Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110
  1. #21
    Community Member Nayus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    You just need to press 1 button in your keyboard and then click "Share".
    The other person might need to climb half a map, find the correct NPC, go through the entire conversation while tirelessly typing Enter, sometimes Turbine trolls you and you need to do it all over again because the "I'm not interested" option was the first one listed. Even if the NPC is right next to the entrance it's still a bother to do it, you're making your party members go through unnecessary trouble.

    The first player to get a quest should share to the others, this is what I call being polite and gentle. If you just want to ruin other people's day there are more entertaining things you can do.

    Also, if you're getting ****ed off by something this simple and stupid then you should REALLY take a break. For your own good. This is the best advice you'll get.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    You just need to press 1 button in your keyboard and then click "Share".
    The other person might need to climb half a map, find the correct NPC, go through the entire conversation while tirelessly typing Enter, sometimes Turbine trolls you and you need to do it all over again because the "I'm not interested" option was the first one listed. Even if the NPC is right next to the entrance it's still a bother to do it, you're making your party members go through unnecessary trouble.

    The first player to get a quest should share to the others, this is what I call being polite and gentle. If you just want to ruin other people's day there are more entertaining things you can do.

    Also, if you're getting ****ed off by something this simple and stupid then you should REALLY take a break. For your own good. This is the best advice you'll get.
    You are missing a point. The problem is not saying hi/hello/hey/ello/yo/... I agree with OP and I don't think it is simple or stupid. I think it is rude. They can 'simply' hit two buttons ('H' and 'I') as well. And it has nothing to do with new players for being new.
    Last edited by somethingtosay; 02-14-2014 at 04:21 PM.

  3. #23
    Community Member Tscheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    Hallo.

    Share, please.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  4. #24
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSuperman View Post
    Why would you boot for something like that?
    because self important *people* who take themselves too seriously play games too.
    Last edited by IronClan; 02-14-2014 at 04:39 PM.

  5. #25
    Community Member Tscheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    because self important *people* who take themselves too seriously play games too.
    Just because someone forgets to say hallo doesn't mean they are self-important. Maybe they just got distracted.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  6. #26
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,403

    Default

    i do think its a bit rude to not say at least hello when joining a group but i don't think its worthy of a boot unless they came a cross as rude. some people have a much lower tolerance level than i do i guess.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  7. #27
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    I think it is rude.
    The rudeness is entirely imagined, most people are just trying to get to the quest as fast as possible the "slight" is entirely imagined 100% of the sincere requests for a share in the history of DDO were meant without any insult or rudeness (unless it was someone trolling someone they know hates that, so as I said sincere).

    The defensiveness and "put on" attitude of "too cool to give out shares" however is a real thing and is entirely about the person who goes around in life getting offended by minor BS and sees insults and slights in every little nuance of other peoples interactions with them because... well... They are like that, we all know someone like that and most of us dislike that person because you have to over-explain everything and guard what you kid other people about, because they are over sensitive and take everything too seriously and are thus no fun to be around.

  8. #28
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i do think its a bit rude to not say at least hello when joining a group but i don't think its worthy of a boot unless they came a cross as rude. some people have a much lower tolerance level than i do i guess.
    Agree with Qhualor (am I the only one that wants to read your name as Quatloo?)

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    The rudeness is entirely imagined, most people are just trying to get to the quest as fast as possible the "slight" is entirely imagined 100% of the sincere requests for a share in the history of DDO were meant without any insult or rudeness (unless it was someone trolling someone they know hates that, so as I said sincere).

    The defensiveness and "put on" attitude of "too cool to give out shares" however is a real thing and is entirely about the person who goes around in life getting offended by minor BS and sees insults and slights in every little nuance of other peoples interactions with them because... well... They are like that, we all know someone like that and most of us dislike that person because you have to over-explain everything and guard what you kid other people about, because they are over sensitive and take everything too seriously and are thus no fun to be around.
    Ethic is about how the other is feeling/reacting to your action. Who cares if you think that in a perfect world people should just accept someone joining the group using minimal effort (not even getting the quest... usually means as much when it comes to what's gonna happen IN the quest). Truth is, it's irritating for some. Even more so when it's a walk up quest.

    Sure sometimes it screams "i'm a noob" so it's ok. But sometimes it also screams "I won't contribute" and while I don't know exactly what happened to the OP, I'd guess that it was in an Elite/Zerg/Whatever LFM... where a noob just shouldn't be if he doesn't even know where the quest is.

    So if you add up those possibilities, what might happen (not only in theory) is not just as simple as you'd like it to be.


    That being said, i'd never kick anyone for that reason and am the kind to share up front if I feel like it'll save time / ease other.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 02-14-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  10. #30
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Agree with Qhualor (am I the only one that wants to read your name as Quatloo?)
    thats what happens after trying 100 different names when creating a character and all you come up with is spit because you cant think of anything else.

    ill take that over Quaalude.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  11. #31
    Community Member DogMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Dover ,England
    Posts
    596

    Default

    So 1 quest and 1 raid spring to mind where the giver is NOT at the quest and that is VON4 and Chrono, so while I am buffing ill say share plse if I don't have it and the reason I ask for a sha5re is so I can enter and be part of the group and not arrive late. Now if that gets up your craw then go 5 man or 11

  12. #32
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    6,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard3 View Post
    Made the decision that I am going to boot everyone who joins my LFM when their first words are “share quest”. If they say hello or something first, I’m ok with that. Otherwise… yer done.
    So what are you going to do if they join, immediately and silently step into the quest, and THEN, first thing they SAY, is to ask for a share?

  13. #33
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    You just need to press 1 button in your keyboard and then click "Share".
    The other person might need to climb half a map, find the correct NPC, go through the entire conversation while tirelessly typing Enter, sometimes Turbine trolls you and you need to do it all over again because the "I'm not interested" option was the first one listed. Even if the NPC is right next to the entrance it's still a bother to do it, you're making your party members go through unnecessary trouble.
    No, I need to open quest log, find correct area out of 30 avaible, then find a quest out of 10-20 entries.
    Its usually faster to get a quest from NPC than to share it.
    The first player to get a quest should share to the others, this is what I call being polite and gentle. If you just want to ruin other people's day there are more entertaining things you can do.
    I'm reaquiring the quest right after getting reward, so no one in my pug is there when I get it. And I'm probably not going to bother looking for it.
    Also, if you're getting ****ed off by something this simple and stupid then you should REALLY take a break. For your own good. This is the best advice you'll get.
    /alias add ;hi Hello, could you share quest(s), please?

    Then you just hit

    /p ;hi

    And Hello, could you share quest(s), please? pops into party chat. Requires less effort than typing shr each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  14. #34

    Default

    Many people seem to be missing the OP's point. Giving a share is not a problem at all. It's the rudeness of the first thing you say to a group of strangers is an instruction for them to do something. In polite society we start off with a greeting, like "Hello."

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    The rudeness is entirely imagined, most people are just trying to get to the quest as fast as possible the "slight" is entirely imagined 100% of the sincere requests for a share in the history of DDO were meant without any insult or rudeness (unless it was someone trolling someone they know hates that, so as I said sincere).

    The defensiveness and "put on" attitude of "too cool to give out shares" however is a real thing and is entirely about the person who goes around in life getting offended by minor BS and sees insults and slights in every little nuance of other peoples interactions with them because... well... They are like that, we all know someone like that and most of us dislike that person because you have to over-explain everything and guard what you kid other people about, because they are over sensitive and take everything too seriously and are thus no fun to be around.
    Uhm...it is about good manners. That is all.

    And are you really giving me here 'psychoanalysis' based on what I think that's rude and how does it reflect on my real life or am I just getting it wrong?

    Anyways...talking about real life do you come to the stranger asking what time is it without saying hello/good morning/.... as well? Maybe you do, I don't know manners of your country but in mine it is definetely not a habit.

  16. #36
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,114

    Default

    While I personally prefer the "hello" type response or even "omw" type responses as a first contact type message, I've come to understand that a group of people that use the "share please" as their first To Party message are simply trying to make sure they get end reward credit. There are few quests that require that you pick them up before you can enter a quest, but 100% of the quests require that you are actively on the quest to get the end reward. There is also a group of people that in all honesty don't know where the quest is located let alone the quest giver. In these cases about 40% can find there way once they have the quest, the rest will either still need guidance or will get lost and never even make it to the quest while going in the totally opposite direction of an explorer area even after you told them how to get there.

    However, the OP has now become fed up with this and instead of just putting "No Shr plox" in their LFM have decided to post their frustration which will miss the majority of their target audience.

    This is one of those times I would say a break is in order. Avoid PuGs, reacquaint yourself with guildees, run solo or take up a project outside of DDO where you don't have to deal with people.

    Personally I don't have an issue with "share please", I have an issue of not being patient, as sometimes I'm busy with some element of the quest. You can usually still step in (see above comment about some quests requiring being on the quest to enter) and get a share while inside.

    But I do agree, it is courteous and usually well received to at least open dialog with something other then a request.

  17. #37
    Community Member DogMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Dover ,England
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Many people seem to be missing the OP's point. Giving a share is not a problem at all. It's the rudeness of the first thing you say to a group of strangers is an instruction for them to do something. In polite society we start off with a greeting, like "Hello."
    Depend as to what toon im on as most people say hello to me

  18. #38
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    Uhm...it is about good manners. That is all.
    Look I'm okay with "it's rude" in a forgetful and non intentional way, Hell I've never joined an LFM without saying Hi, OMW. I just think the person who takes enough exception to forgetful rudeness to boot them, is probably dealing with their own issues.

  19. #39
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    In another thread people were talking about the elitist running of casuals. If the casuals are the ones asking for share plox before saying anything else, I would like to be in charge of telling them to get out. The nerve of them to join a party, not say anything but " I need a handout" does not bode well with me.


    Sure I'll share chrono or Von 4 with someone, but I don't have time for idiots that want gh walk up quests shared.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    251

    Default

    I saw a guy get booted like this the other day. Servants elite and he joins with, "shr plz."
    Leader says, "The giver is right outside the quest. Are you serious?"
    Followed by, "C'mon shr plz."
    Boot. I got a laugh out of it personally.
    How much Ghost could a Ghostbane Bane if a Ghostbane could Bane Ghost?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload