Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Hey AtomicMew - love DDO-ML. Would you update it so to work on the new awesome process (they changed the name)?

Thank you in advance!
    What is the name of the new process? It's possible they internalized awesomonium to prevent people from closing it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Yep, looks like you need to add your subscription name (some accounts have more than one subscription, e.g., if you're using the same account for LOTRO, or CS added a new account to fix an error).

Ver 1.2 - NOTE: You will need to re-encrypt your passwords if moving the XML file from 1.11 to 1.2.
    Fixed issue with reserved characters (e.g. hypens) in account/passwords (probably)
    Added option to choose subscription. See the example XML file.
    Switched usage to long path folder names, should fix issue with deep folder names
    That was it exactly, I mistakenly thought I could leave that blank since I did not have multiple accounts. Thanks!

Thumbs up

First, thank you AtomicMew (and others who started this project) for this great work!

Here are the steps to do:

1. Download the file
      https://github.com/traversc/DDO-ML/archive/master.zip
    2. Unzip, you'll have folder DDO-ML-master (location of this folder doesn't matter, I placed it near the folder Dungeons & Dragons Online)
    3. For editing text files (including extensions .txt, .ini, .xml and many others) always use a free program Notepad++ (instead of Notepad) for visibility (you'll see why).
    4. Open ddo-ml.ini and do these changes:
      • change firstlaunch=0 to firstlaunch=1 (this will make sure you'll be asked for DDO folder, it will ask for this only on the first launch though)
      • change debug=0 to debug=1 (this will create file debug.txt, which is very useful to track down errors, for example, this way I found out that I have chosen the wrong DDO folder)
      • change server= to server=Orien (choose your server of course, I'm playing on Orien)
    5. Now open file ddo-ml.xml
      1. <shortcut label="Acc1"> The text "Acc1" is shown in character selection screen that's why you should choose your character's name (For example, I used "Plienas").
      2. <account user="Acc1"> The text "Acc1" here is the login name that you are using to log in to the game.
      3. <pass value="" (enter your password inside "")
      4. <rename value="DDO_acc1"></rename> The text "DDO_acc1" is the name of the game window, that's why you should use your character's name ("Plienas" in my case) - this is very useful when you run several accounts in windowed mode: at a glance you can see which character is in which window.
      5. <character value="ToonName"></character> This is self explanatory ("Plienas" in my case, btw, character name means only the first name of course)
      6. <subscription value="SubName"></subscription> I deleted this line, it works just fine without it (I'm not a Vip, but it's probably for those who use several subscriptions).
    6. Now do the same steps (a, b, c, d, e) for other character (it can be from the same account or a different account)
    7. Ok, time to launch the game, run DDO-ML.exe
    8. You'll see a small window just click on character's name and wait, the game will launch and load that character. You can close this window after you launch the game and can open it later any time you want.
    9. NOTE: do not click on "Patch Game", you should always update the game using the official game launcher instead (a guildmate said he used this option and something was messed up after that).
    10. The "Close Background" thing closes one of the ddo windows when you run several accounts at once (IMO the two options "Patch Game"/"Close Background" shouldn't be there)
    11. In the file ddo-ml.xml the last of 3 examples is <shortcut label="Acc1 and Acc2">. This is used only for starting several accounts at once with just one click. In most cases this is rather useless option since you can still play several accounts at once by using the above steps, just have to launch accounts one by one (which is also healthier for a computer).
    Last edited by Robai; 07-08-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typo
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Nice writeup, Robai.

Just another shoutout to thank AtomicMew for the awesomeness that is DDO-ML. It's particularly useful for managing dual-box accounts. Consider my DDO-ML screen:

click image upload

The "EllisDee37" and "EllisMule" root entries load the game but don't log into a character, which is nice for doing things like creating a new character. The indented entries let me log directly into those alts. I particularly like that I can change the name, which lets me add level info for the dual-box openers.

And yes, they can pry the Classic Windows theme from my cold, dead hands.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

What is the name of the new process? It's possible they internalized awesomonium to prevent people from closing it.
    I believe they just renamed it by removing the space... checking now

Angry DDO-ML not compatible with the new Borderless Window mode

Title says it all. dndclient.exe crashes if I try use DDO-ML to launch a toon when that toons graphics options have been set to Fullscreen Window. If I set it back to normal Window mode, DDO-ML will launch the toon OK.

Thought it might be the Rename Window line in the XML, so deleted that. But no change.

Here is teh Event viewer ****, if it helps at all.

Application Error
    Faulting application name: dndclient.exe, version: 2600.45.1708.4199, time stamp: 0x55b80694
    Faulting module name: dndclient.exe, version: 2600.45.1708.4199, time stamp: 0x55b80694
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x004b3202
    Faulting process id: 0xeb4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cb0abcb8fd80
    Faulting application path: G:\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\dndclient.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\dndclient.exe
    Report Id: 1d0a9cc0-36fe-11e5-9482-001fc6e4bf26
    So, atm my choice is continue with DDO-ML in normal Window Mode or revert to the Turbine Launcher. Life sucks.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by visibleman View Post
    Title says it all. dndclient.exe crashes if I try use DDO-ML to launch a toon when that toons graphics options have been set to Fullscreen Window. If I set it back to normal Window mode, DDO-ML will launch the toon OK.

Thought it might be the Rename Window line in the XML, so deleted that. But no change.

Here is teh Event viewer ****, if it helps at all.

So, atm my choice is continue with DDO-ML in normal Window Mode or revert to the Turbine Launcher. Life sucks.
    No idea, sorry. If you're launching multiple at a time fullscreen, try with just one at a time.

Can you launch full screen without entering a specific toon?

Default Multiple servers

It would be nice if I could use this for more than one server.
    I like to roll my daily dice on every server if I have time.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Time to toss the dice.
    MatrimDaved

Quote Originally Posted by MatrimDaved View Post
    It would be nice if I could use this for more than one server.
    I like to roll my daily dice on every server if I have time.
    You can. Just copy the entire directory and edit the server for each one.
    Thelanis - The Frag | Community Stream Team
    Shaalaanaa | CMorrigu | Varinae | Guiweed | Koilinara | Chraygh | Cyvila | Chraemust
    Youtube | Twitch | Steam | Musings | DDO Stuff | Airship Layout | MorningLock | Turbine Time

I tr'd today and started up the game with ML, set to a specific toon. Since TR resets channels, I tried to join a few. It didn't work. I get the message "you didn't join channel xyz". You have to login over the turbine launcher apparently.
    No big deal. Just wanted to mention it.

Thanks for this otherwise awesome tool.
    Beste, Titus.
    Don't do the fun wrong || New to Orien? Join Titan Channel || Soko Irrlicht rekrutiert.

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    I tr'd today and started up the game with ML, set to a specific toon. Since TR resets channels, I tried to join a few. It didn't work. I get the message "you didn't join channel xyz". You have to login over the turbine launcher apparently.
    No big deal. Just wanted to mention it.

Thanks for this otherwise awesome tool.
    I have the same issue with the official launcher, you just have to log out and back in again and you can then join channels as normal.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Can I get a download link for 1.01? I cannot make 1.11 work and don't want/need the encryption.

Community Member

Thanks. A little late to help, unfortunately :P I was traveling on saturday and trying to make DDO work on a laptop. Had forgotten that akamai $%&# and didn't have ML on that machine! I'm home now.

Ha... now that's funny!

Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Olds-cool View Post
    Ha... now that's funny!

Reason why I switched to github

Yeah... I went back to the OP and grabbed from there but I still find humor in the error. I'm going to have to post some virii of my own
    Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

Still missing the joke XD
    ive played with this guy before its 555
    Cams,Mikee Leader , Judges Of Sarlona, Driver O DA Short Bus!!!

DDO-ML is awesome.

But has anyone else noticed it can now take a very long time to login when launching multiple accounts at once?

It seems to have suddenly slowed way down. I used to be able to launch 4-6 mules at once from a ram drive.
    Now however it takes five mins.

I think it may just be the login server because when it does finally launch, several of the accounts will fail and throw a login server busy error.

The slowdown did not correlate with a game update.

DDO-ML is one of the reasons I still logon to DDO.

Either way, thanks for the app.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

After datacenter move - anyone else experiencing issues using DDO-ML?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast