Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member reddoormedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    65

    Default How does Sharadi work for casters?

    What is it that makes Sharadi casting such a common choice for casters. How does the destiny work ? What skills ? What makes it so powerful?

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reddoormedia View Post
    What is it that makes Sharadi casting such a common choice for casters. How does the destiny work ? What skills ? What makes it so powerful?
    I only played with it a little bit, but on a WF Sorc I could just spam Magic/Force Missile spells and the high rate of those attacks (whose damage works on just about everything) would trigger a ton of unresistable Shiradi effects on everything.

  3. #3
    Uber Completionist
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reddoormedia View Post
    What is it that makes Sharadi casting such a common choice for casters. How does the destiny work ? What skills ? What makes it so powerful?
    I am not a pro at it, for I have " tried it " for 2 hours with an improper build.

    But the basic idea is that you use low sp spells, that don't require any DC, and that have multiple hits, as each has a chance to proc " an effect ".

    With FvS Splash, you technically close to never run out of SP.

    I am sure you can find already existing data about it on the forums, including build variations, etc.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

  4. #4
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reddoormedia View Post
    What is it that makes Sharadi casting such a common choice for casters. How does the destiny work ? What skills ? What makes it so powerful?
    Shiradi caster builds are usually based on Prism stance + Double Rainbow which has a 7% chance of proccing random dmg effects; Favorable Winds (3rd Shiradi core ability) grants additional sonic dmg. These effects are also boosted by Spellpower and metamagics applied to the spell which caused the proc. These procs have no saves; add in Nerve Venom for a no-save paralyze effect to boot. As ddorimble said, usually the idea is to spam as many low-SP-cost spells as you can to max out those proc chances. FvS splashes are also popular on some arcane caster builds which are Fire and/or Force-specced for the various AoV bonuses: extra crit chance (Smiting), Spellpower (Scourge), and temp SPs (Just Reward); the efficient metamagics also stack with other PrE trees, I think.

  5. #5
    2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Shiradi caster builds are usually based on Prism stance + Double Rainbow which has a 7% chance of proccing random dmg effects; Favorable Winds (3rd Shiradi core ability) grants additional sonic dmg. These effects are also boosted by Spellpower and metamagics applied to the spell which caused the proc. These procs have no saves; add in Nerve Venom for a no-save paralyze effect to boot. As ddorimble said, usually the idea is to spam as many low-SP-cost spells as you can to max out those proc chances. FvS splashes are also popular on some arcane caster builds which are Fire and/or Force-specced for the various AoV bonuses: extra crit chance (Smiting), Spellpower (Scourge), and temp SPs (Just Reward); the efficient metamagics also stack with other PrE trees, I think.
    To expand on that, favourable winds is a chance for extra sonic damage (5d10 initially, then increasing to 10d10), fey power (top tier core) is 2d100 force damage, then prism is a chance for ability damage, rainbow (expanding on prism) is a chance for random damage type, and double rainbow is a chance for "an effect" which can be anything (and frequently changes depending on new effects in development) such as summoning a ham, single target damage, AoE damage, or an instakill, then you have nerve venom for a chance of a no-save paralyse (which iirc also makes them helpless & thus vulnerable for the extra +50% damage) so that's potentially up to 6 bonus effects. All of those procs are boosted by whatever spellpower, metamagic & crit chance/multiplier that boosts the "carrier" spell so it's surprisingly common on a force specced character to see a single SLA magic missile volley end up hitting for over 2k HP, and a few times i've seen enemies hit by 50 or more points of stat damage (somewhat rarer due to the high resistance to stat damage in EH & EE, but occasionally it gets through, or if you're running on EN or a heroic quest).

    Oh, and if you're a favoured soul, the archon's little light attacks can proc those effects too.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 02-13-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

  6. #6
    Community Member dlsidhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddorimble View Post
    I only played with it a little bit, but on a WF Sorc I could just spam Magic/Force Missile spells and the high rate of those attacks (whose damage works on just about everything) would trigger a ton of unresistable Shiradi effects on everything.
    Oddly, I like it best as "originally" intended - on a caster druid. Every proc of an AOE has a chance to proc Shiradi effects, too. The Earthquake/Ice Storm combo creates an lengthy area of no-save bludgeoning damage with a pretty wickedly good CC. Then you watch things explode, random damage (Ice Storm does 500 fire damage? Sweet!), things that save against the Earthquake trip getting paralyzed by Nerve Venom, and general insanity.

    Other than that, having played with it on a sorcerer, it's spam magic missiles and watch the effects proc.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload