Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    That's essentially what is meant by this:
    Please don't

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    This is my biggest problem with a lot of recent gear; the ML is too high.

It should be 20 or 25 for this stuff.

There are a couple of reasons:

- Destinies, TR and eTR mean that characters at 25 (or less, if feasible) will be doing this raid. If you can usefully contribute to the quest, then the loot should be usable by you

- Destinies, TR and eTR means that 'Level 28' is a largely meaningless power indicator. If the ML requirement is to make sure that the gear won't 'overpower' the character, then it is not a good measure, since the bonus due to most of this gear is trivial compared to the bonuses from twists, feats etc.

In this context, I'd even suggest reducing the ML on most, if not all, recent named gear.
    This makes no sense to me...if you make this new stuff ML 20, it makes everything we have completely obsolete. Why in the world would we want that?

ty. i like having options.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    yea, this is what we need to make heavy armor still more useless...
    Nah, they just need to tweak armor types once again to modify values based on the type.

How many shadow scales drop on EN? What is the binding status of ingots, scales and Phlogiston? Unbound, hopefully, like shroud ingredients.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Community Member

I don't think offering one armour is going to make the whole class of armour viable. At least now people actually want to run the raid.

I went from being completely uninterested in the loot to considering raiding until I get 2, maybe 3 pieces on each of my characters.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

heavy armor was useless before already because it cap's your dodge to 2% due to the dex bonus... and we all know how lovely a high dodge is

Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

While I would totally love +1DC on medium armour, that DR on heavy only might have been enough to go heavy ( with getting mdb up with past lives, Crucible belt, feats etc ) cause there seem to be a little focus on fleshie s+b "tanking".

Now, it only will be forgotten, and again everybody will wear robes + DR.

There has to be enough benefit that FORCES choices.
    I mean I will think going robe for JUST 1 DC despite loss of prr maybe, I don't know.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Nah, they just need to tweak armor types once again to modify values based on the type.
    this won't help, because PRR formula at higher tiers don't pay the effort. The change between 0 and 50 PRR is MORE worth it than 100 to 150. I think the formula must change or armor must change to actually give some kind of avoidance...
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=armor+history
    In this thread there are lot of good and bad ideas about it, pick yours...

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    I don't think offering one armour is going to make the whole class of armour viable. At least now people actually want to run the raid.

I went from being completely uninterested in the loot to considering raiding until I get 2, maybe 3 pieces on each of my characters.
    agree that one armor don't fix it, but at least the item was something unique that help to withstand the grief of your gimpness...

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    heavy armor was useless before already because it cap's your dodge to 2% due to the dex bonus... and we all know how lovely a high dodge is
    yes i know, that's why i said before: "yea, this is what we need to make heavy armor still more useless..."

Reading is one skill underrated for many, spread some points here.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    While I would totally love +1DC on medium armour, that DR on heavy only might have been enough to go heavy ( with getting mdb up with past lives, Crucible belt, feats etc ) cause there seem to be a little focus on fleshie s+b "tanking".

Now, it only will be forgotten, and again everybody will wear robes + DR.

There has to be enough benefit that FORCES choices.
    I mean I will think going robe for JUST 1 DC despite loss of prr maybe, I don't know.
    this

I have nothing against to have choices, but they need to have sense

I agree that the +1 DC or 3% bonus to doublestrike need to be a choise of customisation, but the 30-60 DR in a pajama???!!?!?! seriously? why bother with heavy armor ?? point me any situation where heavyarmor is better than a pajama please... i'm unable to see one.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    That makes no sense.
    Agreed, which is why I now plan on making a DR robes as a swap item before making the items actually meant for my character's endgame gear set.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

Community Member

this

I have nothing against to have choices, but they need to have sense

I agree that the +1 DC or 3% bonus to double strike need to be a choice of customization, but the 30-60 DR in a pajama???!!?!?! seriously? why bother with heavy armor ?? point me any situation where heavy armor is better than a pajama please... I'm unable to see one.

^ this

No possibility of a middle-ground approach? Just every type gets one thing, or every type gets one from the full list?

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    These items will be Min Level 28.
    Why level 28? This makes them junk for the majority of players who never will remain there.

We've also got the Thunder-Forged items that increase the ML when you upgrade them. If anything, the upgrade path should make them more desirable by lowering the ML.

Maybe when the cap goes to 30, we can spend some time actually using these shiny toys, but until then these items will be collecting dust in most players banks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    This would work if it was something like:
    - Robe/Outfit - 5 DR/Epic, 10 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - Light Armor - 10 DR/Epic, 20 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - Medium Armor - 20 DR/Epic, 40 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - Heavy Armor - 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - Docent gets the benefit from Body Feat

Of course, we know that's not going to happen because the Devs will just give the same (maxed) benefit to all Armors so that the Monks and Casters get their fast swap in protection armors. And I'm sure the reason will be because of that pesky Docent armor just can't be programmed correctly (like the broken PRR calculation since PRR was added to the game) so it would be easier to just add the same benefit to all armors, instead of tilting something for once in favor of Heavy and Medium armor in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post

Of course, we know that's not going to happen because the Devs will just give the same (maxed) benefit to all Armors so that the Monks and Casters get their fast swap in protection armors. And I'm sure the reason will be because of that pesky Docent armor just can't be programmed correctly (like the broken PRR calculation since PRR was added to the game) so it would be easier to just add the same benefit to all armors, instead of tilting something for once in favor of Heavy and Medium armor in the game.
    Bump robes up to 10/20 and light armor to 15/30 and you have sale. 5/10 is insignificantly small especially considering shiradi's get DR 7/cold iron for free. 10/20 is still too small for most people wearing robes to pick this choice anyway so you aren't giving anything up. I think if there are a range of choices for the DR option it would be nice to have a range of choices for all options......
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Thanks Steel, that's good to hear. I somehow missed that post while going through the dev tracker
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    So we can have 30 DR on robes?
    Could it at least be a more sensible graduated scale?

Heavy Armour: DR30/-
    Medium Armour: DR20/-, +4% stacking dodge
    Light Armour: DR10/-, +8% stacking dodge
    Robes: +12% stacking dodge

Or something like that.

The intention is to preserve the flavour of armour as well as all the good work that was done differentiating armour types.

Where is your suggestion for the est of the stats to be dolled out differently over different armors???

shouldn't double strike be 1% for heavy and say 4 or 5 % for light or robes?

dc should be +1 for heavy and +4 for robes.... oh wait that's not cool is it?

Sorry dude unless your gonna suggest that the effects function like this for all of em and put together a good proposal for them all, then your suggestion isn't even worth looking at.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    Where is your suggestion for the est of the stats to be dolled out differently over different armors???

shouldn't double strike be 1% for heavy and say 4 or 5 % for light or robes?

dc should be +1 for heavy and +4 for robes.... oh wait that's not cool is it?

Sorry dude unless your gonna suggest that the effects function like this for all of em and put together a good proposal for them all, then your suggestion isn't even worth looking at.
    Already suggested something similar to that about 10 days ago:

To tell the truth, I was really hoping that both the WW Weapons and Shadowscale Armor would be part of some new Endgame Crafting system similar to Greensteel where players could customize their weapons and armor with mixing and matching different abilities at different tiers. With the Shadowscale Armor, I could see maybe at the final tier an extra bonus going to each type of armor, for example all armors could gain a +1 DC but Robes would gain a +2 DC instead or all armors could gain +2d6 Sneak Attack but Light Armor would gain +3d6 Sneak Attack.

Heck, if the Devs are willing to actually go through and make crafting systems that are similar to Greensteel (and not Alchemical as WW currently is), I'm willing to allow the Devs leeway to delay one of the WW Weapon or Shadowscale Armor crafting systems until the next update. It means a better crafting system without a **** rush job, that just means players can start collecting crafting materials prior to the release of the second crafting system.

But that's just me, I'm not sure how others would feel about it.
    And a day later I elaborated on it a bit:

This is why I suggested that certain Armors get an extra bonus. I'll break it down how I see it with the different bonuses available from the OP that players could choose on their armor:
    * +3 Profane bonus to Concentration on all Armors, except Robes and Outfits get +4 Profane Concentration
    * +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs on all Armors, except Robes get +2 Profane bonus to Spell DC
    * +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs on all Armors, except Outfits get a +2 Profane bonus to Tactics
    * 2d6 sneak attack damage on all Armors, except Light armors get a 3d6 sneak attack damage
    * +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws on all Armors, except Light Armors get a +2 Profane bonus to Reflex saves
    * +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike on all Armors, except Medium Armors get a +5% Profane Doublestrike
    * 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health on all Armors, except Heavy Armors get 45 DR/Epic and 75 DR/Epic
    * 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp on all Armors, except Docents get 15% Profane Repair amp

What if players could mix and match what they want? Don't get stuck on the numbers though, since they can be adjusted. But players would be allowed to make the armor with the stuff that they want on those armors. However, certain armors will have an inherently higher bonus that the other armors don't have.

If this was expanded with more options for the players to choose (and each option has a slightly higher bonus on one type of armor) while only being able to choose a handful of the options, I think it would make players much happier. Tactics shouldn't be strictly for monks since other classes can use tactics. Spell DCs shouldn't be just for Robes, since there are Bards and Druids and Clerics and FvS and now Eldritch Knights that don't wear Robes. Sneak attack is useful for all melee classes, but Light armor prevents Ninja Spies from gaining the extra damage. Doublestrike is useful for all melee classes, but again the Medium armor prevents evasion builds from using the armor. And I continue to shake my head at the poor options that WF have with armors in the game...

This mixing and matching solves that problem. It allows players to build an armor that they want. Yet the increased bonuses for particular armor helps prevent something overpowering from happening as Kalevor points. It allows the Devs to reign in some of the enhancements on armors (and builds) from being too powerful.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast