot. If you could unbind her, you could prolly sell her for a couple mil on the AH.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

She won't level (she's fixed at level 3). As others have pointed out, she's useful for healing pets or for light healing when (for example) you do slayers in wildernesses or fairly easy dungeons. She does a million little useful things (pulls levers/activates runes, has Divine Vitality, etc).

I have a level 7 who is still happily making use of her. I think I end up dumping her in the bank around level 9 (till the next go-round).

I bought that pack specifically to get her as a hireling (I already owned Catacombs) and she's paid for herself in time/convenience.

Community Member

She values a tone to solo quests at all levels. It allows you easy access, without buying temporal gold ones at store, to have two helpers simultaneously, or three with skeleton if you are wizard or dog if artificer. This allows you to move levers, press platforms, and generally do things that cannot otherwise be done alone.

Additionally she has surprisingly good survivability till the mid levels, and anyway the divine vitality comes handy multiple times, which added to the capacity to call her at any point of the quest makes her a good asset in your bag at any level.

Community Member

Yeah, she's useful.

I would have bought multiple starter packs, if it were possible, so several of my characters could have her handy without having to bother to transfer her through the shared bank.

Geoff.