Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    How do I make it forget that it was previously run so that I can get it to go through the first-time-run stuff?
    Well, the simplest (sledgehammer) way would be to simply delete it and then re-unzip it from the download zip.

By "delete it" I mean the entire folder where you put it.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Well, the simplest (sledgehammer) way would be to simply delete it and then re-unzip it from the download zip.

By "delete it" I mean the entire folder where you put it.
    I put it in the same folder as I have DDO in.

I also looked in the registry to see if I could find anything there, but I didn't notice anything (although I might have just been looking in the wrong location or for the wrong keyword).
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Well, first of all, the executable you want is DDO-ML.exe, not ddolauncher.exe.
    Try that 1st. Next, if that doesn't work, re-unzip the download, and tell it to overwrite when prompted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

No need to re-install or edit the registry. There's ddo-ml.ini file you can edit. Just change the line that says firstlaunch= from 0 to 1.

I'm surprised you thought of the registry before checking for ini files.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 04-06-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Or just unzip it to a different directory and use it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    No need to re-install or edit the registry. There's ddo-ml.ini file you can edit. Just change the line that says firstlaunch= from 0 to 1.

I'm surprised you thought of the registry before checking for ini files.
    Yep! There are no registry entries. Everything is contained in the folder. The only thing firstlaunch does is set your DDO directory and set your server.

Cheers

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Mod for Lama?

Ever consider making one for Lamannia?

Just asking...
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Ever consider making one for Lamannia?

Just asking...
    It works just fine for lammania. Just plop another copy in your lamannia folder and enjoy.

EDIT: Never mind me, I was thinking of the preloader not DDO_ML.....
    Last edited by Krelar; 05-12-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Tried That

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It works just fine for lammania. Just plop another copy in your lamannia folder and enjoy.
    I tried that, couldn't get it to work. I must be doing something wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I'll do a bit more poking - thanks!
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    I tried that, couldn't get it to work. I must be doing something wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

I'll do a bit more poking - thanks!
    You know what?

For some reason I thought this was the preloader thread rather than the DDO-ML thread.....

I actually have no idea if DDO-ML works with lammania.

The preloader does though!

in encrypted_value="" what we must write? something or nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Behoram View Post
    in encrypted_value="" what we must write? something or nothing?
    It is an optional feature, you don't need to use it

Included basic encryption - to encrypt your passwords, enter your passwords as usual and use the "Encrypt Passwords" tray menu option

Google Drive refuses to let me download any of the versions, claiming that the files are infected with a virus. I have an older version without encryption that I was dusting off and decided to upgrade. Could you please take a look and make sure that the files have not been tampered with? Thanks!
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

Since it got bumped, just another quick thanks for this awesome tool, AtomicMew.

Thanks Ellisdee ^_^

There is no virus, the files haven't changed in months (you can check that that is the case). Basically, Google started using a suite of antivirus tools to determine whether a file is infected or not. Unfortunately, most if not all antivirus programs are incapable of distinguishing bad and good autoit programs. So they just flag all autoit programs as infected.

You can read more about it here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/to...ally-infected/

I'll look for other places to host the files (I'm open to suggestions). Meanwhile, if you want to download DDO-ML, make a copy to your google drive and then make another copy so that you become the owner of the files. You can download any file as the owner, regardless of whether it gets flagged or not.

Re-uploaded to drop box instead.

Thank you for doing so. I got it working with the latest version over the weekend.

Unfortunately I am getting BSODs when I open 2 clients at the same time, but that appears to be happening on the DDO client's side not your utility's.
    Sarlona resident (PureMouse, PlushMouse, [& other little mice], Cryosite)
    Former lurker/resident of Argonessen (Shyelle, Cheyelle, Moonsparkle)

"The first thing you need to do when considering a halfling thrower build, is learn how to bend halflings correctly so that they return." - amnota/Trelaf of Thelanis

ClamWin Antivirus is also reporting DDO-ML to be infected with "Win.Trojan.11477628"

Anyone able to effectively multibox anything more than 1 melee or 2 ranged characters in combat at the same time?

I personally have found having multiple clients open at once is great for things like:

- multitasking (having a character check auctions/mail while my raid character waits at the entrance, etc);
    - having extra chest loots per run (though tedious sometimes to run multiple people to the chest at the end);
    - Giving the party full sets of Arcane/Divine/Artie/etc buffs;
    - Keeping a rezzer in reserve at the entrance;
    - etc...

That being said, due to DDO's lack of auto-follow, poor targeting, active combat, etc... I have found it difficult to use more than 1 character in actual combat (unlike most other games)...

I typically run 2-6 accounts (depending how many of my 4 older kids are on) but really haven't been able to play more than one melee at a time (with some ranged folk targeting-my-target) or 2 ranged targeting the same target...

Anyone able to do more in active combat and willing to share any insights on their setups/approaches?

Today for some reason I clicked on the shortcut to DDO.ML and the shortcut dissapeared...

looked in the folder, and the ddo_ML.exe is gone...

redownloaded it from your drop box.. can see the .exe in the ZIP file, but it WILL NOT EXTRACT. all other files extract fine, but the .exe file will not extract. no matter what kinda sledgehammer route I take.

Anyone else having some kind of issue like this?

I used the pre-loader early this morning (6AM EST approx) and it worked fine.

no changes to laptop since. after I was done playing, I put it to sleep. turned it on, clicked shortcut... watched it dissapear.

tried redownloading ZIP. no change. can see executable, cant extract it to anywhere. as part of a folder, individually, I renamed the .exe to DDO_ASDFGH_ML.exe4 still couldnt extract it.

Look forward to hearing about this. GOD I hate turbines launcher now that I've been using this baby for months

thanks again for a wicked project. hope its not a crazy issue!

Me

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast