Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default how to fix sorc?

since there is threads to fix just about everything else. It would be nice if playing sorc didnt automaticly mean you needed to play a robot to make a viable sorc for epic elites. I'm aware there are ways around this with multi-classing but how about a way to actually play a pure sorc in epic elites that is fully capable handling themselves as an elf or drow or human?
    I would suggest allowing sorc umd as a class skill they are suppose to be born of magic so why not allow umd? I mean a creature that is born of magic and puts the effort into learning divine scrolls should learn them just as easy as a rogue or bard or artificer I would think.
    or how about some sort of arcane self healing based on their element like a short period of time they can absorb their element for hp perhaps a 10 second absorption with a 60 second cool down or something. so it doesn't create god like fire savants that stand in firewalls with unlimited hps or something silly.
    I would just like to have options for making a sorc that is not a robot. I don't really like wf/bf so don't play them as a result i tend to avoid the sorc class though I have 2 as past lives. 1 I built as a h-elf with cleric dil and the other I used umd. neither really worked very well though I do love Wizards.
    sorc/shiradi are killing machines and the machine is literal as they pretty much need to be robots. I do realize this is likely at the bottom of the list for things that might need fixing or balancing as other classes need a lot more help but just throwing it out there that fleshie sorc needs some love too.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowowl View Post
    since there is threads to fix just about everything else. It would be nice if playing sorc didnt automaticly mean you needed to play a robot to make a viable sorc for epic elites. I'm aware there are ways around this with multi-classing but how about a way to actually play a pure sorc in epic elites that is fully capable handling themselves as an elf or drow or human?
    I would suggest allowing sorc umd as a class skill they are suppose to be born of magic so why not allow umd? I mean a creature that is born of magic and puts the effort into learning divine scrolls should learn them just as easy as a rogue or bard or artificer I would think.
    or how about some sort of arcane self healing based on their element like a short period of time they can absorb their element for hp perhaps a 10 second absorption with a 60 second cool down or something. so it doesn't create god like fire savants that stand in firewalls with unlimited hps or something silly.
    I would just like to have options for making a sorc that is not a robot. I don't really like wf/bf so don't play them as a result i tend to avoid the sorc class though I have 2 as past lives. 1 I built as a h-elf with cleric dil and the other I used umd. neither really worked very well though I do love Wizards.
    sorc/shiradi are killing machines and the machine is literal as they pretty much need to be robots. I do realize this is likely at the bottom of the list for things that might need fixing or balancing as other classes need a lot more help but just throwing it out there that fleshie sorc needs some love too.
    I don't agree. There is no class that works best as a pure class, why should sorc be any different?

What is the point of having UMD as a class skill? With charisma as the main stat, sorcs can easily UMD any scroll at end game. This won't change a thing.

You don't need to be a robot to do well at end game. There are vids of a fleshy sorc soloing end game content. There are two very popular build thread for fleshy sorcs in the subforums. And any class can twist in cocoon for strong, uninterruptable healing.

You probably didnt see good players on fleshy sorcs, shiradi look like pets compared to them.

Uber Completionist

Let me see....

Go pure Sorc and have 4-8% more DPS AT MOST for some spells.. ( mobs already get overkilled by that much or more, so no SP economy ) and gain 1 DC.

Or ... sacrifice 4 Sorc levels and get Evasion, High Saves, Tons of HP, 2 additional feats for free and be near unkilleable with about the same damage output...

Sorry, I don't see how Pure Sorc could ever be sooo good that I would go back to Pure.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icywave View Post
    Let me see....

Go pure Sorc and have 4-8% more DPS AT MOST for some spells.. ( mobs already get overkilled by that much or more, so no SP economy ) and gain 1 DC.

Or ... sacrifice 4 Sorc levels and get Evasion, High Saves, Tons of HP, 2 additional feats for free and be near unkilleable with about the same damage output...

Sorry, I don't see how Pure Sorc could ever be sooo good that I would go back to Pure.
    SOR16/PAL2/MNK2???

Post your build please. I am interested, but using Iconic Bladeforged?
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    SOR16/PAL2/MNK2???

Post your build please. I am interested, but using Iconic Bladeforged?
    Build and Gear in my signature. Yes, 16 Sorc/2 Pal/ 2 Monk, Bladeforged ( CHA + 2 Vs WF ), so + 1 Evoc DC

Edit: Page 29
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd

Let me see....

10% out of 10k is how much?

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    10% out of 10k is how much?
    Except it isn't 10% and it isn't 10k in most cases.

Polar Ray at 1,800 or 1,890 won't change anything on trash. As for bosses, I can live with doing my spell 21 times rather than 20 if need be.

Evasion, High Saves, Tons of HP and 2 free Feats are still worth way more to me. 6% of my 23% Dodge is due to monk splash alone.

SO you care about 6% dodge on a char with displacement all the time, but you dont care about that much more dps?
    Funny.

And isnt this thread about difference between flesh sorc and bf/wf sorc, not about difference between pure and multiclass sorc, you can multiclass flesh sorc too.

Uber Completionist

SO you care about 6% dodge on a char with displacement all the time, but you dont care about that much more dps?
    Funny.
    okay, let us say mob has 5k HP .... 1,800 x 3 = 5,400 = it is dead. Did not having 90x3 = 270 more damage matter? Not.

With 23% Dodge, 52 PRR, 87 AC, and 1005 HP, and Displacement up ( Lesser Displacement as a fall back ), I end up saving more SP using Reconstruction spells than I would using an extra SLA for a minimal amount of SP.

Dead casters can't DPS much either....

Edit: Sorry, and EVASION working 95% of the time due to High Saves.

Default Pure FTW!

I went ahead and tried the 16/2/2 sorc/pali/monk on a human air savant and found my DPS to drop off way too much and with the loss of SP's I found I needed shrines too often. I have since respecced back to pure 20 and am much happier with my DPS. I use chain lightning a lot and Draconic burst damage along with SLA's. The 2 tiers of the core enhancements that I was missing help a lot and I stay in air elemental form for even more. I basically maxed out the SP reductions to make up for the 10% loss of sp and then some. I can also use green scales when needed in some quests. I also really like having a way to neg level and insta kill the odd time when needed....and irresisstable dance very nice.

I should add that Im making up for the loss of defense with as much HP as I can so I have thoughness/epic and whatever else I can muster to get up over 700.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Alizar View Post
    I went ahead and tried the 16/2/2 sorc/pali/monk on a human air savant and found my DPS to drop off way too much and with the loss of SP's I found I needed shrines too often. I have since respecced back to pure 20 and am much happier with my DPS. I use chain lightning a lot and Draconic burst damage along with SLA's. The 2 tiers of the core enhancements that I was missing help a lot and I stay in air elemental form for even more. I basically maxed out the SP reductions to make up for the 10% loss of sp and then some. I can also use green scales when needed in some quests. I also really like having a way to neg level and insta kill the odd time when needed....and irresisstable dance very nice.
    Nice, and are you running lvl 25-28 Epic Elites?

In all honesty the increase to caster levels for burst is rly niche, it has some kind of weird calculation for max caster levels, but the increase alone is very well worth it.
    I party regulary with a fleshie drow sorc, pure who excels in ee content.
    He can easily fast solo whatever we ask him to do , aka mirror darkly on ee in less then few minutes, he can hold his own wout dying in any stormhorns quest. And his cold burst impreses me every time he uses it.
    On the other side i party with some wf /split sorcs and they seem to me to have way lower dps output..
    They have same experience.. Yet the fleshie does 10 times better..
    I mean its simple, whats dead cant kill you..
    You dont need saves or evasion if you straight out kill everything which a pure sorc can do realy realy good if played right

The 2 palie split 2 monk is good, but lack of spells and lack of caster levels from cores are actualy a big hit for dps
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 02-13-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    In all honesty the increase to caster levels for burst is rly niche, it has some kind of weird calculation for max caster levels, but the increase alone is very well worth it.
    I party regulary with a fleshie drow sorc, pure who excels in ee content.
    He can easily fast solo whatever we ask him to do , aka mirror darkly on ee in less then few minutes, he can hold his own wout dying in any stormhorns quest. And his cold burst impreses me every time he uses it.
    On the other side i party with some wf /split sorcs and they seem to me to have way lower dps output..
    They have same experience.. Yet the fleshie does 10 times better..
    I mean its simple, whats dead cant kill you..
    You dont need saves or evasion if you straight out kill everything which a pure sorc can do realy realy good if played right
    Then that confirms it, nothing to be " fixed ".

Sorcs need help? jeez

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Sorcs need help? jeez
    Hell no.

okay, let us say mob has 5k HP .... 1,800 x 3 = 5,400 = it is dead. Did not having 90x3 = 270 more damage matter? Not.

With 23% Dodge, 52 PRR, 87 AC, and 1005 HP, and Displacement up ( Lesser Displacement as a fall back ), I end up saving more SP using Reconstruction spells than I would using an extra SLA for a minimal amount of SP.

Dead casters can't DPS much either....

Edit: Sorry, and EVASION working 95% of the time due to High Saves.
    ¸YOu can do all that on fleshling.

Uber Completionist

¸YOu can do all that on fleshling.
    From the OP: "I'm aware there are ways around this with multi-classing but how about a way to actually play a pure sorc in epic elites that is fully capable handling themselves as an elf or drow or human? "

Discussion has been about the multi-classing ( in my case a pally/monk splash ) Vs Pure, so not sure why you have to tell me it can be done on fleshling...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast