Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

[1.5.0.0] - 2020-02-23
    Fixed
    • compatibility with latest (v3.3.14.5) AutoIt compiler // ty Redgob
    • windows position saved when exiting minimized app // ty Redgob
    • failed to start Win32 Legacy launcher // ty Redgob

Changed
    • ddolauncher.exe reading launcher type preference (Win64 / Win32 / Win32Legacy) from UserPreferences.ini // ty Redgob

Added
    • Optionaly specify preferences file location in ddo-ml.xml

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    The correct syntax to pass preferences file location to dndclient.exe is quoted and single slashed
    Code:
    dndclient.exe  --prefs "C:\Users\<OS username was here>\Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\UserBoxPref.ini"
    From v1.5.0.0 you can specify it in ddo-ml.xml for any character, at /root/shortcut/account/preferencesFile/@value (see in example file)
    Thank you for adding this feature to the latest version! It works perfectly so far.
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

Community Member

I updated myself to the 1.5.0.0 version tonight and find that now I get an odd error.

HTTP post failed
    Error 500 Internal Server Error

Now I have my UserPreferences.ini called out and using client 3.

Looking at the debug log I don't see any real differences between known working logins and this failed one:

----

2020-02-28 18:54:46 : ddolauncher.exe -s Cannith -g "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Turbine\\Dungeons & Dragons Online" -u "Filtered" -a "Filtered" -z ""
    2020-02-28 18:54:50 : dndclient.exe -h 198.xxx.xxx.xx:9004 -a KKFJJWJDRWYL2YEZWY2YAHZQY --glsticketdirect 9cguarNnsrcfSDZoqk2PpVqbnvlb6WXrReRfLJFdXl89tdcFE1 wpJpAWQYeUHURuixEmc2s1cOphsjBCVtUBeon2vv5Hf45lor6E jbKOg7MkN5mN+3vFodO1TiEDrU0Vn4klrnxJybQ5/cDy3VQtMZ9OF7n4edAAN27SISgQSc1DHeJVoP7X2PhbEXWcMZP JfHbYu+lNO3m8idiYOphM92dEIObHaESpgOXAglhO/59vOX1mcmUZFAnHlN+mjbmN --chatserver "198.xxx.xxx.xx:2900" --language English --rodat on --gametype DDO --supporturl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/trowser.aspx" --supportserviceurl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/SubmitTicket.asmx" --authserverurl "https://gls-auth.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx" --glsticketlifetime 21600
    2020-02-28 18:54:50 : 12788

----- The above a working entity ----

-----

2020-03-01 17:03:40 : ddolauncher.exe -s Cannith -g "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Turbine\\Dungeons & Dragons Online" -u "Filtered" -a "Filtered" -z ""
    2020-03-01 17:03:43 : dndclient.exe -h 198.xxx.xxx.xx:9004 -a KKFJJWJDRWYL2YEZWY2YAHZQY --glsticketdirect mit2p12Wu52s0CBhehzHBs0sqDHogKV9/FZuRb94iJB+n6xBruLhYfV5Wk+f1YxQHAd5sWvEOGhxeuRC82M PSsd4AIHXXceKMv+HVFQwLBI+oTbh79eeaGdc4s90H02sSzI/eoIjzsQZq1/1HkpogymKmSeU+KFcd5waya+bs85dwHONMZQB8SRypwMiDXeDx Hrg6Na6kNbLTrCUwz30o4mjUaEeFMU7TQnmRU8JnHJUm0puaCD JcgZBgFx30WQS --chatserver "198.xxx.xxx.xx:2900" --language English --rodat on --gametype DDO --supporturl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/trowser.aspx" --supportserviceurl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/SubmitTicket.asmx" --authserverurl "https://gls-auth.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx" --glsticketlifetime 21600
    2020-03-01 17:03:43 : 10668

---- Error 500 entry

Any suggestions where I look to fix this?
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i love this thing... but trying to get it working again after a compute crash, and having issues...

i've triple checked my directory location. what am i doing wrong?
    I know this is old but after a fresh install today I was having the same problem and I figure others might too. I looked at the source code and DDO-ML loads some data center information from a file TurbineLauncher.exe.config. This file doesn't exist anymore in new installs.

This information is now held in ddo.launcherconfig.

So two options:
    1. Modify the source code to read the new file, and recompile
    2. Simply make a copy of this file and rename the copied version to TurbineLauncher.exe.config

Thank you for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Codect View Post
    I know this is old but after a fresh install today I was having the same problem and I figure others might too. I looked at the source code and DDO-ML loads some data center information from a file TurbineLauncher.exe.config. This file doesn't exist anymore in new installs.

This information is now held in ddo.launcherconfig.

So two options:
    1. Modify the source code to read the new file, and recompile
    2. Simply make a copy of this file and rename the copied version to TurbineLauncher.exe.config

[1.5.1.0] - 2020-05-02
    Added
    • support for installations with launcher configuration in 'ddo.launcherconfig'

Set 'debug=2' in ddo-ml.ini and check for more debug log in 'ddolauncher.txt'.

Anyway if you have 'GameClientType=3' in your UserPreferences.ini, then game should start with 'x64\dndclient64.exe' not 'dndclient.exe'.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGrump View Post
    I updated myself to the 1.5.0.0 version tonight and find that now I get an odd error.

HTTP post failed
    Error 500 Internal Server Error

Now I have my UserPreferences.ini called out and using client 3.

Looking at the debug log I don't see any real differences between known working logins and this failed one:

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

so finally revisiting this program. loved it so much... but haven't been able to get it to work lately... came back after a long break and a hard drive crash, so lost all my old settings...

loaded up the most recent version... and getting THIS error..

any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Make sure your account is configured in ddo-ml.xml.
    If all looks good and still have problems, set 'debug=2' in ddo-ml.ini and PM me the contents of 'ddolauncher.txt' after ***-ing out your username and password.

so finally revisiting this program. loved it so much... but haven't been able to get it to work lately... came back after a long break and a hard drive crash, so lost all my old settings...

loaded up the most recent version... and getting THIS error..

any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    Make sure your account is configured in ddo-ml.xml.
    If all looks good and still have problems, set 'debug=2' in ddo-ml.ini and PM me the contents of 'ddolauncher.txt' after ***-ing out your username and password.

err. and where would i find this ddolauncher.txt file? not seeing it anywhere....

and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc

If you have debug=2 in ddo-ml.ini, it is generated in DDO-ML folder.

err. and where would i find this ddolauncher.txt file? not seeing it anywhere....

2015 DDO Players Council

i've had ml-ddo right in my main ddo folder. >.>

and R.O.G.U.E !

Community Member

When I download this, Windows Defender flags it as containing Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilokius View Post
    When I download this, Windows Defender flags it as containing Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml.
    I believe it is written in Python but uses AutoIT with it(?) which a lot of anti-virus suites don't like at the best of times.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Is it possible we could get "server" specified at the "character" level in the XML config? I would love to be able to just have one config for all my accounts and servers. Currently a pain when I am playing on both hardcore and regular with 2 different accounts on the same box.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by korgzz_bloodaxe View Post
    Is it possible we could get "server" specified at the "character" level in the XML config? I would love to be able to just have one config for all my accounts and servers. Currently a pain when I am playing on both hardcore and regular with 2 different accounts on the same box.
    +1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    After datacenter move - anyone else experiencing issues using DDO-ML?
    I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread but I can't get it to launch the game at the correct resolution. Every time it launches it asks what directX version I want to use, plays the opening cinematic that only plays on first game launch, then runs at 1920x1080 instead of the resolution I actually have it set to.

Quote Originally Posted by smokejumper89 View Post
    I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread but I can't get it to launch the game at the correct resolution. Every time it launches it asks what directX version I want to use, plays the opening cinematic that only plays on first game launch, then runs at 1920x1080 instead of the resolution I actually have it set to.
    I'm not the coder, but that sounds like DDO-ML isn't finding your DDO user preferences file, which (among many other things) stores the preferred resolution and whether to play the intro videos or not.

Try checking whether your ddo-ml.xml file with the login info includes a <preferencesFile> tag anywhere; that tells DDO-ML to look for a preferences file in a non-default location, and could just fail to find anything if it isn't set up properly. If your preferences file is in the default location--which it should be unless you've told DDO-ML to make one somewhere else--you should be able to delete the <preferencesFile> tag entirely and DDO-ML will just look in the default location. If you are using a custom location and file, make sure the path in the <preferencesFile> tag is correct.

Either way, the default location for the user preferences file (assuming Windows) should be c:\Users\<your Windows login username goes here>\Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\UserPreferences.ini. Check there too to make sure the preferences file is where it should be. (Though I don't see why it wouldn't be, as long as DDO is launching with normal resolution and no intro videos when you go through the regular launcher instead of DDO-ML.)
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by korgzz_bloodaxe View Post
    in 1.5 at least, adding a server tag to the shortcut/account entry should work, e.g.
    Code:
    <shortcut label="deadtoon">
      <account...>
        <pass...>
        <character value="deadtoon"></character>
        <server value="Hardcore"></server>
      </account>
    </shortcut>

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819