Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I'm experiencing a problem on one of my account due to a special character in the username. Is there any format that can be used in the xml or something to ignore those special characters?
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    I'm experiencing a problem on one of my account due to a special character in the username. Is there any format that can be used in the xml or something to ignore those special characters?
    What is the special character?

Default Issues

Okay, I searched through the thread but didn't see a solution, so...

Tried 1.11 first, I get the directory and server screens, but no gui after that... just the systray icon. This happened with the default as well as a customized xml file. I have not yet tried moving my install closer to root, but will get to that.

Eventually tried 1.01. That worked better. However, I *might* be missing something. If I am reading the xml correctly, it looks liek the prog can start multiple instances using different accounts, but there doesn't appear to be a facility to launch anything but the first account on a login. What I mean is I have my DDO login, when I enter that & password the normal launcher presents me with a list of accounts associated to that login. Unless I am missing something, DDO-ML just selects the first one of those and proceeds. Is that incorrect?

Thanks
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    What is the special character?
    It starts with a -, so as I can see in the debug, it thinks it's a parameter for the command line, which of course returns an error.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Tried 1.11 first, I get the directory and server screens, but no gui after that... just the systray icon. This happened with the default as well as a customized xml file. I have not yet tried moving my install closer to root, but will get to that.
    Most likely the issue is simply that the GUI is offscreen. Edit the ddo-ml.ini file and change the x & y values to something within your screen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Eventually tried 1.01. That worked better. However, I *might* be missing something. If I am reading the xml correctly, it looks liek the prog can start multiple instances using different accounts, but there doesn't appear to be a facility to launch anything but the first account on a login. What I mean is I have my DDO login, when I enter that & password the normal launcher presents me with a list of accounts associated to that login. Unless I am missing something, DDO-ML just selects the first one of those and proceeds. Is that incorrect?
    If I understand you correctly, yes...currently, it can only log in to the first subscription attached to the account.

I was happy to read that Turbine will be removing the NetSessions app when they're able to, only requiring it for installation and file replacement. Since I can use DDO-ML to patch at least, I can bypass NS even if they need it for regular patching. Just glad we won't need it to load the game. But I'd still prefer to get this working for multi-subscription accounts like mine, since it's a much nicer launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasaki View Post
    Most likely the issue is simply that the GUI is offscreen. Edit the ddo-ml.ini file and change the x & y values to something within your screen resolution.

If I understand you correctly, yes...currently, it can only log in to the first subscription attached to the account.
    yeah, that is precisely what I meant. Thanks for the info.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Any way to avoid putting my password in a plain text XML file?

This is so win-win-win

- Mew is getting much deserved respect and loads of cards
    - Peeps get to keep playing DDO
    - Turbine isn't losing to much players after all

The big loser here is Akamai, and that puts a smile on my face

Community Member

Default Brilliant!

I left debug on, and tried twice in a row (exiting DDO-ML each time)

And the encryption appears to be fixed-- the debug.txt file shows the correct password both times.

Again, if you know of a way to mail across the servers, I'd give you *all* my DDO cards, with pleasure.

(what I should have done, was create a slate of toons on the birthday, on the correct server (yours), to generate a slate of cards... alas, too late, now... sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_of_QF View Post
    I left debug on, and tried twice in a row (exiting DDO-ML each time)

And the encryption appears to be fixed-- the debug.txt file shows the correct password both times.

Again, if you know of a way to mail across the servers, I'd give you *all* my DDO cards, with pleasure.

(what I should have done, was create a slate of toons on the birthday, on the correct server (yours), to generate a slate of cards... alas, too late, now... sorry)
    It's all good, my inbox is constantly full lol. I have about 100 of 1-8 thanks to you guys, so I really don't need anymore

Good to hear it is working! The next update will try to fix the subscription issue and the issue ovrad had where his username started with a dash (which means re-installing python :/), maybe by sometime next week.

I play mostly in windowed mode, and the ML gui is always on top, meaning i have to move it down to just barely show in the taskbar area, and drag it back up when i want to use it.

suggestion:
    =Have the whole app sit in the systray, all accounts and patch and everything available from the rightclick menu.

=Give the gui window a minimize button, minimize to tray option, or some other way to hide/unhide the gui while the game is up.

No rush. App works great. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Default how?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I posted a new version which has some basic encryption and a debug mode to hopefully sort out some issues. Treat it as a beta-ish release, as I havent tested it out on any computer other than my own.

As above, if it fails to launch the client, try to move DDO into a shallow directory (e.g., C:\DDO) and try it again, remembering to reset the directory path.

ALSO, if you like what I've done, you can send Anniversary cards to Raversth on Khyber. Let me know if you need seed platinum to mail them

Thanks
    how exactly do you move ddo into a shallow directory? Its not simple as renaming the folder lol is it?

Yesterday everything worked fine. Today DDO-ML just says: Done...<Toon Name> and does not launch anything. What could cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by Daitengu View Post
    Yesterday everything worked fine. Today DDO-ML just says: Done...<Toon Name> and does not launch anything. What could cause this?
    Have done a Patch Game here, but still the same as above poster.
    Would be nice to see a version.

Edit:

Relocated DDO-ML to C:\DDO-ML and launched the .exe from there, firewall popped up asking me if the usual ddo files where allowed internet access, clicked yes to all and the game launched.

Guess it was a combo of some sorts.
    Last edited by LightBear; 03-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Solution for me: I just missed the downtime. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    I play mostly in windowed mode, and the ML gui is always on top, meaning i have to move it down to just barely show in the taskbar area, and drag it back up when i want to use it.
    Just close it after you've logged in whoever you want to log.

I personally would prefer this app not be in the system tray because I already have a system tray app I wrote for DDO that's chock full of goodies, including calling this loader. Two systray icons for DDO is too much for me, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Just close it after you've logged in whoever you want to log.

I personally would prefer this app not be in the system tray because I already have a system tray app I wrote for DDO that's chock full of goodies, including calling this loader. Two systray icons for DDO is too much for me, heh.
    I hear you, but I like to leave it open so I can do some other-server stuff during my session, or if multi-boxing. And since ML already HAS a tray icon, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

I had gotten everything working as of Sunday night with DDO-ML except on my account with LOTRO on it. Then have been away a couple of days, get back today and even after doing the "patch game" selection am told "Game Error: You do not have current version of the client installed."

Edit with solution for if anyone else experiences it: when patching, be sure to run DDO-ML "as administrator" (not required to play, but evidently required to successfully patch).
    Last edited by Teva; 03-18-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Main Characters - Akateva & Makazokri on Sarlona, Disteltau on Ghallanda
    Alts (all on Sarlona) - Amaryssa, Ammahra, Cinnaminn, Disteltau, Krahgll, Lkcoraen, Lkcorraen, Risian, Serildar, Tevagna, Tevasama, Wildfurie

Default A request...

How hard would it be to port the debug or some of the debug text to a visible window even when not debugging? The main thing I'd be looking for are the error messages for things like "apparently the server is down". When it just fails I exit, turn on debug, restart, fail again, look at log. Since most of us wont be using the DDO Launcher and I don't scan the forums to learn about downtime... well it would be nice to somehow see that message so I know to patch or that the game is down without the hoopla.

I understand that it might not be easy so I can continue with my current method... but if it's easy then I will give you 100 Tasty Hams for it's addition!

-Olds
    Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

Community Member HeadbustaJones's Avatar
    The Great Northern Wasteland (a.k.a, Minnesota)

Default Excellent launcher, but just hit my first snag...

Thanks a ton for this! Even being as old as I am I was able to get things set up and rolling with a minimal amount of work. (I wasn't there when God made dirt, but I helped with the first mud pie ) Been using the launcher without issues for a few weeks now, and love the way it works. However...

TR'ed my main yesterday, and then exited the game for a bit of RL work. When I came back and used the launcher (connecting to my newly TR'ed main toon), lo and behold that toon showed up not as a lowly lvl 0 pile of molding clay, but instead as my lvl 20 before the Life-Shaper in the Hall of Heroes. That was a bit of a headscratcher, so I exited the game, then again used the launcher. Same result. Rinse, repeat another couple of times, with the same result. (Yes, I know the definition of crazy, but my software testing history makes me do those steps...)

Caved in and used the official DDO game loader, and when I hit the character selection page realized the issue - - in order to confirm the reincarnation, you have to type in the character name. DOH! I realize there probably isn't much that can be done with the DDO-ML launcher to address this directly, just wanted to see if anyone else had run into the issue and/or to spread the word for anyone looking to TR in case they get to the same point I did.

My workaround to address this issue when I do my next TR will be to use the launcher to get back in as my lvl 20 toon in the Hall of Heroes, log out of that toon, and from the character selection page do the "confirm reincarnation by entering the character name" step. Low-tech solution, but that's the kind of guy I am.

Thanks again - - peace out!
    You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. - - Albert Einstein

Guild Leader, Spawn of Amblik (Orien)

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast