Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    Download latest (1.4.3.0).
    Set debug=2 in ddo-ml.ini.
    Delete debug.txt.
    Start DDO-ML, try launch.
    PM me debug.txt and ddolauncher.txt.
    Don't forget to **** out your accunt name and password in both of them.
    MIvan managed to get me up and running. Thanks MIvan!

A note to anyone wanting to use DDO-ML for Lamannia (which requires a separate configuration entry): "&" as a standalone character is illegal in XML, and thus cannot be used in the "directory" entry in ddo-ml.xml. I simply renamed my Lamannia folder to use "and" instead, but using "&" in the xml instead of just "&" (and not renaming the folder) may also work (untested).

Great program, tho...I've been using it for a while now.

--ArekDorun

Community Member

today it just stopped to work... always worked!

When i lunch the .exe it doesn't show any pop up at all... icon appear on shortcut bar tho.

Any clue on what happened and how to fix it?

windows 10

Check the x and y values in the ddo-ml.ini.
    Maybe the window got somehow positioned outside of viewable area.
    You can set both of them to 0, to make sure it is at top-left of your main screen.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelTheAlmighty View Post
    today it just stopped to work... always worked!

When i lunch the .exe it doesn't show any pop up at all... icon appear on shortcut bar tho.

Any clue on what happened and how to fix it?

windows 10

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

Thanks for this great tool. I've been using it for a couple of years now and I'm really glad I found it.

I haven't been able to get it working correctly with the new Hardcore server. It starts the DDO client and logs into my account on the Hardcore server, but stops at the character selection screen.

I'm curious if others are having the same issue or do I just have a typo somewhere in my xml or ini files?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

i love this thing... but trying to get it working again after a compute crash, and having issues...

i've triple checked my directory location. what am i doing wrong?

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

To make sure its OK, right click the ddo-ml tray icon and select 'Set Directory'.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i love this thing... but trying to get it working again after a compute crash, and having issues...

i've triple checked my directory location. what am i doing wrong?

Hi - I think there may also be another issue after upate 44. DDO_ML is no longer working for me. Debug is 'The given server appears to be down'. Anyone else got the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Linchu View Post
    Hi - I think there may also be another issue after upate 44. DDO_ML is no longer working for me. Debug is 'The given server appears to be down'. Anyone else got the same problem?
    Same thing for me, hasn't worked since update 44.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Down 3 to 172 - Blood Rage

The DDO patching regime no longer works with third-party launchers. PyLotRO is also affected.

SSG isn't going to change their patching methods to work for third-party apps.

Your only options are to fix the other DDO launchers yourselves or use the SSG launcher.

Have fun!
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Marakahn View Post
    Same thing for me, hasn't worked since update 44.
    Is it the latest version? DDO-ML works just fine for me. Obviously you need to use original launcher to patch the game, but I was doing it that way for a long time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgob View Post
    Is it the latest version? DDO-ML works just fine for me. Obviously you need to use original launcher to patch the game, but I was doing it that way for a long time anyway.
    I thought it was the latest version but redownloading it and copying the old configuration over has working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Down 3 to 172 - Blood Rage

Both the program and the patch function within it work for me. Although I did have to open the original launcher to download the two new client_maps that were required to enter Keep. Not sure what the difference is between ours is, but maybe try to wipe it and do a fresh install of ddo-ml?
    Last edited by Sythe777; 11-18-2019 at 07:19 PM.

So, as a user of the python launcher (but not DDO-ML), I tracked down this issue. Basically, if even a SINGLE world is down (such as Hardcore), then the python launcher will exit completely. It basically operates under the assumption that if any world is down, then all the other worlds must be down as well.

You can fix that by monkeying ddolauncher.py and changing the query_host method however you see fit.

My unedited version looked like this:
    Code:
    def query_host(world):
        u = urlparse(world['status'])

c = HTTPConnection(u.netloc, 80)
        c.putrequest("GET", u.path + '?' + u.query)
        c.putheader("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8")
        c.endheaders()

r = c.getresponse()
        if r.getcode() is not 200:
            raise RuntimeError("Failed to query information about the server.")

rdata = r.read().decode("utf-8")
        if len(rdata) is 0:
            print("The given server appears to be down.")
            exit(0)

xml = ElementTree.fromstring(rdata)
        loginserver = xml.find("loginservers").text
        loginservers = loginserver.split(';')
        worldqueue = xml.find("queueurls").text
        worldqueues = worldqueue.split(';')

world['host'] = world['login'] = loginservers[0]
        world['queue'] = worldqueues[0]

return world

My quick-hacked version now looks like this:
    Code:

def set_world_safe_dummy(world):
        world['host'] = world['login'] = "0.0.0.0"
        world['queue'] = ""

return world

def query_host(world):
        u = urlparse(world['status'])

c = HTTPConnection(u.netloc, 80)
        c.putrequest("GET", u.path + '?' + u.query)
        c.putheader("Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8")
        c.endheaders()

r = c.getresponse()
        if r.getcode() is not 200:
            raise RuntimeError("Failed to query information about the server.")

rdata = r.read().decode("utf-8")

if len(rdata) is 0:
            set_world_safe_dummy(world)
            return world
            #print("The given server appears to be down.")
            #exit(0)

xml = ElementTree.fromstring(rdata)
        loginserver = xml.find("loginservers").text
        loginservers = loginserver.split(';')
        worldqueue = xml.find("queueurls").text
        worldqueues = worldqueue.split(';')

world['host'] = world['login'] = loginservers[0]
        world['queue'] = worldqueues[0]

return world
    That's enough to make it work, both for patching and logging in to any world that's actually up. You could do something nicer/cleaner with it if you have the time and motivation.

Default v1.4.4.2

Uploaded a new version, potentialy fixing the problems caused by offline Harcore server (it is up atm, can't be 100% sure).

Just patched game with DDO-ML, worked flawlessly.

Question Modifying DDO-ML to accept --prefs paramater

On this old forum post, I ran across a list of parameters that dndclient.exe accepts. I noticed the --prefs parameter, which allows you to choose a preferences file to use. I multibox, so I figured it would be useful to have one configuration for the accounts I spend more time controlling, and then have a second configuration with lower graphics settings and smaller windowed resolution for accounts that mostly sit idle until it's time to pull chests. Resized windows lets me have more accounts on the screen at one time, lowered graphics means fewer system resources burned, and having this all in a second config file that I can use on demand from DDO-ML would save a lot of manual time and effort every time I multibox.

So, I set about modifying DDO-ML to allow for specifying --prefs in the xml file and passing it on to dndclient.exe, and I... kind of got it working.

Weirdly, the parameter only seems to quasi-work when I *don't* enclose the file path parameter in quotations. So if I pass in (according to DDO-ML's debug file) this argument:
    --prefs C:\\Users\\<OS username was here>\\Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\\UserBoxPref.ini

then it breaks in exactly the way you would expect when it hits the first space character, and looks for a config file called "Dungeons" in my Documents folder. But it actually uses the "Dungeons" file there if there is one, generates a new file if there isn't, saves the configuration when I quit the client, and properly loads it when I start again. Semi-success!

But I'd rather store my config file in the "Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online" along with the default config file, especially since dndclient.exe also generates and uses a new ddo keymap in the same folder as the custom config file passed in with --prefs, uses that folder as a screenshot dumping ground and as a beginning point when it looks for ui layouts using the "/ui layout load" command, and probably a bunch of other things I haven't found.

Full debug using the quoteless method:
    Code:
    2020-02-10 21:56:00 : ddolauncher.exe -s khyber -g "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Games\\Turbine\\DDO" -u "<username was here>" -a "<password was here>" -z "" --prefs "C:\\Users\\<OS username was here>\\Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\\UserBoxPref.ini" -d 1

2020-02-10 21:56:02 : dndclient.exe -h 198.252.160.43:9004 -a E23WEQXLZKZQR7D3ND2RKKRR3 --glsticketdirect tHy9sRnfz/c6ayPYcMTlxOav9k1ufQlxHYRhgLJhvGbxZNVN5A/KcbkTTL99Ql9bJx+a43xaROOmtcbqoUDrlRUBRXrQQntx17p+xcto6jVTSfEPJqcZ8IriUukq6su1y2o0UDLrPqsZmWU65bjrgCqyzgNimB5RXSpIBLJ9zZnWBJePu+xyI6GIt6lCPzRZMQZP8ARkAoNTnEFWxijPCPkZBZ6MNTbWgKLc7zuztnbtU5DTxksPou3H1Riq5Q/Z --chatserver "198.252.160.43:2900" --language English --rodat on --gametype DDO --supporturl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/trowser.aspx" --supportserviceurl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/SubmitTicket.asmx" --authserverurl "https://gls-auth.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx" --glsticketlifetime 21600 --prefs C:\\Users\\<OS username was here>\\Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\\UserBoxPref.ini

2020-02-10 21:56:05 : 22176
    When I pass in a file path enclosed in quotes like this (again, according to DDO-ML's debug output):
    --prefs "C:\\Users\\<OS username was here>\\Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\\UserBoxPref.ini"
    it simply... doesn't find it and uses default settings instead. It asks me about using DirectX11, starts up DDO in fullscreen mode, using default resolution, and plays the first-time intro movie. It doesn't generate a new config file anywhere I can find, and it doesn't change the default UserPreferences.ini file or any of the other testing config files I've made/used. /shrug.

Full debug using quotation method:
    Code:
    2020-02-10 22:46:07 : ddolauncher.exe -s khyber -g "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Games\\Turbine\\DDO" -u "<username was here>" -a "<password was here>" -z "" --prefs "C:\\Users\\<OS username was here>\\Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\\UserBoxPref.ini" -d 1

2020-02-10 22:46:09 : dndclient.exe -h 198.252.160.43:9004 -a E23WEQXLZKZQR7D3ND2RKKRR3 --glsticketdirect XNaMWxN5LUS/uqq9Mgp46O4MFrPpqmGdxmewdct+BO2myCMJF4aPfBbxnJs13diXe/ugLV2ZVaW9vaS9v0iZjwMzhAx7N0/j18N2kbSGiszL/ba9151lWQ3TTiQ4byAiP3/HAc2X7JV4ghVcdFY0wCnIEow5Du3kWt+aUO7XJ4ham7214HnbtwfLEKQ0QGx5rhbZWaKvHjBBcP3Ol50cF3gUccJAssQHGAFrXarWheR6aYUwARGlpdRrbPoaadKd --chatserver "198.252.160.43:2900" --language English --rodat on --gametype DDO --supporturl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/trowser.aspx" --supportserviceurl "https://tss.turbine.com/TSSTrowser/SubmitTicket.asmx" --authserverurl "https://gls-auth.ddo.com/GLS.AuthServer/Service.asmx" --glsticketlifetime 21600 --prefs "C:\\Users\\<OS username was here>\\Documents\\Dungeons and Dragons Online\\UserBoxPref.ini"

2020-02-10 22:46:12 : 30872
    Other input formats I have tried, using both the quoteless and quoted methods:

-passing in the full file path, tried with both single and double backslashes.

-passing just the file name, hoping that DDO considers "Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online" to be a default folder if nothing else is specified.

-passing the file name with either \ or \\ in front, in the same hope with extra signage.

-passing the full file path with ^ in front of the spaces as an attempted escape character.

-passing the full file path with forward slashes / just for funsies

Not entirely sure where to go from here, other than moving all config files including the default to a shallow, space-less file path and never touching the normal launcher again. If anyone wants to use the half-working version I have now or try to figure out why it isn't working when the file path is quote-enclosed, I could post the modifications I made to the source code for others to play with. Let me know if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by MoonlitSilver; 02-11-2020 at 01:13 AM.
    Furthermore, I believe that the bugs and lag must be fixed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitSilver View Post
    I multibox, so I figured it would be useful to have one configuration for the accounts I spend more time controlling, and then have a second configuration with lower graphics settings and smaller windowed resolution for accounts that mostly sit idle until it's time to pull chests
    Would like this functionality myself for exactly the same reasons.

Also, support for each launched client being the new 64 bit client. On a per toon basis.

Please!

PS Wonderful tool, use it all the time, including patching.

Cool Preliminary support for x64 client

I have never used AutoIt3 before so probably there are better ways to do it, but at least it works here.

First, I couldn't get compiled master branch from github to work at all (using my old configuration and latest AutoIt3). I think AutoIt3's Crypt api changed and DDO-ML fails when decrypting passwords. The patch is below (DDO-ML.au3):
    Code:
    @@ -244,8 +245,7 @@

If $pass == "" Then
     			$pass = _xmlGetattrib("shortcut[" & $i & "]/account[" & $acc & "]/pass", "encrypted_value")
    -			$pass = _HexToString($pass)
    -			$pass = _Crypt_DecryptData($pass, $ckey, $CALG_AES_256)
    +			$pass = _Crypt_DecryptData("0x" & $pass, $ckey, $CALG_AES_256)
     			;consolewrite($pass & @CRLF)
     			$pass = BinaryToString($pass)
     			;consolewrite($pass)
    There's also a bug that writes garbage window position if you close DDO-ML using tray menu while it's window is minimized:
    Code:
    @@ -126,6 +126,7 @@
     TrayItemSetOnEvent(-1, "_exit")
     Func _exit()
     	If $gui <> 0 Then
    +		_WinAPI_ShowWindow($gui,@SW_SHOWNORMAL)
     		$pos = WinGetPos($gui)
     		IniWrite($ini_file, "startup", "x", $pos[0])
     		IniWrite($ini_file, "startup", "y", $pos[1])
    About x64 support... We now have 3 ddo clients. 32-bit, 32-bit legacy and 64-bit. Original launcher allows you to select one and stores the choice in your UserPreferences.ini. I have modified DDO-ML to use that value instead of guessing. If you cannot use original launcher for some reason, just add/change GameClientType value in [Launcher] section of UserPreferences.ini. Values are:
    1 = 32-bit client
    2 = 32-bit legacy client (vista and below with external browser)
    3 = 64-bit client

I had to patch both DDO-ML.au3 and ddolauncher.au3:

Patch for DDO-ML.au3 (it was probably failing on legacy client before too):
    Code:
    @@ -299,7 +299,7 @@
     		WinSetOnTop($active, "", 1)
     	EndIf
     	For $acc = 1 To $acc_count Step 1
    -		If Not StringInStr($py_out[$acc - 1], "dndclient.exe") Then
    +		If Not StringInStr($py_out[$acc - 1], "dndclient") Then
     			_GUICtrlListView_SetColumn($sList, 0, "Error " & $user)
     			Return
     		Else
    Patch for ddolauncher.au3:
    Code:
    @@ -15,6 +15,8 @@
     	[FileVersion]
     #ce
     #include <File.au3>
    +#include <APIShellExConstants.au3>
    +#include <WinAPIShellEx.au3>

$oErrObj = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","_MyErrFunc")
     $debug = 0
    @@ -344,7 +346,7 @@

Func query_queue_url($configserver)
     	Local $config[2] = ["", ""]
    -	Local $legacy = @OSVersion=="WIN_VISTA" ? "Legacy" : ""
    +	Local $exeType = IniRead(_WinAPI_ShellGetSpecialFolderPath($CSIDL_PERSONAL)&"\Dungeons and Dragons Online\UserPreferences.ini", "Launcher", "GameClientType", "1")

$oXML = _CreateMSXMLObj(1)
     	If Not IsObj($oXML) Then
    @@ -371,7 +373,10 @@
     	EndIf

$config[0] = $oXML.responseXML.selectSingleNode('//appSettings/add[@key = "WorldQueue.LoginQueue.URL"]').getAttribute("value")
    -	$config[1] = $oXML.responseXML.selectSingleNode('//appSettings/add[@key = "GameClient.WIN32' & $legacy & '.Filename"]').getAttribute("value")
    +	$config[1] = $oXML.responseXML.selectSingleNode('//appSettings/add[@key = "GameClient.WIN' & ($exeType == 3 ? "64":"32") & ($exeType == 2 ? "Legacy":"") & '.Filename"]').getAttribute("value")
    +	if $exeType == 3 Then
    +		$config[1] = "x64\" & $config[1]
    +	EndIf

Return $config
     EndFunc   ;==>query_queue_url
    That's it. I'm not providing binaries, you can either compile it yourself or wait for one of the maintainers to make a proper patch/release.

The correct syntax to pass preferences file location to dndclient.exe is quoted and single slashed
    Code:
    dndclient.exe  --prefs "C:\Users\<OS username was here>\Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\UserBoxPref.ini"
    From v1.5.0.0 you can specify it in ddo-ml.xml for any character, at /root/shortcut/account/preferencesFile/@value (see in example file)

That's it. I'm not providing binaries, you can either compile it yourself or wait for one of the maintainers to make a proper patch/release.
    Thank you for your work!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast