Community Member

Default Which IC work with Sireth?

Just got Sireth and the threat range is not extended with improved critical bludgeoning which makes the Wiki wrong while slashing does not either. The only bonus to threat range comes from Staff Specialization.
    Unrelated but seems Stout would be a better staff since it has the same threat range but a bigger critical multiplier and base damage since Shillelagh works on it.
    Last edited by Altrelo; 02-14-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrelo View Post
    Just got Sireth and the threat range is not extended with improved critical bludgeoning which makes the Wiki wrong while slashing does not either. The only bonus to threat range comes from Staff Specialization.
    Unrelated but seems Stout would be a better staff since it has the same threat range but a bigger critical multiplier and base damage since Shillelagh works on it.
    It used to be always bludgeoning.
    When talking about crit. range always use it in combat and see at which minimum dice you get to roll a crit. confirmation roll.
    The crit. range shown in the inventory examination window has always been a buggy mess.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

AFAIK, it should be bludgeoning. Regardless of the type of damage (slash/pierce/bludgeon) each weapon is pigeon-holed into a damage type (bludgeon for Qstaff, peirce for short sword).

I think I have a similar problem with Celestia and IC:Pierce on my Rogue, the inventory panel doesn't show the extended crit range though I haven't actually checked my combat die to confirm if it has or hasn't yet.

Stoner81.

Sirieth uses Bludgeon. If you look at the Improved Critical feat, you'll notice that it actually contains a bunch of sub-feats, one for each weapon. If the weapon (staff) is listed under the general feat, then it works for all weapons that are listed as being "staff" regardless of the damage the weapons actually do.

This is NOT true for all cases, however, for example the Pulverizer ability on Legendary Dreadnought does not work with Sirieth--it requires a weapon that does *actual* bludgeon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Sirieth uses Bludgeon. If you look at the Improved Critical feat, you'll notice that it actually contains a bunch of sub-feats, one for each weapon. If the weapon (staff) is listed under the general feat, then it works for all weapons that are listed as being "staff" regardless of the damage the weapons actually do.

This is NOT true for all cases, however, for example the Pulverizer ability on Legendary Dreadnought does not work with Sirieth--it requires a weapon that does *actual* bludgeon damage.
    This is correct.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular