Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default dwarf fighter 10-ranger-5 arti-5..............

    a friend of mine says he has this build and it is really kick ass..i was trying to figure it out on the planner...but couldn't really see the max potential..get all the top tiers on enhance trees..but seems a lil gimped..he said he has only used a =2 str and =2 wis tome with it..if u can see if it is really good..let me know..and how u would build it..ty

  2. #2
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garzan123 View Post
    a friend of mine says he has this build and it is really kick ass..i was trying to figure it out on the planner...but couldn't really see the max potential..get all the top tiers on enhance trees..but seems a lil gimped..he said he has only used a =2 str and =2 wis tome with it..if u can see if it is really good..let me know..and how u would build it..ty
    All I know is level 6 of ranger gets you a LOT of stuff... I can't imagine the 5th level of arti being better (but it might be - I'm no arti expert)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  3. #3
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17,692

    Default

    I think your friend was trolling you...or at least pitching a sub-optimal class split:
    • Rgr 5 gets you nothing apart from access to T5 enhs and some more HPs; stop at rgr 4 (Rams Might + Prec Shot) or 6 (ITWF+Manyshot+lvl 6 core enhs).
    • The only thing arty 5 gets you is Retain Essence & more HPs; again, I'd stop at 4 (extra feat) or 6 (lvl 3 spells like Flame Turret and Addy Weaps).
    • Ftr 8 gets you Keen Edge; ftr 12 gets you Power Surge & GWS; ftr 10 gets you an extra feat & more HPs, but again it seems a suboptimal choice.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I think your friend was trolling you...or at least pitching a sub-optimal class split:
    • Rgr 5 gets you nothing apart from access to T5 enhs and some more HPs; stop at rgr 4 (Rams Might + Prec Shot) or 6 (ITWF+Manyshot+lvl 6 core enhs).
    • The only thing arty 5 gets you is Retain Essence & more HPs; again, I'd stop at 4 (extra feat) or 6 (lvl 3 spells like Flame Turret and Addy Weaps).
    • Ftr 8 gets you Keen Edge; ftr 12 gets you Power Surge & GWS; ftr 10 gets you an extra feat & more HPs, but again it seems a suboptimal choice.
    thank you for the response...so how would u build it if it was fighter 10..ranger 6..arti 4...u could take fighter 14 ranger 6 and use half elf dilly for arti..thanks for the help..kinda want to try it to show him that his build is weak..compared to this one

  5. #5
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17,692

    Default

    Are the artificer lvls just for skills or do you plan to use repeaters? Do you want this to be majority-ftr (e.g., for the past life) or are you open to, say, more rgr than ftr?
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Are the artificer lvls just for skills or do you plan to use repeaters? Do you want this to be majority-ftr (e.g., for the past life) or are you open to, say, more rgr than ftr?
    I would def use repeaters from far..and if I need to use a betr choice of weapon or tactic close in I will also..i like to have options most of the time...past life fighter would be fine..i have a 22 lv fighter I will tr in a month or so ..so would this build be ok for next life..u are the expert sir...I have all races and all packs ..vip..so dwarf is what I would like..but does not have to be..ty

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Are the artificer lvls just for skills or do you plan to use repeaters? Do you want this to be majority-ftr (e.g., for the past life) or are you open to, say, more rgr than ftr?
    I also have been trying to create a cleric rogue build..not a splash of rogue or cleric..but just cannot seem to get it..it would be nice to be able to get traps..and then heal myself ..I have a wf arti that does that..but was trying for cleric/rogue..14-6 split..any help would be greatly appreciated..ty

  8. #8
    Community Member kuro_zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garzan123 View Post
    a friend of mine says he has this build and it is really kick ass..i was trying to figure it out on the planner...but couldn't really see the max potential..get all the top tiers on enhance trees..but seems a lil gimped..he said he has only used a =2 str and =2 wis tome with it..if u can see if it is really good..let me know..and how u would build it..ty
    Like others have said, I simply am not seeing the potential of the class split. 8ftr/6rgr/6arty seems like a more optimal split, but even then not seeing what 6arty brings to the table over say 6rog.

    Lastly it is impossible to have multiple Tier5 abilities from multiple enhancement trees (assuming what was meant with "get all top tiers on enhance tree" line) if that was the point of the odd class split it fails from the start.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload