Thread: Midwinter Games

Community Member

Default Midwinter Games

Is there a guide for scoring big in the Midwinter Games?

It seems in order to earn a Resist 10 I need to score above 900 which I've not yet been able to do.

If there is no guide, a few pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wonko_the_sane View Post
    Is there a guide for scoring big in the Midwinter Games?

It seems in order to earn a Resist 10 I need to score above 900 which I've not yet been able to do.

If there is no guide, a few pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    A bit late, but if you saved some tokens, maybe you can still do a few runs.

Fire resist 10 is really hard to get, so far I've only won 2 or 3 so far with running daily on two characters on two servers, scoring 600-1100 in each run (over 900, if that's the mark, I maybe score once or twice a day on average, in 6 races a day).

To get a good score:

First, you need to run the full 3 minutes, if you finish early you get nothing except 100 points for the finish line. So ideally you run towards the end, which will take around 1:30, then turn around just before the finishing line (often there are some silver flakes), and skate back to about the middle of the course. From there you can run back towards the beginning (you don't have to cross the finishing line at all) or turn around again and finish before the timer ends to get the extra 100.

If you have daily rented skates, consider to run back to the beginning, in order to save time so you can start the next race immediately after.
    If you have bought skates trying to get finishing line, though mostly I just ignore finishing line alltogether.

My main route usually is farming the full course once, going back and forth and getting as many good flakes in the middle area as possible, then run toward the end, then skate back to middle area and farm all respawned flakes again, usually time then runs out.

What's really important is to "farm" silver, gold and purple coins permanently. You have to consider the respawns after some time or after you moved far enough away from them. I don't know exactly which causes the respawns. But if you turn around at the end, they usually have respawned around the bridge area and before (middle part). You should do the route over the high ramp (right side) once at least, and also the smaller ramp on the left and the area in between, there are always some silver flakes.

Only concentrate on silver, gold and purple flakes, plus double-point bonuses. The are also little rats which give bonuses, but they only appear on wayfinder and are incredibly helpful. I've never seen them on Khyber though. Maybe they are only on the smaller servers.

To get the really high scores, you need some luck and get a double-point bonus followed by some flakes, ideally gold or even purple ones. Most higher-grade flakes have pretty fixes locations that you get to know after some time, although there's a high degree of randomness to it much likie the challenges (you alos need a teleporter location there surrounded by purple crystals, for example).

That's mainly what I can think of ...

Or just farm some purples in the harbour (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...farming-Guide?)

and sell some stuff, then you can buy the Fire resistance 10 from the AH
    Last edited by Bimbelbo; 02-13-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

Community Member

Thumbs up Thanks for the tips!

These are great tips! Thank you.

One thing, though: You forgot to mention that changing instance prematurely ends the race. It's no biggie. But I found out the hard way.
    KHYBER toons: Erelda, Kadreya, Phalla
    GHALLANDA toons: Icebow, Sofria